Boardwalk Pipeline

Boardwalk Pipeline Reviews

Updated Feb 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Boardwalk Pipeline Chief Executive Officer, President and Director Stanley Horton

Stanley Horton

Great Company

Field Specialist (Former Employee)
Clarksdale, MS

I worked at Boardwalk Pipeline as an intern for less than a year

ProsAdvancement, and continuing education opportunities were always made available to me. The management in place was very supportive of my time away.

ConsMovement of Management was at times hard to get used to, but you will have to deal with that with most any company you are employed with.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe good to your technicians

Pipeline Construction Manager-140130

Pipeline Estimator (Former Employee)

I worked at Boardwalk Pipeline for less than a year

ProsGood Management, environment, and tools.

ConsLong drive, down town Houston, Texas

Analyst

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline full-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible Hours and Good Family and Work Balance.

ConsMonotonous work culture, Crowded with bureaucratic and old school folks.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look into the execution / delivery team..

I have had a great experience working at Boardwalk Pipeline Partners.

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline

ProsBoardwalk Pipeline has a great working environment and the culture is fitting for my needs. The Management Team endorses a work life balance and they have a "flex day" program in place.

ConsWith the exception of being a new and fairly small company, there are not many cons. As with most small companies, the medical insurance is a little pricey and the non exempt staff are not eligible for an annual bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore team building and employee recognition programs are needed to build employee moral. Moving to a 9/80 schedule would also boost moral, cut back and PTO leaves, and offter your employees flexibilty as for as "work life balance".

Experience varies wildly depending on management flavor of the day

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline

ProsBeautiful Houston offices with new technology, exciting work, pleasant co-workers, bright future for the company; opportunity to make real change; increasing leadership focus on defining and communicating direction; new "Flexible Friday" work-life balance option; technical ability to telecommute.

ConsAcquisitions and leadership changes have resulted in inconsistent management approach. Greenway location is not very convenient for mass transit; no option for 9-80 work-life balance option.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop a consistent and complementary leadership philosophy; corporate directions and message should not be different and incompatible across the organization as this causes confusion. Leadership has done more in the past year to express vision (very positive change - keep going).

A great place if salary is not your number one motivation.

IT (Current Employee)

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline

ProsI am given quite a bit of autonomy to bring in new technologies and design ideas for our network. The people I work with are some of the best in the business, good friends and good professionals. Boardwalk is a fun and interesting place to work. We celebrate success with end of project parties and holiday get-togethers. Senior management has been increasingly supportive of IT as we continue to deliver dependable and innovative solutions to the business.

ConsCompensation is not up to par. I had not seen a pay increase in almost 3 years. There is the occasional spot bonus but those are few and far between and not much to write home about, especially after taxes.

Advice to Senior ManagementIT keeps your business alive. Make sure you take care of those who keep the lights on for you. We're making more money than we ever have in the energy sector. Time for those monster profits to trickle down to the little people.

A great experience.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Boardwalk Pipeline

ProsA great place to work, dedicated to safety and to it's employees. Good benefits and lots of chances to make overtime pay.

ConsThe only negative is that sometimes work can be slow, but when things are slow it means you are doing your job correctly.

Good enough intentions but not enough leadership to make those things happen smoothly.

Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Boardwalk Pipeline

ProsThere is room for advancement.
Managers are excellent to work for and are understanding and respectful.

ConsAdvancement opps come from the gap in the work force age and often come with little or no training of the new job.
Trouble hiring and keeping new field personel.
Pay policy for field personel that openly states the wage cap for a position is the average wage of similar companies survied.
No performance or safety bonuses.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more transparent and communicate better. A bit of focus on employee moral will go a long.
Get past the practice of low wages. You cant hire good candidates, you cant keep good candidates, and lately appears your solution is to avoid hiring qualified people because you know they wont stay.

Worked for Boardwalk Pipeline? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boardwalk Pipeline reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boardwalk Pipeline CEO Stanley Horton. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Boardwalk Pipeline employees.