Bluewolf

Updated September 16, 2014
3.8

Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Pros
  • Smart, hard-working people seem to be treated well and given opportunity to succeed (in 7 reviews)

• Work life balance- I have the ability to work from home as needed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance gets more difficult the higher up in the company you are (in 8 reviews)

• Bluewolf is a rapidly growing company and with that there are some growing pains (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Grow faster than you imagined possible.

Current Employee - Talent  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Talent in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Hands down the people. I am inspired by the incredible talent we hire and some of my closest friends are Bluewolfers. Our leadership is real and accessible. If you ask for what you want ( this is key- you need to be vocal) your manager will find a way to help you get there. Our executives just funded an internal incubator idea for 2 consultants in NYC, so they just got the green light to start a business inside of a business.

Cons

Create a better way of articulating the value of BW's company values. Increase training for managers.

Create more channels for company wide improvement ideas to get escalated and shared.

A collaborative organization that really empowers its employees.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time for more than a year

Pros

Teamwork, collaboration., and accountability are the expected behaviors, and the vast majority of employees embrace this culture. I am empowered to be entrepreneurial, but at the same time I know that in a demanding situation, a manager or colleague will "have my back." This is a great place to work.

Cons

The company is evolving into a more mature organization, and balancing that transition with our rapid growth can be challenging when you are on the front lines (client facing).

The company is headed in the right direction, so keep making the investments in people and infrastructure that will continue to drive our growth.

Opportunities are there for the taking.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Entrepreneurial culture perfect for those looking to take careers to the next level. Teammates have each others back and get the job done right for the customer.

Cons

Pace of the market and demands of enterprise clients means high expectations; which translates into everyone having critical roles and no where to hide.

Consistent communication across all global regions.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inspiring and Empowering

Current Employee - Director  in  Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Director in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time for less than a year

Pros

Bluewolf is a fast growing business with an inspiring group of leaders who give their employees opportunities to grow their capabilities and reach their potential. The company rewards hard work and initiative while encouraging all to do their best for customers every day. Leaders at executive and team level - work side by side with employees to deliver results. On top of all that - it's a really fun place to work - lots of laughter and good humour.

Cons

Like any consulting firm, everyone has to wear multiple hats and put in long hours to get the work done. Employees need to be super disciplined about managing their own time to ensure they achieve good work/life balance.

Most employees would appreciate a more structured approach to career path and professional development without overdoing it on bureaucracy.

Paving the way to Employee Experience

Current Employee - Global Talent Management  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Global Talent Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Bluewolf is a company with a lot of amazingly talented people who enjoy working together .This plats a big part in it's VERY collaborative environment. Bluewolf is a company that you can make a career at, it provides you the stage to showcase your abilities.

Cons

Bluewolf is a growing organization. It's developing from a startup to a well defined notable company. With growth comes change, with change comes management. We are constantly trying to balance and empower people over process.

Being a manger is a responsibility to your employees and to a company. It is career that you need to be engaged in otherwise be a individual contributor..Not everyone should be in management.

There are few environments where you can learn more, faster

Current Employee - Sales  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The People here make this place special

Cons

Consulting is extremely rewarding but not for the faint of heart

Fast growing companies need to continuously over communicate

Excellent Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

Bluewolf prides itself on its unique and exciting culture-- and rightfully so. The employees here are vibrant and the strong sense of community makes it feel like a second home. Many employees here are extremely talented and could get a job at any company they wanted However, Bluewolf sets itself apart. You can feel how close-knit the group is as soon as you walk in the door.

Cons

Bluewolf has an awesome vacation policy. You can take time off whenever you need it. However, this also means that it can be difficult for the busier employees to find that time to take off. Work life balance gets more difficult the higher up in the company you are.

Keep growing!

Huge opportunities for career growth across the organization

Current Employee - Operations Strategy and Enablement Team  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Strategy and Enablement Team in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time for more than a year

Pros

This organization is perfect for individuals who are entrepreneurs at heart. They enable every employee to make an impact on a daily basis, and they give us the support to go after our goals. I have been challenged since day 1, and it has been so rewarding to accomplish those challenges with a team like Bluewolf. The focus on working collaboratively, flexibility to own your own path, and the opportunity to challenge yourself is what keeps me here at Bluewolf.

Cons

Bluewolf is growing, so there are challenges with creating new processes. However, the leadership team is very adaptable and does their best to anticipate change. They also encourage us to think out side the box, and are extremely open to hearing our feedback on things we would like to see improved.

Create more formal processes as the company grows.

I have never learned so much in such a short period of time.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

At Bluewolf you work with some of the most selfless and gifted people around. We have one of the best recruiting teams around. I have found myself working with new hires who are absolutely brilliant. You don't deal with many egos and people are always willing to help you out. Depending on where you work, travel is not nearly as bad as other consulting firms.

Cons

The "No Vacation Policy" sometimes feels like No Vacation, Policy. You get so entrenched in your projects you forget to take time off in between and you find yourself neck deep in a new one. You need to be proactive in taking time off or you will never get a break.

We talk a lot about growth but can't help but feel, sometimes we are leaving some people behind.

Awesome culture

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

personal and professional growth, accelerated learning/experience opportunities

Cons

resourcing/staffing not always best; adds strain/burden to rest of team

work-life balance, hire qualified people

Worked for Bluewolf? Contribute to the Community!