Bluewolf Reviews

161 reviews filtered by
3.8
Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Pros
  • The company rewards hard work and initiative while encouraging all to do their best for customers every day (in 8 reviews)

• Work life balance- I have the ability to work from home as needed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance gets more difficult the higher up in the company you are (in 9 reviews)

• Bluewolf is a rapidly growing company and with that there are some growing pains (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Definitely the right decision

Current Employee - Agile Business Executive (ABE) in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Agile Business Executive (ABE) in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (less than a year)

Pros

People: I have yet to meet someone here that I don't like. Whatever work I'm doing aside, it's the people that make a job pleasant or not, and I truly enjoy coming to work every day. Everyone here is smart as well, which makes for a good environment in which to learn and grow.

Possibilities: You can essentially go in any direction here--choose what you want to learn/do, and go do it.

Good balance between independence/support: I'm not micro-managed in any way, either by my direct supervisor or by the company (no vacation policy, etc.). At the same time, I receive so much support and encouragement. There's always someone to turn to for advice, one-on-ones every other week and periodically, etc. There are people rooting for me and behind me, but no one on top of me.

Cons

So far, I honestly can't think of anything. Working at Bluewolf has been a great experience. The ABE program has been the perfect transition for me from college to the working world, and I can easily see the potential to grow here and stay around for a while.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing. Thanks for being approachable.

2. Client Advisor

Current Employee - Client Advisor in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Client Advisor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Bluewolf (less than a year)

Pros

I'm surrounded by talent. Bluewolf has hired the best, brightest, and most passionate people.

Cons

Cell phone reimbursement could be higher.

Advice to Management

Keep on being visionary.

3. Developer

Current Employee - Developer (Bluewolf Beyond) in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Developer (Bluewolf Beyond) in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very good work life balance, people are allowed to work remotely, the management team only care about if you finish the work and no one care about the 'face time' in the office; People are smart and nice; The location is great;

Cons

The compensation is lower than the average of the IT industry. BW does have bonus plan but you can only get it but meeting the quarterly goal.

5. La meilleure opportunité sur Paris pour du conseil sur salesforce

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Paris (France)
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Paris (France)

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Un management au top et une équipe de choc. La possibilité de travailler sur des projets passionnants dans un environnement sain propice à la qualité. A travers l'autonomie et la confiance donnée s'ajout la possibilité de travailler où l'on souhaite, quand l'on souhaite. L'entreprise de demain selon moi.

Cons

Le revers de la médaille d'un métier drivé par la passion : plus d'avantages serait appréciable à mon avis !

Advice to Management

Keep going !

Global Consulting @ Bluewolf

Current Employee - Senior Director
    Current Employee - Senior Director

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bluewolf provides an environment to learn and grow. Our customers expect consultants that drive value day 1. That takes a company dedicated to developing extremely marketable employees. Bluewolf is a relatively flat organization with very little red tape around the execution of company or personal objectives.

Cons

Consulting is a demanding profession. Its no different at Bluewolf. The cons are less about the organization and have more to do with the profession and the huge demands placed on consultants by customers.

Advice to Management

As Bluewolf welcomes global growth continue to engage your employees in how to best build the practice

7. Work hard, play hard; know what both mean--and live the dream.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Bluewolf

Pros

I have worked at Bluewolf for more than 3 years. And before this, I was a client. I came here because of the people here and I stay here because of the people. Bluewolf is growing, by leaps and bounds, which isn't what other SFDC ISVs are doing. I've lived in an expansive corporate culture before this position, and it's still totally refreshing to be here. There are ideas, there's no stagnation, they are profitable and there's room to grow and learn.

Bluewolf. is growing into a medium sized company. Are there growing pains, yes. Is it worth it-a RESOUNDING YES. And worth it if you are willing to put your time in. Do what you can to add to it's growth, with real ROI and not live in a culture of entitlement. And when I say entitlement--do you work, make your util, get your certs, come up with clever ideas for your clients, get a great NPS score from the client and fill in for your boss when he/she is out. Show us how you're growing, how you have ideas based on experience, data, and proven execution. Do all that and you're invaluable. You will grow and be promoted. Promotion should not be an expectation of tenure, IMO.

Over the years, I have worked with some of the most intelligent people at the largest most prestigious companies. The people at Bluewolf are so curious, so intelligent and care. Care about their customers, their colleagues and the quality of their work. And that troika is why I'm excited every Monday morning at 9:00am to start work each week. I curate much of our best work, and every week, I'm astounded at what my colleagues devise for our clients. To make them successful. To make their customers successful. And those staffers get great personal satisfaction from those deliverables, from those customer moments.

Cons

Bluewolf looks for self starters (as do the majority of companies). Look into your own soul to know what you need. If you are a self starter (at any level), you will excel and shine here. There are on boarding programs and training sessions. Which are standard at most companies. If you need to shadow someone for weeks, full time, while they take the lead, look elsewhere. They will guide you and meet with you and coach you, but it's not 24/7 coaching (no company can afford that). I personally like to charter my own destiny. Your mileage may vary. Absorb whatever training is given to you. Go from there . . . and the world is your oyster.

And while this is the "Cons" section. Think through what you personally need to be successful and ask that during interviews. Match that up with what you know you need to be successful. Again, the world is your oyster.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing EBIDTA info to the staff and the WIIFMs for them. The younger staff members need to see how it relates.
    Keep investing internally to support the revenue.
    Keep it real with the staff (at all levels) and talk to them regularly, globally.
    Keep living our moral code, and ensure it's pushed down to the staff.

