Bobcat

Updated May 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard M. (Rich) Goldsbury

it is a company to work for, and it provides a lot of opportunity for internships and Co-ops.

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) Gwinner, ND

Prosthe work is flexible, with mentor training

Consrequire high adaptability and self-learning

As one who just entered the job market, Bobcat is establishing a strong foundation for my career path.

Human Resources Co-Op (Current Employee) Bismarck, ND

ProsI am learning something new everyday, gaining vital experience in how large-scale companies operate and manage their customers and employees. Co-workers are exceptional to work with and my supervisor is very flexible towards my school/personal life.

ConsBeing a large company, Bobcat has a lot of employees which can make it quite difficult to get to know everyone. Also having a Korean parent company such as Doosan invites a language barrier that is often difficult to work around.

Design Engineering Intern

Design Co-op (Former Employee) Gwinner, ND

ProsSmall-company feel, with lots of experience in it's staff.

ConsSmall company with limited promotion opportunities. Small, small town.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company and good machines

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) Biloxi, MS

ProsTraining schools for mechanics. Safe shop environment.

ConsBeing a mechanic is not fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure more of your stores can compete with Caterpillar by allowing for short term rentals. The Bobcat dealer I worked for in Biloxi Mississippi did not do short term rentals and was put out of business by the CAT dealer next door.

Good experience working here

Welder (Current Employee) Gwinner, ND

ProsAllowed some leeway to do your job; most of the foreman work with you

ConsHave to work a lot of hours to get adequate pay per check

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend some money on employees. We got a little plastic coin purse with bandaids in it when we achieved 500,000 hours of no time lost injuries.

Great place to work!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) West Fargo, ND

ProsVery professional environment with a dedicated and friendly staff. The company has worked hard to preserve as many jobs through the economic downturn as possible. The company is working hard to focus on its people and the core values that drive the business. Most managers are flexible with working hours, the pay is very good, and benefits are good as well.

ConsSometimes communication is a bit lacking, but it has improved in the past couple years.

I enjoy what I do .

Welder (Current Employee) Litchfield, MN

ProsSince I've worked at Bobcat I've been on many of the Kaizne events the Engineeres , seem to want to get the Employee's input on the changes that happen ,and how it's gonna effect the work areas change . There is a on the Job weld class / blueprint reading , for some of the few who havnt or have little basic skills .

ConsWe need to do more cross training . (not really a down side but could help) We need to do more weld testing for new hires and even temp people , maybe some blue print reading would help to .

Advice to Senior ManagementCommutation skill are a high priority skill , in witch think or see everyday is lacking . Not saying anything bad ,but needs to be addressed . Sometimes more than others there are people working harder than others , and is over seen ( or does not want to be addressed by certain Lead and/or Supervisor when pointed out ) And I"M not saying all I am saying some . Other than that all is good !

A Job I Like

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bismarck, ND

ProsPay is decent, hours are great, I enjoy what I do.

ConsManagement seems to be in disarray at times. Don't respect the job we do at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication with hourly employees, please.

Good working environment

Product Manager (Former Employee) Brussels (Belgium)

ProsThe company is young and cosmopolitan in the EMEA HQ (Brussels). The wages and benefits are high.

Consdifficulties to deliver results due to a lack of decisions.
    Construction equipment industry is facing difficult business environment in the last years.
    The matrix organizational chart is diluting responsibilities. The new President will probably tackle this problem.

Advice to Senior Managementless directors, more managers

Good place.

Welder (Current Employee)

ProsGood hours and lots of fun.

ConsLots of work staying busy everyday.

Worked for Bobcat? Contribute to the Community!