Board of European Students of Technology

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Mathieu Vandenberghe

BEST student association ever!

ProsYou have so many occasions of learn, develop yourself and travel with really few expenses! You can meet lot of people from all around Europe and have the chance to make new friends who will last for all life!

ConsYou can get addicted to events so take care :P Leaving events and going back to normal life it's really a pity :)

Its a voluntary organization

Student (Current Employee) Lisbon (Portugal)

ProsIts a voluntary organization for students to develop socializing and project management skills.

Consits unprofessional and managed by students. Most of whom have never felt competitive pressure to deliver or be replaced.

Fantastic and great experience.

Vice President (Former Employee) Delft (Netherlands)

ProsLearning path really fast and great networking opportunity

ConsSometimes it looks really young group and need time and effort to be structured as it supposed to be.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Voluntary Student NGO

Vice-President for Internal Support (Current Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

Prosagility, youth, fast learning, work combined with enjoyment

Consbig turnover, difficult motivation management of members

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

It was a great pleasure to work at Board of European Students of Technology

LBG President, Regional Adviser, PM Main Organizer (Former Employee) Lviv (Ukraine)

ProsBoard of European Students of Technology is very dynamic, multicultural and friendly organization, which help it's members to improve leadership, communication and teamwork skills.

ConsI would rather notice communication problems between the international and local levels of the organization, but it seems that they are most likely resulted by the organization's structure and huge people rotation and probably are hard or impossible to solve.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

All students should either join BEST or participate at least once in course.

ProsIt is amazing opportunity for students to be part of this organization. You have a great chance to meet people from all over the Europe, you will improve your language skills, soft skills and usually you pick some new skills.

ConsIt is student organization and it is obvious that students live like students. So usually they party a lot and it depends on your personality whether you like it now, but for some it can be too much.

Advice to Senior ManagementSometimes put more focus on what are your goals.

Exiting international team

Fundrising (Current Employee) Moscow (Russia)

ProsExiting all-Europe organisation, so you can aquire friends from many countries. Opportunity to travel a lot. Democratic style of taking desisions in organisation, even newcomers can express their opinion. Great oportunities for students to work on really big and important projects as Engineering competitions, BEST courses. Also students can take part in one of international comitees and aquire experience of cross-European collaboration.

ConsPeople always stay people. And students often doesn't have experience of effective communication, so although having regulations of meetings, there is disorder in it in our LBG. We oftent are not attentive listeners. Of course democracy is good, but it can turn into disadvantage when people want to express themselves without listening.
    This automne we have a lot of observers so it was difficult to be distinguished and accepted to organisation.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo on, and stay open it is your great advantage

It was and still is an unforgettable experience that everyone should experience

Member (Current Employee) Delft (Netherlands)

ProsLots of fun
    Great networking opportunities
    Good way to get to know Europe
    Great variety of people

ConsA pretty full email inbox if you dont know how to filter :)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you are doing

BEST made my university years worthwhile!

ProsBroaden your cultural horizons, meet people from around the world and practice engineering at the same time.

ConsIt is a non-profit organisation, so no income is expected!

Brief

ProsA lot of energy.
    You meet people with different experience from all over the world.
    Perfect for someone interested in planning or HR.

ConsNot so great if you are interested in Engineering or Computer Science. They mostly focus on organizing events for students to develop soft skills.
    They advertise summer courses, but those are not extremely useful learning opportunities, but mostly a summer vacation, which is perfectly fine if this is what you want.

Worked for Board of European Students of Technology? Contribute to the Community!