MY ADVICE TO ANYONE READING THE GLASSDOOR REVIEWS:
    -Who is writing each review? How good are they in their job at BW, and the companies before BW? Do they have a sense of entitlement? Do they have the whole picture? Make your own decisions. I love my job, I work hard, the work is interesting, stimulating and I love my colleagues. It can't get better than that.

8. Great place to work with caveats

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

The work is interesting and you're rarely bored or without anything to do. The people are all great and the culture is laid back and friendly. They maintain a good work-life balance, though that can change depending on your job title. They let you work at home and take days off when you need to and aren't strict about arriving at 9 am sharp.

Cons

The business is rapidly growing and often there's more work than people to do it, so it can be overwhelming at times. Salaries aren't very competitive so people tend to leave after they've gotten enough experience and certifications to start getting scouted by companies that will pay more. The company is very sales focused, so expect to sit through meetings full of sales buzz-words and sales people congratulating each other. Don't expect much recognition if you don't directly contribute to a sales number.

Advice to Management

I know that raises and higher salaries increase the cost of doing business, but so does losing experienced people to competitors and having to constantly train new people.

Fast growing company with some big growing pains and misguided management.

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bluewolf is growing incredibly quickly - due in large part to the success of Salesforce.com which feeds business to the company. Because of this, career opportunities are many. The work can be intellectually stimulating and interesting. There are also many extremely intelligent people at Bluewolf - many of my colleagues are some of the smartest people I've ever met. This can make for a great experience.

Cons

I would definitely say that the experience you have at Bluewolf depends on whether you are in Services or Beyond.

On the Services side turnover is terrible. Bluewolf had a habit of putting really young inexperienced people in charge of large implementations and this can make for a terrible experience.

The work life balance is awful if you give in to it - you're working nights and weekends and can have weekend calls or nightly calls....90-100 hour weeks and 15-16 hour days are not unusual. Working like this is just expected.

Culture in Services can be very cut-throat depending on who you're interacting with. Lots of brown-nosers and the politics can be exhausting honestly.

Management has certain favorites and will promote those people regardless of quality of work.

BW will under-scope projects to get the deal and then blame project teams when they can't deliver, while promoting the people who in charge of those failed projects.

*Caveat: I've found that Beyond employees have a much better experience - they stay at the company longer, develop stronger bonds with their co-workers - many of the Beyond employees are really smart young people in their 20's who really just enjoy going to work. I would say the downsides of Beyond is it takes longer to get promoted because fewer people leave, and the pay can be slightly less than you would make in Services.

Advice to Management

Don't just ignore your turnover problem or chalk it up to industry standards. There's a reason why everyone leaves!!!

Treat employees like human beings. Management should work on a culture that's rewarding good managers. Hire better project managers instead of using 24 year old ABE brown-nosers as PMs.

This will help your bottom line because the more turnover you have the harder it will be to ensure quality and experience on projects.

Great Workplace

I worked at Bluewolf

Pros

Very casual culture and best place to turn for recent grads. The company offers great training, mentorship and guides you step by step.

Cons

Lack of internal structure and best practices. Salaries are lower than the average salaries offered by other consulting firms.

Advice to Management

Implement better and more efficient practices. Offer higher salaries, more benefits and better and more often career opportunities in order to be promoted.

RUN my little paduwan... !

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- BW's intranet allows you to reach out to other employees company wide - provided they accept your request to connect first
    - fairly flexible re: working from home IF need arises
    - young, vibrant, crowd
    - an array of mid- and some high-end clients to work with

Cons

- In my entire career, never have I seen more unprofessionalism towards a client. The "higher-ups" regularly promise things they know they cannot deliver, only so they get the mandate (and yes, a European client has threatened them with a lawsuit in the past); talking behind a client's back is common & especially as a PM and developer, your life WILL become a nightmare because absolutely everything about BW is disorganized

- did i mention it's super disorganized?! Whilst anyone can appreciate the fairly independent work environment BW does provide, it's collegial collaboration consists of most people talking PAST each other, not meeting deadlines and having to frequently having to pull all-nighters in order to make it work. And the management just doesnt learn from this.

- If any word had to describe BW's culture, it'd definitely be clique'ish! Performance reviews seem like ways to "get even" rather than constructively talk about goals and performance, that is, IF the review even happens! It's fairly obvious who's in the inner circle and who is not, if only they weren't so childish...

- An annual company-wide offsite work weekend? Awesome! Yeah, more like propaganda weekend where they re-inforce why they're so awesome and everyone gets hazed into getting drunk literally 24/7. Now, this may be cool for new graduates who love the party lifestyle, it's not so cool for everyone else who is forced into the clubbing lifestyle for the entire stay

- By far, BW has an EXTREMELY high turn-over, it really is rather ridiculous. Since I've had the fortune of leaving a few months ago, a little less than 1/3 of the office (yes, no joke) has also left! A disfunctional and disorganized office environment where everyone seems to get along yet many do not, where most feel unrewarded and as not "belonging" to the inner circle, it really can be a rather negative and frustrating work environment.

- SALARY is below industry-standard, and there're little prospects of it changing for the majority

Advice to Management

You seem like nice people, if only you were better connected with what's going on. Surely you must have taken note of your high-turn over; people will compromise if the pay is low as long as the environment is great - please, do not misrepresent yourself to clients and start overhauling all under-performing managers! Put your employees first, they'