Bob Rohrman Auto Reviews

Reset
2.1
Bob Rohrman

Love what I do!

Pros

Satisfaction of seeing people that are truly grateful when they get in a car they love.. the customers are awesome. Money is good and I love a competitive environment. To me it feels like a sport not a job. Bob demands a lot but I gaurentee he demands more out of himself. I GET TO DETERMINE MY WORTH NOT AN HOURLY RATE

Cons

Explaining to family about inconsistent hours. Why it's not a clock in clock out type job "thank god"!!

Advice to Management

Hang in there! Learn all you can, stay humble, and remember every position boils down to one thing. "YOURE A SALESMAN" no more no less

2. Don't work here!

I have been working at Bob Rohrman Auto part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

SOME of the people you work with are friendly-but that happens anywhere you work.

Cons

Disorganized company, greedy CEO, lack of professionalism, catty coworkers-not gender specific, lack of proper training, disgruntled customers and staff.

Advice to Management

Find a better way to make this company run smoothly. Encourage growth and development in all positions, provide adequate training and compensation, and learn how to appreciate your employees-making staff feel as though they are replaceable probably won't keep them around long term.

3. Body Shop Tech.

Current Employee - Body Shop Tech in Lafayette, IN
    Current Employee - Body Shop Tech in Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Bob Rohrman Auto (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you are one of the favorites you will do ok .

Cons

Very high health insurance. Hard to get a raise.

Advice to Management

Get new Management

5. not what i thought

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

Pros

close to home easy going environment

Cons

told was going to be one job and then turned into a job I was not hired for and was promised a pay raise and that was not received either. I guess don't work for a company who is unclear in the beginning. no one knew my hours or my pay for the first week.

Advice to Management

be honest

6. Old School Car Sales

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palatine, IL

I worked at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time

Pros

I suppose this company may be good to work for if you have worked in the car business for 30 years and still believe you those old-school tactics still work in 2015.

Cons

The group hasn't caught up to the current day and age...treating customers with respect, treating employees like assets, building into employees, and giving the customer an awesome experience. Instead, the withholding of information, aggressive (negative) motivational tactics and unkept promises are pretty typical. Unprofessional, no training for new sales people, and an overall absence of sound business practices.

7. Sales

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Libertyville, IL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Libertyville, IL

I worked at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers who were dedicated to their customers. Some managers were great, others meh.

Cons

Very poor ownership and a revolving door of managers

8. never again

Current Employee - Car Sales in Gurnee, IL
    Current Employee - Car Sales in Gurnee, IL

Pros

where i was at VW the cars were the reason i went to work there as i believe they to solidly built vehicles so i was able to fully get behind my product

Cons

Management changed all the time and were negative about their outlook of financial gain as a result we as salesman took away that the shop was not making very much money

Advice to Management

go out and find good people and pay them what you promise and keep them their so that the culture changes to at the least a more positive one the then the extremely negative

9. Automotive Tech

Former Employee - Automotive Technician in Libertyville, IL
    Former Employee - Automotive Technician in Libertyville, IL

I worked at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Non-management employees were nice. Got a Christmas basket that was stuffed full. One of two sites had enough work to keep occupied.

Cons

Second site I worked on had little to no business some weeks. Worked 50+ hours a week (all 6 days the shop was open, shop open to close), but paid book time, occasionally as low as 12-13 hours a week, so all told much less than minimum wage. I had to move to a different company to get paid enough to pay bills. Management disorganized and unavailable. Issues with paychecks being deposited on time. When shop equipment broke management would rather send the work to an outside company than pay to get it fixed.

Advice to Management

Selling cars is important, getting them back for service is just as crucial. Forcing two techs to stand around with no work and not attempting to lure customers back for service is a mistake.

10. 1970's philosophy of selling cars, lie, cheat, and steal at its very finest!

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Schaumburg, IL

Pros

THE FACILITIES ARE NICE ENOUGH.

Cons

Insane requirements to hold profit in new car dept, REQUIRED to keep a 1200 front end gross over pack(yes its 2014) 1300 F+I, and 1800 used. These are required, even better yet, no checks and balances on used car appraisals, if the New Car dept can't get to the 1200 a copy, then they just throw it in the trade,if 0% is offered by the manufacturer, the staff is instructed to tell them its not available,really? one(I'm sure there are more than one in the same situation) of their stores in Schaumburg has over 90 cars at 250 days old and probably $600,000 in water. They're answer is the quarterly write down. This group has a total 1970-80's mentality, which if you look at the yelp reviews customers leave, it is totally evident and true. Why not be like 99% of the other stores, take your best deal, make the customer happy, try to make it up in F+I, and make a customer for service retention and referral. Bob Rohrman is in his 80's, unfortunately his mind still thinks its 1970-80, he'll never change his ways. Bottom line, if you are ethical, have integrity, and have a good reputation in the industry, I would recommend you look elsewhere for fruitful employment, plus any owner of a group who opens his stores on December 24th is as greedy as they come, the damage that working on Christmas Eve does to the moral of a staff, isn't worth the very few cars that will be sold. Huge turnover in management, 14 GM's in 2 years at one store, that says it all right there.

Advice to Management

Get with the times, get some systems in place to monitor your trades.

If you need a reason to hate your life.. Work for Rohrman

Current Employee - Manager in Chesterton, IN
    Current Employee - Manager in Chesterton, IN

I have been working at Bob Rohrman Auto full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay absolutely nothing else.

Cons

Long 10-12 shift hours No HR HORRIBLE TREATMENT Unrealistic Expectations Racist tones from owners (And I'm Caucasian) Extremely catty (male and female) No Xmas bonus but you do an automatic $50 is taken from your Christmas check to buy Millionaire Bob Rohrman a Christmas present Sales and service are just horrible Not much required to get hired so you're working with people fresh out of fast food restaurant or kids straight out of high school SEXUAL HARASSMENT IS CONSTANT COMPLETELY DISORGANIZED COMPANY

Advice to Management

Close down your business and do society a favor.

RSS Feed </> Embed