Bluewolf

Updated February 24, 2015
3.8

Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Pros
  • The company rewards hard work and initiative while encouraging all to do their best for customers every day (in 8 reviews)

• Work life balance- I have the ability to work from home as needed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance gets more difficult the higher up in the company you are (in 9 reviews)

• Bluewolf is a rapidly growing company and with that there are some growing pains (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

I wish I had taken that other offer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent people. Good amount of project availability. Opportunity to work with major companies and travel.

Cons

This is the most disorganized place I have ever worked. I had two offers on the table when I chose to accept BW's. What made me choose them was the fact I was told they put the needs of their workers first and we were all a giant team/family. That sounded great, so I went with BW. That was two and a half years ago and I can say now that it was the biggest mistake of my life. They don't care about employees. The project managers can't even control their own projects. Everything is highly disorganized and unprofessional. They talk about the clients behind their backs and then refuse to say no to every little whim a company has, even if it means not being efficient or effective. I was told I could have time off to be with my sick father, but instead, I was met with demands that I work at nights or on weekends. The emails, texts, and calls never stop. Something is always messing up, and the project managers just can't seem to get a grasp on what it is. What a terrible work environment. I am currently looking at other employment.

Don't pretend you care about the employees or sell some family work environment. Manage time better and fire the project managers who mess up, not the poor saps they direct. They give us whip lash!

Best to avoid working here

I worked at Bluewolf

Pros

- Great colleagues to work with on projects, that have a ton of knowledge of Salesforce and passion for the work.
    - Big projects for quality companies.

Cons

- Very little effort from management in providing quality support to employees. I went for 6 week stretches where my manager would cancel our weekly one on one scheduled, even though I had things I wanted to discuss.
    - No feedback given by management, project or otherwise.
    - Very disrespectful of your time, would consistently ask you to do multiple things at once or at odd hours, prioritizing.
    - Poor communication was consistent, and inability to prioritize tasks and issues in a project was common.
    - Project management techniques and approach were completely inconsistent. It was a mystery from project to project, and sometimes week to week the approach the project management would take, and how things would be tracked. It made knowing what was expected a nightmare most of the time.

Ultimately I left after I was taken off a project, the week before bonuses were dispersed. Not hard to see why they did what they did, and that sort of culture runs amuck here it seems. It will always be about the bottom line to them, and they will have no problem sacrificing you, your well being or your career for that bottom line. This wasn't the first time I saw them make a decision like this, so if you do choose to work here, watch your back.

It's pretty simple really, treat your people better. Don't treat them like numbers or like assets, treat them like actual human beings once and a while. Support them on projects in a consistent and expected way, so that it's not always a mystery how the next project manager will handle the project.

Best co-op experience

Former Intern - Software Developer in Boston, MA
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Boston, MA

I worked at Bluewolf as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot of new technologies, especially cloud based technologies (Salesforce), you kind of become a Salesforce "guru".

Cons

Too much of Salesforce, but its good :)

Bad management, inexperienced teams and little knowledge of technology outside of salesforce

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Bluewolf

Pros

Most 5* reviews on here are either fake or written by juniors with zero experience working anywhere else.

If you want to get into tech consulting and a growing marketing but have zero understanding or skills in technology then practice your best winning smile and apply. Bluewolf will throw you in the deep end and put you in positions no other company would consider.

Cons

If you are an experienced consultant run. Your team will be made up of young inexperienced technically illiterate juniors that while keen, hard working and eager will be useless to you in anything more than a basic salesforce project.

Management is made up of those former juniors who stuck it out the longest and got there position through better people leaving. They all firmly believe in the Bluewolf staffing process and won't tolerate criticism as they take is personally.

A core group of in crowd managers are forcing out better people who just give up and go somewhere better. This is killing the company.

Wake up and realise that the salesforce market just got real. You need people that understand more than a junction object and are actually IT consultants that can collaborate with your clients at that level.

