Boddie-Noell

Updated May 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bill Boddie

I love working for the company.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsYou get to meet new people and learn new things.

ConsWhen you work with someone who does not care about the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn some casing things is not always the way it looks get all of the facts for yourself first before you do something everyone will regret later.

Great work atmosphere!

Biscuitmaker (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat training, leadership, and teamwork
    Able to work with little or no supervision
    Uniforms provided
    Frequent pay raises
    Flexible schedules
    Educational opportunities

ConsHard to advance in company

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have an employee that has good potential, try to use it without putting that person on hold for advancement in the company.

They Really Do Believe in People

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsTRAINING TRAINING TRAINING
    A Great Company to begin Quick Service Management and Grow with
    Upper management is very in touch with each store
    Corporate partners know the management teams by name and it has a strong sense of family
    NOT a PUBLIC COMPANY! This makes it great!

ConsLoss Prevention Measures here are no joke! If you have issues stay clear, this is NOT the company for you!
    A slightly hiigher competitive rate would be beneficial.
    The job posting for the company is very generic and could use an updated and user friendly database.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What more could you expect?

ProsIt's a nice job for someone who just wants to make a little extra money. AND I DO MEAN LITTLE.

ConsSenior management is money hungry. Not a good work/life balance. I was screwed out of a promotion after working there for 5 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like cattle and offer decent wages.

Management trainee

Management Trainee (Former Employee) Rocky Mount, NC

ProsGreat experience for getting started on a retail managing experiences. Especially overseeing all the operation and traffic control. Very result driven and cope with ambiguity.

ConsRetail is retail. Fast pace, stressful. Less rewarding.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's a good start to cope with people and difficulties.

Great place to work.

Cashier (Current Employee) Reidsville, NC

ProsVery flexible work schedule. Mostly nice people to work with. Great benefits to full-time employees. Good job for high school and college students who need to work around classes.

ConsFavoritism often interferes with advancement opportunities. Personal issues aren't kept separate from work and some employees are treated better than others. Too much work put on certain employees depending on position of work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to keep home and work separate. Don't interfere with employees personal issues. Delegate work duties between employees fairly. Move only qualified employees up to management positions.

Ok if you can tolerate the hours. Not the ideal for someone with a family.

Manager (Current Employee) Gloucester, VA

ProsManagement and crew really work hard at being a cohesive team! The management and crew really work hard, helping each other, to deliver top of the line service to our guests.

ConsFrom the district manager up, your concerns and suggestions will fall on deaf ears. No one's interested in your ideas. Often times, changes come down that seem almost knee-jerk, with little thought put into it, or perhaps it's that the change is miscommunicated. Either way, unit magement is often left scratching their heads trying to figure out how they're to overcome the challenges which accompany those changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou under-value your management staff. Be open to their suggestions, feedback, concerns, and at times, their solutions! About a month ago, our district manager told us our cashiers were to no longer say welcome to Hardee's to our guest as they arrived, nor sound off, nor ask if the guest wanted their order for here or to go. That was it. No amplification, nothing. Upon checking the applicable training task outilne, it was verified all these things were in fact still included in the outline, and still are today. Finally, you sunk money into your other concepts and as a result you've withheld pay raises for the the past two years. Some of us can live with it, mostly because we have other sources of income, while others have had to struggle to make ends meet - those would be the younger managers, ones with young children. You have a pot of gold in your management staff, if you'd only take stock in them.

Still more to learn. Youre not the only one on Earth.

Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) Charlottesville, VA

ProsIf you have no work experience, BNE is a great place to start. It gives you the opportunity, not the change to work in a corporate environment will low qualified personnel. it's a good place to see who bad America eats, what means healthy food, what means a good job, why USA isn't the best nation in this world. Don't have great expectations, because you won't have any satisfaction. But, if you will work there, make sure you have some friendly pals around there. Just smile and wave, every bad thing in this pathetic life will end sooner then you expect.

ConsOhh, now that's where the fun starts. There is no proper cleaning in BNE restaurants, I expected more rules and more important, more followers of these rules. they really lack at this chapter. low qualified personnel. Very rude sometimes. Very stressful. Salary too low. no proper transportation to work. a 15 minute road lasted every day 1 hour. nad the most important thing: bad food. they don't know how to cook. i made my own food or ordered a special preparation method. all was greasy, with no taste, cold. the drinks were already cold, i didn't get the extra ice thing.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust quit. You will make the best decision of your life.

Is Boddie-Noell the way of the future?

General Manager (Former Employee) Wilmington, NC

ProsRoom for some growth. Manager school

ConsMany hours(70+)in low volume units(50+)in high volume units for salary managers and unrealistic payroll guidelines well below competitors. But if you are a work alcoholic it OK.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange one of your Vice Presidents BW

Very Good Company

ProsAdvancement opportunity is always available in restaurants

ConsNo Cons I can think of.

Worked for Boddie-Noell? Contribute to the Community!