Bluetooth SIG Reviews

1.6
CEO

1. Look elsewhere

I worked at Bluetooth SIG full-time

Pros

Waterfront office; lots of snacks, and birthday parties. Other than that, I'm at a loss. Workspace was quiet.

Cons

The company was very volatile, and there was very little direction from the C-level execs and above. It was a mystery as to what some of them did. Compensation, and benefits were also below the area norm.

Advice to Management

Figure out what the SIG's objectives are, and plan projects accordingly. It's really that simple; when I worked there, I was never sure what value the SIG was adding to the Bluetooth ecosystem.

2. Right direction, dysfunctional management

Former Employee - Product Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Bluetooth SIG full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location, some great people. Pay is good.

Cons

The leadership is completely dysfunctional. ED and Marketing Director not on the same page. 4 PM's in 3 years isn't a good track record. Highly political. They're only lucky because Bluetooth as a technology is doing very well. It's not the leadership.

Advice to Management

Agree on roles and responsibilities before the meeting. Focus on the information and structure. You're an advocate and not a producer of products. Let good people do the right thing and not demoralize them for trying. This was the worst company I have ever worked for. Zero leadership. Just because you celebrate birthdays doesn't show leadership or make it a great place to work.

Low pay, long hours, terrible code base

Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Kirkland, WA
    Former Employee - Software Development Engineer in Kirkland, WA

I worked at Bluetooth SIG full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of anything I really enjoyed about working there. They had a nice Christmas party i guess?

Cons

Their code base is written in an outdated version of TTCN and there is no documentation so it is very difficult to figure out how to use it. And most of the existing code is broken so there is not much to look at for examples either. Also, the IDE that you have to use there will give you a headache every day. The managers want everything done in much too short of a time frame with hardly any people on the team. Half the code is unable to be tested because they don't have the correct devices to do so.

Advice to Management

Either extend the time frame or hire more people. And invest in an upgrade to a language that is actually still used.

RSS Feed </> Embed