Bob's Stores

Not yet rated.

James Petty

Very understanding and helpful

Service Desk (Current Employee) Hamden, CT

ProsWorked well with me in regards to scheduling while away at school and during summer

ConsLimited hours and low hourly wage

Advice to Senior ManagementGet yourself involved with sales associate duties more often

Retail

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Patchogue, NY

ProsVery flexible with schedules. It is easy to take time off, you just have to give them two weeks notice.

ConsHours are inconsistent, one week you will get a lot of hours and the next you can get very little. Pay is low, only get raises once every year. Usually around .34 cent raise.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees better.

Things really went downhill.

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsManagers are wonderful - will become some of your best friends. Great team of people, extremely flexible scheduling.

ConsCan feel like a free-for-all - not many rules or regulations are enforced. Most recent CEO put the company in serious debt so now employees who have been there 2+ years aren't receiving more than 10-15 hours per week compared to minimum wage high school students.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore transparency about company policies/changes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Retail Associate (Current Employee) Newington, CT

ProsI have worked at both the HQ and the retail store and both are great places to work. Great environment and management. Everyone is very friendly, and the management team is always understanding and helpful when needing time-off. In the retail front, it's minimum wage way, but there are possible yearly raises. The company gives employees, even part-time employees, room to grow. Many people in the HQ started off as retail associates. Great place to work. I would highly recommend this company.

ConsObviously, not many benefits for a part -time employee, but that's to be expected. The job can sometimes be boring and I've seen many people quit after a month. But if you stick with it, it's a very fulfilling job.

Sr team

IT Department (Current Employee) Hartford, CT

ProsThe old management team was the best! Great people

ConsLong hours, on call 24/7/365

Boring, poor store placement, no sales

Footwear Sales (Former Employee) Billerica, MA

ProsThe managers were good guys, and the other employees were a great bunch of kids. Pay was better than my previous job and was negotiable. Interview process was quick and easy.

ConsThe store was in a horrible location and no one ever came in! You would work at 6 AM stocking shelves and be bored out of your mind by noon when the store was empty. They also use on call shifts, so you never know if you are working until an hour beforehand.

Had problems with one manager. Made me work from 5 AM-1PM on Christmas Eve even after I requested it off months ahead of time to go on a vacation with my family. Also, was sick one day, came in at 6 AM anyway, and when I took some time to use the bathroom, this manager wrote me up for "taking too long to do my work", even after I came in sick and worked because I knew at 6 AM no one else was going to take the shift.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter store placement. Sell some modern products. All the shoes and clothing are suitable for the late 90s/early 2000s but not for today. Also, open an online store. Its 2014, how are you staying afloat with no online presence? And people wonder why Amazon is winning the retail war...

A few bad apples can spoil the bunch.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Meriden, CT

ProsGood team mates to work with.

ConsWhat was once a very beautiful culture has been devastated by a very poor senior management team - some new to the organization and some who sadly and simply folded - choosing to go with the flow. The senior team has unraveled the culture and unraveled the team - all while not improving sales significantly. So I ask, to what end?

Advice to Senior ManagementListen when people give you feedback. Shed your arrogance - you are not always right. Respect the team - perhaps they would do more if they felt you cared about them. And to those who just went with the flow, it's poor form to not support your people. People are how you meet your goals and earnings!

Great first job if your willing to push

Service Desk (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible and fair scheduling, progressively gain responsibilities, overall good coworkers, overall dedicated field management

ConsWages are too low to keep good employees around, and opportunity for growth is sporadic. Since the majority of staff is part time at the store level their is a gap in effort.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat changes since 2013, the years before corporate was pretty stagnant. Take more consideration from store teams and their management, it's helpful to get the feedback we verbally receive from the customer as well as what they say to you when you reach out.

Great company to begin building your job experience and character

Customer Service Desk and Key Holder (Current Employee) Danbury, CT

ProsFriendly work environment, flexible work hours, caring management, good job security, great advancement options in company, yearly reviews with a chance of a raise and equal initial hiring opportunities regardless of experience.

ConsWorking on holidays, partial drama among coworkers, poor health benefits except for vision, repetitive work environment, and limited hours during the off season.

love love love

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI had really great experience here.

ConsI have non it's a nice company.

Advice to Senior Managementnothing

Worked for Bob's Stores? Contribute to the Community!