Bluewolf Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Great place to work with caveats

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time

Pros

The work is interesting and you're rarely bored or without anything to do. The people are all great and the culture is laid back and friendly. They maintain a good work-life balance, though that can change depending on your job title. They let you work at home and take days off when you need to and aren't strict about arriving at 9 am sharp.

Cons

The business is rapidly growing and often there's more work than people to do it, so it can be overwhelming at times. Salaries aren't very competitive so people tend to leave after they've gotten enough experience and certifications to start getting scouted by companies that will pay more. The company is very sales focused, so expect to sit through meetings full of sales buzz-words and sales people congratulating each other. Don't expect much recognition if you don't directly contribute to a sales number.

Advice to Management

I know that raises and higher salaries increase the cost of doing business, but so does losing experienced people to competitors and having to constantly train new people.

Great Workplace

I worked at Bluewolf

Pros

Very casual culture and best place to turn for recent grads. The company offers great training, mentorship and guides you step by step.

Cons

Lack of internal structure and best practices. Salaries are lower than the average salaries offered by other consulting firms.

Advice to Management

Implement better and more efficient practices. Offer higher salaries, more benefits and better and more often career opportunities in order to be promoted.

Fast growing company with some big growing pains and misguided management.

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Bluewolf is growing incredibly quickly - due in large part to the success of Salesforce.com which feeds business to the company. Because of this, career opportunities are many. The work can be intellectually stimulating and interesting. There are also many extremely intelligent people at Bluewolf - many of my colleagues are some of the smartest people I've ever met. This can make for a great experience.

Cons

I would definitely say that the experience you have at Bluewolf depends on whether you are in Services or Beyond.

On the Services side turnover is terrible. Bluewolf had a habit of putting really young inexperienced people in charge of large implementations and this can make for a terrible experience.

The work life balance is awful if you give in to it - you're working nights and weekends and can have weekend calls or nightly calls....90-100 hour weeks and 15-16 hour days are not unusual. Working like this is just expected.

Culture in Services can be very cut-throat depending on who you're interacting with. Lots of brown-nosers and the politics can be exhausting honestly.

Management has certain favorites and will promote those people regardless of quality of work.

BW will under-scope projects to get the deal and then blame project teams when they can't deliver, while promoting the people who in charge of those failed projects.

*Caveat: I've found that Beyond employees have a much better experience - they stay at the company longer, develop stronger bonds with their co-workers - many of the Beyond employees are really smart young people in their 20's who really just enjoy going to work. I would say the downsides of Beyond is it takes longer to get promoted because fewer people leave, and the pay can be slightly less than you would make in Services.

Advice to Management

Don't just ignore your turnover problem or chalk it up to industry standards. There's a reason why everyone leaves!!!

Treat employees like human beings. Management should work on a culture that's rewarding good managers. Hire better project managers instead of using 24 year old ABE brown-nosers as PMs.

This will help your bottom line because the more turnover you have the harder it will be to ensure quality and experience on projects.

Incredible Company | Amazing Employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with Bluewolf has been a fantastic learning experience and extremely memorable. The company's culture is extraordinary and provides employees with a supportive work environment. Bluewolf has some of the most creative, versatile and intelligent staff, which translates directly to it's success. This company has no problem investing in its employees and rewards hard-workers appropriately. During my time at Bluewolf it was very encouraging to know that management will always go above and beyond for their team members, which is extremely admirable and I am confident that this will never change.

Cons

There aren't many cons to this company as it is rapidly growing so therefore internal processes are rapidly evolving. Bluewolf is bursting at the seams with intelligent prolemsolvers, and with this being said, any internal roadblocks are immediately resolved and not ignored.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive of your employees career goals!

Great opportunity to springboard a career, but a miserable road getting there.

I worked at Bluewolf

Pros

I truly felt like I was surrounded by an intelligent, sharp group, and I like that very much. I also liked the ability to work from home whenever necessary. As long as you get your work done, it doesn't matter where you work from. The opportunity to work with large recognizable brands is also very valuable in terms of building a resume, and the actual work allowed me to use my brain, which I enjoy.

Cons

I imagine it largely depends on which team you're on and which office you're located at, but my experience was terrible. I felt extremely unwelcome, found the higher ups in the office to be condescending and unwelcoming, and couldn't wait to get out. There's no training, and then they put you down for what you don't know, and make you feel like an idiot for asking questions. It's like whomever you talk to just doesn't have time for you--and they don't, given that the workload and pressure are extreme. It's like saying hello in the morning was a burden, and it could just be that I didn't fit in with that group, but I found it to be quite socially awkward there. Not necessarily everyone, but most people. It's like they had no personality at all; very bland. That's just my opinion, but that's how I felt. It was always just a little odd; like I couldn't connect with anyone, and like I was a fish out of water. Everything is extremely disorganized, starting with the on-boarding/hiring process. My interviews were canceled/rescheduled, then meetings with managers were constantly canceled/reschedule and after a while it seems very unprofessional, and you just start to get the feeling that you're pretty unimportant.

Advice to Management

Take a closer look at how the common worker feels, not just those in the old boy's club. Don't just create a culture that constantly touts how spectacular it is, in fact the constant touting of it is almost counterproductive. Rather, place more importance on people who are actually genuine and nice.

RUN my little paduwan... !

