Bluewolf Reviews

Reset
3.9
Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Pros
  • The company rewards hard work and initiative while encouraging all to do their best for customers every day (in 8 reviews)

• Work life balance- I have the ability to work from home as needed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance gets more difficult the higher up in the company you are (in 9 reviews)

• Growing Company Enduring Growing Pains (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Definitely the right decision

Current Employee - Agile Business Executive (ABE) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Agile Business Executive (ABE) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People: I have yet to meet someone here that I don't like. Whatever work I'm doing aside, it's the people that make a job pleasant or not, and I truly enjoy coming to work every day. Everyone here is smart as well, which makes for a good environment in which to learn and grow. Possibilities: You can essentially go in any direction here--choose what you want to learn/do, and go do it. Good balance between independence/support: I'm not micro-managed in any way, either by my direct supervisor or by the company (no vacation policy, etc.). At the same time, I receive so much support and encouragement. There's always someone to turn to for advice, one-on-ones every other week and periodically, etc. There are people rooting for me and behind me, but no one on top of me.

Cons

So far, I honestly can't think of anything. Working at Bluewolf has been a great experience. The ABE program has been the perfect transition for me from college to the working world, and I can easily see the potential to grow here and stay around for a while.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. Thanks for being approachable.

2. Great culture/people

I have been working at Bluewolf

Pros

Welcoming, young culture. Everyone is really nice and willing to help anyone out.

Cons

I haven't found any so far

3. Salesforce Developer

I worked at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Even for a large company you can be noticed. There are reviews that are performed and goals that you are trying to reach. The organization is very supportive on the development side. The management over the developers are great guys and I enjoyed working for them.

Cons

To get a raise is very structured. You can't just be good or even great. You have to hit these milestones. This probably prevents some form of abuse of promoting unqualified people because they are a buddy but makes it difficult when you truly excel.

Innovative company with a great culture

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Training programs and mentorship abound - Lots of opportunities to carve your own path - Energetic culture of helping rather than blaming - Awesome and supremely talented people - Leadership is accessible and reasonably transparent - Incredible client roster - Challenging and interesting projects will push you to improve - Actual focus on work/life balance - Company is growing at a rapid pace

Cons

- Career pathing could be stronger - Training is available across the board but needs more formalization - Resourcing projects can be frustrating at times due to high demand for services

Advice to Management

Bluewolf is an amazing organization with a strong leadership team. Focus on providing concrete direction for career paths and make the training and certification processes a bit simpler. Otherwise, keep it up. Definitely a cool place to work and learn.

You could do worse

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office in the Flatiron district, right on Madison Square Park. Great view from the reception area too. Pay was fine, at least with the bonus, which was paid out quarterly and seemed to be pretty much guaranteed. There are a fair amount of good developers there, although I always wondered how they managed to keep them around, since the consulting work seemed pretty uninteresting. I left because I wasn't terribly motivated, but a lot of the developers and project managers there seemed to really like it.

Cons

I found the office culture pretty grating. Although my team was an exception, the office seemed to be dominated by loud bros. I guess the good side of that was that things were pretty casual - happy hours were fairly common, and people were frequently drinking in the office on Friday. As a developer, working with the main platform there (Force.com) was very unfulfilling. I spent far too much time wrestling with their API rather than doing proper development work. I wasn't a consultant, but the consultants seemed to be extremely overworked. Some of them were constantly stressed and many were in the office before I got in in the mornings and after I left at night. I know in the "Pros" section I said that the consultants liked their jobs, which is true, but the job also seemed to be killing them, so I don't know. Anyway, I was a developer on an internal product. The product itself was fine and the team was great, but it had little to no support from the higher-ups. If you're going to work here, you're probably better off doing it as a consultant.

Churn and Burn

Former Employee - Senior Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Developer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Bluewolf (More than a year)

Pros

There are some very smart people working there. I know that because they tell you that constantly.

Cons

They are stingy on the bonus side, even when you hit or exceed your targets. You will have to eat hours for things that are beyond your control.

Advice to Management

Keep your promises. If you tell someone you will give them a raise or bonus, follow through on it.

