Bluewolf

Updated December 18, 2014
3.7

Bluewolf CEO Eric Berridge
Eric Berridge

Pros
  • The company rewards hard work and initiative while encouraging all to do their best for customers every day (in 8 reviews)

• Work life balance- I have the ability to work from home as needed (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance gets more difficult the higher up in the company you are (in 9 reviews)

• Bluewolf is a rapidly growing company and with that there are some growing pains (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Give & Take

I have been working at Bluewolf

Pros

The freedom of the organization is what makes me stay here. There is a large sense of autonomy in my day to day responsibilities. I manage expectations with my clients and I more or less get what I want. I design my own schedule (with the client), and can work whenever/wherever I please when I'm not on site. You also do have the chance to take on greater responsibility with work outside of what you've been tasked to do and can challenge yourself developmentally within the organization. Your coworkers are also brilliantly intelligent and help you when you need it.

Cons

Too sales driven of an organization. The quality of our delivery consultants is absolutely amazing, however the quality of their work can sometimes suffer due to being stretched too thin from having to deal/sort through crap promises made by sales who know jack squat about managing/delivering a project just to get the dotted line signed. This results in our consultants unable to provide one project the adequate amount of attention it deserves and potentially hurting the brand. It also doesn't help to mention that we're severely under compensated in this current industry.

This is a very hot industry...we get poached nonstop all day everyday from competitors with $$$. You want to stop the bleeding you have to be competitve with retention and the perks that come with it. Imagine that you're a loyal individual and you're going out with your bf or gf that you've been dating for 2-3 years now and it's going...well...okay...and then the hottest individual at this bar just keeps giving you bedroom eyes, smiling at you and tells you to come over. That's my linkedin every single day.

Exciting company with tremendous growth opportunities!

Current Employee - Agile Business Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Agile Business Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Bluewolf has an amazing company culture which makes it easy to look forward to coming into work everyday. It's place where everyone gets along great and your coworkers become close friends. The company is also growing extremely quickly which makes it an exciting place to work, with many growth opportunities.

The Agile Business Executive program is a great stepping stone in the tech consulting world. Bluewolf provides its ABEs with comprehensive training on the company, Salesforce and consulting in general, as well as supporting Salesforce certifications. ABEs are exposed to networking opportunities with senior leadership while fast tracking their career path. As an ABE you are supported during every step of your process in order to ensure your success. Being a part of the ABE program at Bluewolf has been even better than I could have imagined!

Cons

Training did a great job of covering what Bluewolf does, Bluewolf company culture and Salesforce but could include more concrete information around logistics and HR information.

Create a mentorship program within the ABE program where new ABEs are partnered with older ABEs.

Grow faster than you imagined possible.

Current Employee - Talent in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Talent in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hands down the people. I am inspired by the incredible talent we hire and some of my closest friends are Bluewolfers. Our leadership is real and accessible. If you ask for what you want ( this is key- you need to be vocal) your manager will find a way to help you get there. Our executives just funded an internal incubator idea for 2 consultants in NYC, so they just got the green light to start a business inside of a business.

Cons

Create a better way of articulating the value of BW's company values. Increase training for managers.

Create more channels for company wide improvement ideas to get escalated and shared.

Poor pay, poor values, and ZERO integrity as an organization.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bluewolf throws you into the deep end with zero support. "Sink or Swim" is great for learning a lot in a short amount of time, but it's a horrible way to live your life.

Your peers are also very nice, but don't get too attached. Bluewolf bleeds senior talent at an astounding rate.

Cons

Bluewolf executives have very little respect for senior staff. And why should they? "Churn and Burn" seems to make Bluewolf millions because Salesforce is a never-ending pot of gold these days. They don't care if senior staff stay on, they just start passing off junior consultants as senior consultants, client and employee well-being be damned. Hey, anything to keep billing, right?

I was shocked to see all of this first hand, because Bluewolf has a very slick "front end". One look at their web site and you think, "wow, what a great company!". However, behind the scenes, Bluewolf has neither values, nor integrity. Consultants are often asked to lie to customers, either directly or by omission. Also, Bluewolf executives and managers lie to employees about pay, mobility, time off, etc.

Put simply, I have never worked for a more dishonest company.

If you're thinking of working there, or already do, be VERY careful about your time off and bonuses. I have heard several stories of Bluewolf pulling or reducing bonuses at the last minute, leaving employees scrambling to figure out what to do. Their policy of "unlimited vacation" is a way to trick young professionals into thinking that Bluewolf taking a benefit away from them is actually some sort of perk.

All in all, Bluewolf is a horrible company to be part of. Unless you're new, inexperienced, or otherwise don't have any other options, stay far away from this place.

Try to run your business with some integrity. I know you don't have to, since companies are desperate for Salesforce implementation, but c'mon....you have to have some soul, don't you?

Opportunities are there for the taking.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial culture perfect for those looking to take careers to the next level. Teammates have each others back and get the job done right for the customer.

