Bob Evans Reviews

Reset
1.0
Bob Evans Chairman and CEO Steve Davis
Steve Davis

Pros
  • The few employee who actually do their job are great people (in 14 reviews)

• Training program is pretty good (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • They make you work really long hours and make poor scheduling choices (in 16 reviews)

• Depends on upper management and store employees: could be a horrible experience or could be a great one (in 15 reviews)

1. Bob evans not a good company

Current Employee - Server in Waldorf, MD
    Current Employee - Server in Waldorf, MD

Pros

Bob evans wasn't the worst job that i ever had but...... Management was lacking. Training was a joke. Money made was not very good for an average adult.

Cons

Management was unprofessional. The hours were inconsistant. Never felt like any opportunity to advance in company. Pay was not worth it.

2. Awful First Job Experience

Former Employee - Hostess in McMurray, PA
    Former Employee - Hostess in McMurray, PA

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not really anything great about this company I can make note of. The food isn't that bad but that's about it.

Cons

Pretty much anything. This was my first job when I turned 16. I applied as a Hostess assuming I would be trained to do a hostess position considering that is what I would be most comfortable with, and I ended being trained now only hostess but cars register, server, and dishwasher all in one shift. They are also extremely awful at giving minors the legal amount of breaks they need. I got called in at 7AM and worked until 5PM. I went into my managers office and told her I needed to go home. She then proceeded to get an attitude and explain she needed me to work until 9PM (closing). I was so caught off guard I just stood there kind of looking at her. She "kicked me out of her office" and told me to go home. Pay is also awful. Customers almost never tip. Training only lasts one day. After that they expect you to be on your own. Find a different job. This place isn't worth it!

Advice to Management

Take a look at child labor laws and listen to them. Also raise the pay its a complete joke. And try hiring some nicer employees including managers.

3. awful company to work for

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time

Pros

The food is almost always good and the restaurant is located in a well placed area. The guests are mostly regulars so you get to know them better than in a fast paced environment.

Cons

Ever since Bob past away the company has fallen apart. We are no longer a family oriented company. It's all about the money and screw the employees. The corporate office is making is to where in store mgmt can't run the store correctly. It's all about labor. Were always short staffed so the guest suffer.

Advice to Management

Get back to making the guest happy. Make sure you have enough people to run the store. Keep your quality employees happy. If someone is good at the job let them know you appreciate them. It's hard to stay loyal if you feel like what your doing is never enough.

5. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Bob Evans (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Guests are always amazing

Cons

The management teams are never on the same page

Advice to Management

Poor management...I watched my store get run down after working their for 8 years

Kitchen Prep / Dishwasher

Former Employee - Kitchen Prep in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Kitchen Prep in Saint Charles, MO

Pros

Great food was served. A perception that's its a family friendly environment, but that was not the case. Due to the ways of this "world"....

Cons

In my opinion, they are not loyal to their employees.

Advice to Management

Work to be loyal not only to your customers, but also to your employees.

7. Not a good company any more

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice staff and regular customers get to know customers. No real late nights and no alcohol to deal with.

Cons

Many con's. Corporate has not ever worked in a restaurant or if they did it was so many years ago that they are out of touch with how it is now. Keep putting more work on staff and make restaurants run short handed. But then that is according to corporate the managers falt not them demanding a restaurant to run short handed and if you run over their ideal hours they threaten to fire you. I guess you could say it is a good place to work if you like to be threaten on a daily basis. If it is not labor then it is food cost. They make more labor demanding menu changes but they want less workers to do it and then you can forget about getting the cleaning done. Just barely can get surface cleaning done. Then threaten to fire you if you don't pass all the inspections.

Advice to Management

Get out of the office and work in the real world. Go to a restaurant and work there for a month. You try to do the impossible and get threaten daily because you can not reach the unrealistically numbers you make a restaurant do. You might a a degree from college but you don't have a degree in working at the restaurant level. You should try it.

8. Great place

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time

Pros

it's a great place to work

Cons

nothing it's great place to work

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

9. Not sure about this place

Pros

Great benefits and good employees

Cons

Nitpicking management and low pay

10. horrible workplace

I worked at Bob Evans full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a paycheck.... I don't have anything nice to say

Cons

Horrible hours, management turn over is very high, extremely stressful. ...not worth the pay. Constantly short staff, work in category every shift for hours. Food quality sucks, constantly training new staff. Every day staff quits do to shortageg of employees, stress or low pay.

Advice to Management

Pay more, listen to your managers concerns and address them in a professional manner. No one enjoys coming to work, it's not family friendly and it seems that area coaches are not realistic in expectations. They have been out of restaurants so long that they have no idea how to run a shift.

11. Run!

Former Employee - Server in White Sulphur Springs, WV
    Former Employee - Server in White Sulphur Springs, WV

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Since Mr. Bob Evans passed away his vision has been totally lost. The first few years I worked for this company I loved every minute of it.

Cons

Everything. Terrible management, complete chaos, never had food, dirty facilities in the end, uncaring employees

Advice to Management

Try caring about the store more, we are all there for one reason....the GUEST

RSS Feed </> Embed