Board of European Students of Technology

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014
4.4

Mathieu Vandenberghe

BEST student association ever!

I have been working at Board of European Students of Technology part-time

Pros

You have so many occasions of learn, develop yourself and travel with really few expenses! You can meet lot of people from all around Europe and have the chance to make new friends who will last for all life!

Cons

You can get addicted to events so take care :P Leaving events and going back to normal life it's really a pity :)

I'd highly recommend getting involved in the organisation or at least participate in its events

I have been working at Board of European Students of Technology

Pros

Great opportunity to develop yourself by leading projects, work in team, experience, travel, meet people.

Cons

While being a student organisation, and besides all its great benefits, involving yourself too much can have a negative impact on your studies/work and personal life outside of the organisation.

Its a voluntary organization

Current Employee - Student  in  Lisbon (Portugal)
    Current Employee - Student in Lisbon (Portugal)

I have been working at Board of European Students of Technology part-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a voluntary organization for students to develop socializing and project management skills.

Cons

its unprofessional and managed by students. Most of whom have never felt competitive pressure to deliver or be replaced.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic and great experience.

Former Employee - Vice President  in  Delft (Netherlands)
    Former Employee - Vice President in Delft (Netherlands)

I worked at Board of European Students of Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Learning path really fast and great networking opportunity

Cons

Sometimes it looks really young group and need time and effort to be structured as it supposed to be.

Voluntary Student NGO

Current Employee - Vice-President for Internal Support  in  Brussels (Belgium)
    Current Employee - Vice-President for Internal Support in Brussels (Belgium)

I have been working at Board of European Students of Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

agility, youth, fast learning, work combined with enjoyment

Cons

big turnover, difficult motivation management of members

N/A

It was a great pleasure to work at Board of European Students of Technology

Former Employee - LBG President, Regional Adviser, PM Main Organizer  in  Lviv (Ukraine)
    Former Employee - LBG President, Regional Adviser, PM Main Organizer in Lviv (Ukraine)

I worked at Board of European Students of Technology part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Board of European Students of Technology is very dynamic, multicultural and friendly organization, which help it's members to improve leadership, communication and teamwork skills.

Cons

I would rather notice communication problems between the international and local levels of the organization, but it seems that they are most likely resulted by the organization's structure and huge people rotation and probably are hard or impossible to solve.

Keep up the good work!

All students should either join BEST or participate at least once in course.

I have been working at Board of European Students of Technology

Pros

It is amazing opportunity for students to be part of this organization. You have a great chance to meet people from all over the Europe, you will improve your language skills, soft skills and usually you pick some new skills.

Cons

It is student organization and it is obvious that students live like students. So usually they party a lot and it depends on your personality whether you like it now, but for some it can be too much.

Sometimes put more focus on what are your goals.

Exiting international team

Current Employee - Fundrising  in  Moscow (Russia)
    Current Employee - Fundrising in Moscow (Russia)

I have been working at Board of European Students of Technology part-time for less than a year

Pros

Exiting all-Europe organisation, so you can aquire friends from many countries. Opportunity to travel a lot. Democratic style of taking desisions in organisation, even newcomers can express their opinion. Great oportunities for students to work on really big and important projects as Engineering competitions, BEST courses. Also students can take part in one of international comitees and aquire experience of cross-European collaboration.

Cons

People always stay people. And students often doesn't have experience of effective communication, so although having regulations of meetings, there is disorder in it in our LBG. We oftent are not attentive listeners. Of course democracy is good, but it can turn into disadvantage when people want to express themselves without listening.
    This automne we have a lot of observers so it was difficult to be distinguished and accepted to organisation.

Go on, and stay open it is your great advantage

It was and still is an unforgettable experience that everyone should experience

Current Employee - Member  in  Delft (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Member in Delft (Netherlands)

I have been working at Board of European Students of Technology part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of fun
    Great networking opportunities
    Good way to get to know Europe
    Great variety of people

Cons

A pretty full email inbox if you dont know how to filter :)

Keep on doing what you are doing

BEST made my university years worthwhile!

I have been working at Board of European Students of Technology

Pros

Broaden your cultural horizons, meet people from around the world and practice engineering at the same time.

Cons

It is a non-profit organisation, so no income is expected!

Worked for Board of European Students of Technology? Contribute to the Community!