Cons

Pace of the market and demands of enterprise clients means high expectations; which translates into everyone having critical roles and no where to hide.

Consistent communication across all global regions.

Paving the way to Employee Experience

Current Employee - Global Talent Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Global Talent Management in New York, NY

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Bluewolf is a company with a lot of amazingly talented people who enjoy working together .This plats a big part in it's VERY collaborative environment. Bluewolf is a company that you can make a career at, it provides you the stage to showcase your abilities.

Cons

Bluewolf is a growing organization. It's developing from a startup to a well defined notable company. With growth comes change, with change comes management. We are constantly trying to balance and empower people over process.

Being a manger is a responsibility to your employees and to a company. It is career that you need to be engaged in otherwise be a individual contributor..Not everyone should be in management.

Bad management, poor delivery, valued youthfulness and market image more than customers and professionalism.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If I had to say something good about the company it would be that it had some areas/locations that were better run and more professional than others.

Cons

They held back commissions until the salespeople got Salesforce certifications. The sales role was so demanding that there was no time to get the certificates. Many salespeople work for just salary and never get the commissions they're due. Sales management would steal leads from salespeople and the sales culture was one of every man for himself where there was no regard for honesty and integrity. Worst environment I have ever encountered.

Promote professionalism and ethics versus hip culture and cut-throat behavior.

A collaborative organization that really empowers its employees.

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Teamwork, collaboration., and accountability are the expected behaviors, and the vast majority of employees embrace this culture. I am empowered to be entrepreneurial, but at the same time I know that in a demanding situation, a manager or colleague will "have my back." This is a great place to work.

Cons

The company is evolving into a more mature organization, and balancing that transition with our rapid growth can be challenging when you are on the front lines (client facing).

The company is headed in the right direction, so keep making the investments in people and infrastructure that will continue to drive our growth.

Great starting opportunity, severely lacks in employee satisfaction after a year.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I received great training and experience on a number of platforms, and learned a great deal. If you could make a good business case for it, then you can get the training. I loved the people who were my peers, and you learn so much each other and get a great sense for this kind of work. You're constantly challenged, and no day was the same, which was important to me.

Cons

While I understand that with a company growing as fast as Bluewolf there are bound to be growing pains, there were a lot of glaring issues that made my decision for me. I left because they convey the message that they don't care about their employees, and upper management was severely out of touch with the rest of the company. On the surface there is a lot of positivity and incentive to stay, but after two years your salary is far from what industry standard is, and they just stop caring unless you play the game and are disingenuous or work yourself to death. Internal communication is poor, if at all present. Some teams are put on a pedestal, while others are left to their own devices and suffer. In the 2+ years I was there, processes for submitting time sheets, feedback, and expenses changed a ton so there was no cohesive process.

Give your 'older' (2+ years) employees an actual incentive to stay. Improve communication amongst teams and look at the whole picture.

The only place where "a kick in the teeth" is the preferred option

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You can get paid a decent amount by doing very little. That's it.

Cons

I can only speak to the ABE Program for brand new hires, but I hope my review can help deter some new grads from wasting their time and energy on quite possibly the worst “development” program to have ever existed.

Rotation 1: You will make cold calls with almost zero direction. You will not understand Bluewolf’s products or value proposition and, surprise!, you’ll learn no one else at Bluewolf does either. You will be measured on loosely defined, ever-changing metrics while your manager is interrogated about your “soft skills” by the leaders of the next rotation. It is guaranteed that your colleague with the most amount of skepticism will be fired by the end of Rotation 1, by the leaders of the program whom they have rarely or never met, based solely on “soft skills” alone.

Rotation 2: You are shipped off to Long Island where you will learn and practice Salesforce configuration and project management “soft skills”. Expect a poorly constructed curriculum, changing deadlines, and punishment resembling either psychoanalysis or timeout. Any questions will be considered a threat to management. The last time this rotation was held, literally 50% of the program was fired. Trust no one and realize that everyone is either related by blood and/or a snitch and anything you say will get back to your program managers.

Rotation 3: What Rotation 3? You are staffed on projects, usually across the country, a few days before your flight. You serve as a non-billable resource, given as a “courtesy” to the client. You’ll spend an unacceptable amount of hours completing tasks a toddler could accomplish and you’ll soon learn that your only purpose is to give the client free hours of work since so many of Bluewolf’s projects go “red” and Bluewolf runs out of budget (and client trust) almost as soon as they begin. (I suppose this is the part where I tell anyone considering hiring Bluewolf to run away as fast as they can. Your sensitive data will be mishandled and your budget will be gone before any progress has been made.) This rotation ends once the company has found enough poor souls to fill your shoes and/or scrapes up the cash to give you the raise you were already promised months ago.

If you just couldn’t secure another job or are planning on quitting as soon as something better comes along, go for it. If you are looking for a place where you can learn and grow, run away.

Take anyone of value to you and start your own company. This is a lost cause