I worked at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- BW's intranet allows you to reach out to other employees company wide - provided they accept your request to connect first
    - fairly flexible re: working from home IF need arises
    - young, vibrant, crowd
    - an array of mid- and some high-end clients to work with

Cons

- In my entire career, never have I seen more unprofessionalism towards a client. The "higher-ups" regularly promise things they know they cannot deliver, only so they get the mandate (and yes, a European client has threatened them with a lawsuit in the past); talking behind a client's back is common & especially as a PM and developer, your life WILL become a nightmare because absolutely everything about BW is disorganized

- did i mention it's super disorganized?! Whilst anyone can appreciate the fairly independent work environment BW does provide, it's collegial collaboration consists of most people talking PAST each other, not meeting deadlines and having to frequently having to pull all-nighters in order to make it work. And the management just doesnt learn from this.

- If any word had to describe BW's culture, it'd definitely be clique'ish! Performance reviews seem like ways to "get even" rather than constructively talk about goals and performance, that is, IF the review even happens! It's fairly obvious who's in the inner circle and who is not, if only they weren't so childish...

- An annual company-wide offsite work weekend? Awesome! Yeah, more like propaganda weekend where they re-inforce why they're so awesome and everyone gets hazed into getting drunk literally 24/7. Now, this may be cool for new graduates who love the party lifestyle, it's not so cool for everyone else who is forced into the clubbing lifestyle for the entire stay

- By far, BW has an EXTREMELY high turn-over, it really is rather ridiculous. Since I've had the fortune of leaving a few months ago, a little less than 1/3 of the office (yes, no joke) has also left! A disfunctional and disorganized office environment where everyone seems to get along yet many do not, where most feel unrewarded and as not "belonging" to the inner circle, it really can be a rather negative and frustrating work environment.

- SALARY is below industry-standard, and there're little prospects of it changing for the majority

Advice to Management

You seem like nice people, if only you were better connected with what's going on. Surely you must have taken note of your high-turn over; people will compromise if the pay is low as long as the environment is great - please, do not misrepresent yourself to clients and start overhauling all under-performing managers! Put your employees first, they'

Mixed Bag

I have been working at Bluewolf

Pros

The core of Bluewolf is the people. Bluewolf finds really smart people who are great to work with. The company culture is very collaborative and open, which for the most part fosters an enjoyable working environment. Schedules are largely flexible and there's never a feeling of being micro managed. By and large, Bluewolf is a pretty flat organization, which i would consider a positive. They are making more efforts towards engaging employees, but I think there's still a ways to go. Additionally, innovation is encouraged and there is a feeling that new ideas are welcome. Bluewolf does make an effort to maintain its culture through growth and you can definitely feel the efforts. The culture is strong and the people are truly great.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive at all for the market. As a result, there is quite a bit of turnover and many people feel like they are promised things that are never delivered on. Transparency is often lacking and it often feels like management is more interested in band-aid fixes than long term solutions to fix broken internal processes. As with a lot of consulting firms, Bluewolf doesn't seem to want to invest in internal resources and processes. The executive team has good intentions, but feel out of touch with what's going on in the field. When pushing out organizational change, it's done very quickly and sometimes without working out the effects fully.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employee development for all employees and all career paths. Be more responsible about change management and consider the downstream effects more carefully. Efforts towards engagement are positive, but there are still gaps and retaining talent should be a priority. Salaries need to be more competitive especially to people who have been around for a while and are well under market value.

Best to avoid working here

I worked at Bluewolf

Pros

- Great colleagues to work with on projects, that have a ton of knowledge of Salesforce and passion for the work.
    - Big projects for quality companies.

Cons

- Very little effort from management in providing quality support to employees. I went for 6 week stretches where my manager would cancel our weekly one on one scheduled, even though I had things I wanted to discuss.
    - No feedback given by management, project or otherwise.
    - Very disrespectful of your time, would consistently ask you to do multiple things at once or at odd hours, prioritizing.
    - Poor communication was consistent, and inability to prioritize tasks and issues in a project was common.
    - Project management techniques and approach were completely inconsistent. It was a mystery from project to project, and sometimes week to week the approach the project management would take, and how things would be tracked. It made knowing what was expected a nightmare most of the time.

Ultimately I left after I was taken off a project, the week before bonuses were dispersed. Not hard to see why they did what they did, and that sort of culture runs amuck here it seems. It will always be about the bottom line to them, and they will have no problem sacrificing you, your well being or your career for that bottom line. This wasn't the first time I saw them make a decision like this, so if you do choose to work here, watch your back.

Advice to Management

It's pretty simple really, treat your people better. Don't treat them like numbers or like assets, treat them like actual human beings once and a while. Support them on projects in a consistent and expected way, so that it's not always a mystery how the next project manager will handle the project.

Fulfilling Work Experience

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Leadership is engaged; consultants are smart and hard-working. People truly support one another.

Cons

Office Hubs are helpful but it is difficult to maintain culture and team environment with remote employees

Advice to Management

Focus on professional development

11. Great Opportunity

I have been working at Bluewolf full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Collaboration is a core tenet of Bluewolf culture. Bluewolf is a great place to learn, grow, and collaborate with insanely smart colleagues.

Cons

Bluewolf is growing fast, so there are growing pains.

RSS Feed </> Embed