Sack most of your middle management, pay more and get a real recruitment and training program in place.

Mixed Bag

I have been working at Bluewolf

Pros

The core of Bluewolf is the people. Bluewolf finds really smart people who are great to work with. The company culture is very collaborative and open, which for the most part fosters an enjoyable working environment. Schedules are largely flexible and there's never a feeling of being micro managed. By and large, Bluewolf is a pretty flat organization, which i would consider a positive. They are making more efforts towards engaging employees, but I think there's still a ways to go. Additionally, innovation is encouraged and there is a feeling that new ideas are welcome. Bluewolf does make an effort to maintain its culture through growth and you can definitely feel the efforts. The culture is strong and the people are truly great.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive at all for the market. As a result, there is quite a bit of turnover and many people feel like they are promised things that are never delivered on. Transparency is often lacking and it often feels like management is more interested in band-aid fixes than long term solutions to fix broken internal processes. As with a lot of consulting firms, Bluewolf doesn't seem to want to invest in internal resources and processes. The executive team has good intentions, but feel out of touch with what's going on in the field. When pushing out organizational change, it's done very quickly and sometimes without working out the effects fully.

Continue to invest in employee development for all employees and all career paths. Be more responsible about change management and consider the downstream effects more carefully. Efforts towards engagement are positive, but there are still gaps and retaining talent should be a priority. Salaries need to be more competitive especially to people who have been around for a while and are well under market value.

Great Opportunity

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Collaboration is a core tenet of Bluewolf culture. Bluewolf is a great place to learn, grow, and collaborate with insanely smart colleagues.

Cons

Bluewolf is growing fast, so there are growing pains.

Fast paced collaborative atmosphere

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Working with some of the brightest people in the industry
    -Flexible
    -Huge Salesforce.com Partner
    -Leadership gives full insight into the health of the business
    -Beautiful office in NYC

Cons

-Growing pains just like any other fast growth company

Keep attracting new talent while also learning how to fully utilize the team in house

Definitely the right decision

Current Employee - Agile Business Executive (ABE) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Agile Business Executive (ABE) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People: I have yet to meet someone here that I don't like. Whatever work I'm doing aside, it's the people that make a job pleasant or not, and I truly enjoy coming to work every day. Everyone here is smart as well, which makes for a good environment in which to learn and grow.

Possibilities: You can essentially go in any direction here--choose what you want to learn/do, and go do it.

Good balance between independence/support: I'm not micro-managed in any way, either by my direct supervisor or by the company (no vacation policy, etc.). At the same time, I receive so much support and encouragement. There's always someone to turn to for advice, one-on-ones every other week and periodically, etc. There are people rooting for me and behind me, but no one on top of me.

Cons

So far, I honestly can't think of anything. Working at Bluewolf has been a great experience. The ABE program has been the perfect transition for me from college to the working world, and I can easily see the potential to grow here and stay around for a while.

Keep on doing what you're doing. Thanks for being approachable.

Fulfilling Work Experience

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership is engaged; consultants are smart and hard-working. People truly support one another.

Cons

Office Hubs are helpful but it is difficult to maintain culture and team environment with remote employees

Focus on professional development

The entrepreneurial spirt is alive and well

Current Employee - Internal Operations in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Internal Operations in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf

Pros

The young, energetic, and innovative culture are what I love most about coming to work everyday. Coworkers and upper management constantly push me to learn and grow on a daily basis. The environment is focused towards learning, collaboration, and problem solving. New employees have the opportunity to learn a lot fast and have their voice be heard. The business is growing fast and many people who are proactive do well. Upper management gives many people with good ideas the opportunity to execute their ideas within the Bluewolf vision, as well as mentor newer employees. Fostering education and harnessing potential are two of the biggest reasons I joined Bluewolf and am excited to grow within the company.

Cons

Communication can be difficult sometimes as many employees work remotely and across a number of offices both in the US and globally.

As the business grows more administrative staff will need to be hired to support growing offices and busy teams.