Bluetooth SIG

Updated Dec 23, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Look elsewhere

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Bluetooth SIG full-time

ProsWaterfront office; lots of snacks, and birthday parties. Other than that, I'm at a loss. Workspace was quiet.

ConsThe company was very volatile, and there was very little direction from the C-level execs and above. It was a mystery as to what some of them did. Compensation, and benefits were also below the area norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what the SIG's objectives are, and plan projects accordingly. It's really that simple; when I worked there, I was never sure what value the SIG was adding to the Bluetooth ecosystem.

Low pay, long hours, terrible code base

Software Development Engineer (Former Employee)
Kirkland, WA

I worked at Bluetooth SIG full-time for less than a year

ProsI honestly can't think of anything I really enjoyed about working there. They had a nice Christmas party i guess?

ConsTheir code base is written in an outdated version of TTCN and there is no documentation so it is very difficult to figure out how to use it. And most of the existing code is broken so there is not much to look at for examples either. Also, the IDE that you have to use there will give you a headache every day.
The managers want everything done in much too short of a time frame with hardly any people on the team.
Half the code is unable to be tested because they don't have the correct devices to do so.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither extend the time frame or hire more people. And invest in an upgrade to a language that is actually still used.

Worked for Bluetooth SIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bluetooth SIG reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Bluetooth SIG employees.