8. BA Chicago

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing about Bluewolf is the culture. There is a great sense of community within each office. BW also does a great job or allowing individuals to grow professionally while maintaining that team first mentality. There's a sense that each employee has the room to work with as much independence as they like as long as the results are consistent. Yet there is always the sense that more experienced resources are available when needed.

Cons

Bluewolf's continued growth can perhaps be viewed as a risk to the company's unique culture; however this growth also leads to new opportunities for employees and BW has continually shown that they are not hesitant to promote deserving employees to leadership roles.

Advice to Management

My only advice would be to strive to maintain the unique culture as the company continues to grow. The atmosphere is what truly makes BW unique compared to similar organizations.

9. Client Advisor

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bluewolf (Less than a year)

Pros

I'm surrounded by talent. Bluewolf has hired the best, brightest, and most passionate people.

Cons

Cell phone reimbursement could be higher.

Advice to Management

Keep on being visionary.

Global Consulting @ Bluewolf

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bluewolf provides an environment to learn and grow. Our customers expect consultants that drive value day 1. That takes a company dedicated to developing extremely marketable employees. Bluewolf is a relatively flat organization with very little red tape around the execution of company or personal objectives.

Cons

Consulting is a demanding profession. Its no different at Bluewolf. The cons are less about the organization and have more to do with the profession and the huge demands placed on consultants by customers.

Advice to Management

As Bluewolf welcomes global growth continue to engage your employees in how to best build the practice

Work hard, play hard; know what both mean--and live the dream.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Bluewolf

Pros

I have worked at Bluewolf for more than 3 years. And before this, I was a client. I came here because of the people here and I stay here because of the people. Bluewolf is growing, by leaps and bounds, which isn't what other SFDC ISVs are doing. I've lived in an expansive corporate culture before this position, and it's still totally refreshing to be here. There are ideas, there's no stagnation, they are profitable and there's room to grow and learn. Bluewolf. is growing into a medium sized company. Are there growing pains, yes. Is it worth it-a RESOUNDING YES. And worth it if you are willing to put your time in. Do what you can to add to it's growth, with real ROI and not live in a culture of entitlement. And when I say entitlement--do you work, make your util, get your certs, come up with clever ideas for your clients, get a great NPS score from the client and fill in for your boss when he/she is out. Show us how you're growing, how you have ideas based on experience, data, and proven execution. Do all that and you're invaluable. You will grow and be promoted. Promotion should not be an expectation of tenure, IMO. Over the years, I have worked with some of the most intelligent people at the largest most prestigious companies. The people at Bluewolf are so curious, so intelligent and care. Care about their customers, their colleagues and the quality of their work. And that troika is why I'm excited every Monday morning at 9:00am to start work each week. I curate much of our best work, and every week, I'm astounded at what my colleagues devise for our clients. To make them successful. To make their customers successful. And those staffers get great personal satisfaction from those deliverables, from those customer moments.

Cons

Bluewolf looks for self starters (as do the majority of companies). Look into your own soul to know what you need. If you are a self starter (at any level), you will excel and shine here. There are on boarding programs and training sessions. Which are standard at most companies. If you need to shadow someone for weeks, full time, while they take the lead, look elsewhere. They will guide you and meet with you and coach you, but it's not 24/7 coaching (no company can afford that). I personally like to charter my own destiny. Your mileage may vary. Absorb whatever training is given to you. Go from there . . . and the world is your oyster. And while this is the "Cons" section. Think through what you personally need to be successful and ask that during interviews. Match that up with what you know you need to be successful. Again, the world is your oyster.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing EBIDTA info to the staff and the WIIFMs for them. The younger staff members need to see how it relates. Keep investing internally to support the revenue. Keep it real with the staff (at all levels) and talk to them regularly, globally. Keep living our moral code, and ensure it's pushed down to the staff. MY ADVICE TO ANYONE READING THE GLASSDOOR REVIEWS: -Who is writing each review? How good are they in their job at BW, and the companies before BW? Do they have a sense of entitlement? Do they have the whole picture? Make your own decisions. I love my job, I work hard, the work is interesting, stimulating and I love my colleagues. It can't get better than that.

RSS Feed </> Embed