Bob Evans Reviews

Updated September 13, 2014
2.6

Bob Evans Chairman and CEO Steve Davis
Steve Davis

Pros
  • They have a great training program (in 12 reviews)

• You work with a lot of great people who really care about the place and its foundation (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours, work every weekend, poor benefits (in 16 reviews)

• Depends on upper management and store employees: could be a horrible experience or could be a great one (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Horrible management and schedules

Current Employee - Grill Cook  in  Deltona, FL
    Current Employee - Grill Cook in Deltona, FL

I have been working at Bob Evans part-time for more than a year

Pros

Basically make your own hours because they make such horrible schedules you can come in early and leave late or come in late and leave at your out time.

Cons

Terrible pay, no raises after your first, change schedules constantly with out letting anyone know, work you to the bone for hardly anything.

get new managers

Management is horrible

Former Employee - Grill Cook  in  Richmond, KY
    Former Employee - Grill Cook in Richmond, KY

I worked at Bob Evans full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible ,you can always count on the inconsistencies of management.

Cons

They are a greedy company that only cares about profit

Give your good employees better hours and take care of the people that take care of you. Staff better and stop worrying about labor.Happy employees means better food and happier customers and less problems

Good starting or part time job

Current Employee - Grill Cook
    Current Employee - Grill Cook

I have been working at Bob Evans full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling is a plus. You get a weekly paycheck. You get to meet a lot of interesting people with different backgrounds.

Cons

Almost no benefits or any room for advancement. Management is too demanding on some employees than they are on others. Pay is low.

Invest in your employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a great place to work

Current Employee - Server  in  Independence, OH
    Current Employee - Server in Independence, OH

I have been working at Bob Evans part-time for more than a year

Pros

the staff is nice and the money that you make is great
    its easy to talk to the people that come in and you never really have to look to far for a great story especially among regulars

Cons

a little disfunctionallity but its nothing that cant be handled with a couple of words with a manager. but overall very good.
    but note that all credit tips are not paid out that day they are paid out with your paycheck

Make more of an effort to connect with the employees

great training but no great company

I have been working at Bob Evans

Pros

management training is excellent and thorough

Cons

overworked, confusing/changing directives. the unproffessional culture was not to my liking

great experience for further employment

Good for part time job

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Upper Sandusky, OH
    Former Employee - Waitress in Upper Sandusky, OH

I worked at Bob Evans part-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice clean place to work, very busy, decent tips

Cons

busy , high turn over in help and management is not very structured. On you feet all day, low pay if not a good night for tips. Cant live on wages if you don't have another job, no benefits

pay help minimum wage plus tips

It's alright

Former Employee - Host/Server  in  Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Host/Server in Akron, OH

I worked at Bob Evans part-time for less than a year

Pros

The starting pay is fine and the job isnt too difficult, it just depends on how busy the restaurant is and if the servers work with you.

Cons

The managers are very unhelpful until you learn how they tick and then you can manipulate them to get their interests to match yours. I know if sounds bad but they have been there longer and are very set in you bending to them. The train for the menu is poor so a lot of times you dont know the items for awhile. The hours are't really there in the summer but if you can work during the day in the school year you get some more.

Don't be so hectic, calm down and take a step back

Worst job experience ever

Former Employee - Waitress  in  Aberdeen, MD
    Former Employee - Waitress in Aberdeen, MD

I worked at Bob Evans part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible with schedule, some of the other employees were awesome to work with, met a couple employees who ended up being some of my closest friends, only a few other employees there were helpful and very nice.

Cons

The management was horrible, rules didn't apply to everyone, the GM made sure to put you through hell if she didn't like you. Had an issue with sexual harassment from another co-worker, as well as him threatening to shoot me once I told the managers. when I brought the issue to the management, nothing was done about it, even when other co-workers confirmed that there was an issue of sexual harassment and violent threats. Situation ended in the manager having another co-worker of mine calling me to let me know I was fired. Never got the call from management, the employee who harassed me threatened the managers saying he would file a complaint against them accusing them of picking on him due to racism. Nothing was ever done to him, he got to keep his job and no repercussions followed. They conveniently fired me (through another coworker) the day before I was coming in to have a meeting with them to file the sexual harassment complaint officially. Some people would come in 20 minutes late and just leave whenever they wanted and the GM would do nothing about it. If the GM didn't like you she would yell at you for things that weren't your fault or that someone else caused. HORRIBLE experience working there, wasn't worth having a job there with all the drama that was constantly going on and the managers even tried to make me clock out and THEN finish closing up.

Management needs to be fair with applying the rules to EVERYONE, not just those that they don't like. Also, stop trying to make employees clock out and then work for free. Absolutely ridiculous.

I've worked there for 2 years and things have gone from bad to worse and working has become unbearable

Current Employee - Server
    Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Bob Evans part-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are a server, then working Saturday and Sunday morning is good pay.

Cons

The whole system is disorganized and managers are always being transferred from different stores so it throws the store off. There is a new scheduling system so part-time can work no more than 29 hours so management schedules people less than 20 and people have been scheduled a 2 hour shift numerous of times.

Respect employees and learn better communication between staff and management.

Fast food restaraunt under the guise of a sit-down family place, but overall a good place to work.

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Bob Evans part-time for less than a year

Pros

Things pretty organized in terms of training and had a lot of supportive staff.

Cons

hard to grow, lots of people work there for a long time. Pay was decent if you were serving (tips were pretty good) but you'll never make anything good if you don't receive tips. I just worked there for the summer and was hazed by the younger people, management didn't really seem to care.

Worked for Bob Evans? Contribute to the Community!