Bob Evans Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

1. Sever

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have great guests that come in to eat and I have a nice flexible schedule. Co workers are great!

Cons

We have to work on holidays and the weekends! Those are the only cons, very nice place to work.

2. awful company to work for

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time

Pros

The food is almost always good and the restaurant is located in a well placed area. The guests are mostly regulars so you get to know them better than in a fast paced environment.

Cons

Ever since Bob past away the company has fallen apart. We are no longer a family oriented company. It's all about the money and screw the employees. The corporate office is making is to where in store mgmt can't run the store correctly. It's all about labor. Were always short staffed so the guest suffer.

Advice to Management

Get back to making the guest happy. Make sure you have enough people to run the store. Keep your quality employees happy. If someone is good at the job let them know you appreciate them. It's hard to stay loyal if you feel like what your doing is never enough.

3. Bob Evans

Former Employee - Server in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Server in Detroit, MI

I worked at Bob Evans part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The staff and management are the pros of working at Bob Evans.

Cons

The downside of working there would have to be the sometime snappy customers.

5. Not a good company any more

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Nice staff and regular customers get to know customers. No real late nights and no alcohol to deal with.

Cons

Many con's. Corporate has not ever worked in a restaurant or if they did it was so many years ago that they are out of touch with how it is now. Keep putting more work on staff and make restaurants run short handed. But then that is according to corporate the managers falt not them demanding a restaurant to run short handed and if you run over their ideal hours they threaten to fire you. I guess you could say it is a good place to work if you like to be threaten on a daily basis. If it is not labor then it is food cost. They make more labor demanding menu changes but they want less workers to do it and then you can forget about getting the cleaning done. Just barely can get surface cleaning done. Then threaten to fire you if you don't pass all the inspections.

Advice to Management

Get out of the office and work in the real world. Go to a restaurant and work there for a month. You try to do the impossible and get threaten daily because you can not reach the unrealistically numbers you make a restaurant do. You might a a degree from college but you don't have a degree in working at the restaurant level. You should try it.

6. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Bob Evans (More than 8 years)

Pros

The Guests are always amazing

Cons

The management teams are never on the same page

Advice to Management

Poor management...I watched my store get run down after working their for 8 years

Kitchen Prep / Dishwasher

Former Employee - Kitchen Prep in Saint Charles, MO
    Former Employee - Kitchen Prep in Saint Charles, MO

Pros

Great food was served. A perception that's its a family friendly environment, but that was not the case. Due to the ways of this "world"....

Cons

In my opinion, they are not loyal to their employees.

Advice to Management

Work to be loyal not only to your customers, but also to your employees.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager/Local Marketing Manager in Morgantown, WV
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager/Local Marketing Manager in Morgantown, WV

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Two consecutive off days, free meals while working, full benefits, amazing training program.

Cons

As the low many on the management totem pole (in my area), you get stuck with straight closing shifts. I accepted the position in this company because of the varied shifts and work life balance. Three months into my employment, the VP of our region decided to place the lowest of Assistant Managers (each store typically has 2) on straight closing shifts. For some this was a pro, for most this was a con. You are severely micromanaged. You are threatened with write-ups at every turn. For the sake of saving labor dollars, you, as the closing manager are expected to run on bare minimum.

Advice to Management

Give your managers room to breathe and do their jobs. I would also like to note below that Steve Davis is no longer the CEO as of 7/21/215 when this review is written, but whilst he was CEO I approved.

9. Endless Rollercoaster

I have been working at Bob Evans part-time

Pros

Former management was excellent and very fair, decent food, decent discounts for employees, opportunity to cross train.

Cons

Change in management, cut in hours, pay, lack of staff, unorganized, inconsistent when it comes to employee satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Care more about the personal lives of your employees and stop trying to work their employees into the ground for lousy pay.

10. Director

I worked at Bob Evans full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Too much vacation time given

Advice to Management

Don't give such high raises

11. good place to work

I worked at Bob Evans (Less than a year)

Pros

Works well with personal schedule

Cons

Management was not well to employees

Advice to Management

Better management training

RSS Feed </> Embed