Bob Rohrman Auto

2.4

Bob Rohrman

Love what I do!

I have been working at Bob Rohrman Auto

Pros

Satisfaction of seeing people that are truly grateful when they get in a car they love.. the customers are awesome. Money is good and I love a competitive environment. To me it feels like a sport not a job. Bob demands a lot but I gaurentee he demands more out of himself. I GET TO DETERMINE MY WORTH NOT AN HOURLY RATE

Cons

Explaining to family about inconsistent hours. Why it's not a clock in clock out type job "thank god"!!

Hang in there! Learn all you can, stay humble, and remember every position boils down to one thing. "YOURE A SALESMAN" no more no less

If you need a reason to hate your life.. Work for Rohrman

Current Employee - Manager in Chesterton, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in Chesterton, IN

I have been working at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent pay absolutely nothing else.

Cons

Long 10-12 shift hours
    No HR
    HORRIBLE TREATMENT
    Unrealistic Expectations
    Racist tones from owners (And I'm Caucasian)
    Extremely catty (male and female)
    No Xmas bonus but you do an automatic $50 is taken from your Christmas check to buy Millionaire Bob Rohrman a Christmas present
    Sales and service are just horrible
    Not much required to get hired so you're working with people fresh out of fast food restaurant or kids straight out of high school
    SEXUAL HARASSMENT IS CONSTANT
    COMPLETELY DISORGANIZED COMPANY

Close down your business and do society a favor.

A stepping stone to something better.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Some really nice coworkers (depending on dealership). Possibility of good commissions. A very good training program and "crash course" to selling cars. Year round company gatherings like picnic, cash dash, and Christmas party.

Cons

This is a company that does not value women. As it is known, there are not very many women in the frontlines of the car business, and for good reason. It is a rough business. You have to have very thick skin, tenacity, a desire to succeed and sell.

The car business is the car business. Guys will talk. I get that. However for a member of this company to repeatedly stalk, and harass another female employee, coming to her house and threatening her. That is unacceptable.

Human resources did NOTING, not even a talk with him, after a report. This a company that likes to push things under the table. That employee still has his job.

That being said. This is a company where there is potential to make money, and learn how to sell cars. However, there's other local dealerships with a better pay plan, and a more "professional" athmosphere. I know because I have joined one of them. I actually get paid on time now. That's another thing, be leery of how you are being paid.... And when. Be prepared to wait weeks for a comission to be paid. Bottom line... You will know right away if you smell the stale stench of old popcorn and latex ballons and crude jokes, if this is the place for you.

But seriously. In all seriousness. Concider this place if you are new and want to learn how to sell cars... Then after a few months LEAVE...go somewhere better.

The atmosphere of professionalism is what attracts people to come here. Create a little bit of professionalism in your employees and workplace atmosphere. Try to bring in women! 50 percent of car buyers are women! And lastly treat your employees decently and give them an incentive to stay, rather then use your training pay and class only to go someplace better in 3 months.

Good Opportunity

I have been working at Bob Rohrman Auto

Pros

The ability to make money!

Cons

The Stress
    Draw Pay
    Constant manager change

They don't care about their help, especially with all the political B.S.

Former Employee - Management in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Management in Chicago, IL

I worked at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They hold company functions all year round which is rare for most companies and do recognize top performers.

Cons

If your terminated, you wont see your last paychecks. Still Waiting (or a Written explaination) for mine after 6 weeks. Also another person was terminated at the same time and is waiting for their last paycheck. Was suppose to get benefits after 90 days. It was 6 months. Not allowed the manpower and time or information to do your job 100%. And one hell of a revolving door. As one review said "Every day you go in, your not sure you'll have a job at the end". Makes for a tense environment.

Better training, more support, more information for the "Go To". Need to get rid of all the B.S. "POLITICS". Hire people that will not blow smoke up your behind and tell you the truth. Hire people that have people skills and don't manage by the 1980's and 1990's way of managing. When someone asks for help, help them and don't ignore their call for help. Their success depends on proper support. Not half-But mis-management

Hours are very good! Friendly co-workers and good benefits, but Management is weak.

Current Employee - Porter in Gurnee, IL
    Current Employee - Porter in Gurnee, IL

I have been working at Bob Rohrman Auto part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You put many hours in here. One time I was close to making 60 hours a week.

Cons

It's stressful and uncomfortable working around with the Service Manager.

Bob Rohrman Only Cares About Money!!

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Six figure potential, Potential to move up.

Cons

You work very long hours normally past closing time and most holidays. Extreme lack of organization, zero training and huge turnover. Very high pressure and upper management puts you in situations that questions morals. Bob Rohrman phlysophy is every body is replaceable.

Too much to list.

Finance Director turned off by owner

Former Employee - Finance Director in Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Finance Director in Gurnee, IL

I worked at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None Corporate run organization run by a man with no concept in people skills. No matter how hard you work for the man he still has tunnel vision

Cons

Expect what you inspect nothing less

Time means nothing

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Minimum benefits offered, maximum commitment demanded

Cons

Showing up everyday and dealing with everyone

Me first environment, Owner is seldom there and doesn't take the time to get to know anyone. Upper management usually gone unless Owners scheduled to be there. Had to bust up a poker game in the sales office to help me sell a car. Very low morale on sales floor. If you take care of some employees that actually care you wont have so many that dont.

Very Fullfilling

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Bob Rohrman Auto

Pros

Great money, great product, a really good working atmosphere.

Cons

Long hours with some activity delays, well worth the reward though.