Boddie-Noell

www.bneinc.com

Boddie-Noell Reviews

3.5

Bill Boddie

I love working for the company.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Boddie-Noell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You get to meet new people and learn new things.

Cons

When you work with someone who does not care about the employees.

In some casing things is not always the way it looks get all of the facts for yourself first before you do something everyone will regret later.

Great work atmosphere!

Current Employee - Biscuitmaker in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Biscuitmaker in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Boddie-Noell part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, leadership, and teamwork
    Able to work with little or no supervision
    Uniforms provided
    Frequent pay raises
    Flexible schedules
    Educational opportunities

Cons

Hard to advance in company

When you have an employee that has good potential, try to use it without putting that person on hold for advancement in the company.

They Really Do Believe in People

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Boddie-Noell full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

TRAINING TRAINING TRAINING
    A Great Company to begin Quick Service Management and Grow with
    Upper management is very in touch with each store
    Corporate partners know the management teams by name and it has a strong sense of family
    NOT a PUBLIC COMPANY! This makes it great!

Cons

Loss Prevention Measures here are no joke! If you have issues stay clear, this is NOT the company for you!
    A slightly hiigher competitive rate would be beneficial.
    The job posting for the company is very generic and could use an updated and user friendly database.

What more could you expect?

I have been working at Boddie-Noell

Pros

It's a nice job for someone who just wants to make a little extra money. AND I DO MEAN LITTLE.

Cons

Senior management is money hungry. Not a good work/life balance. I was screwed out of a promotion after working there for 5 years.

Stop treating your employees like cattle and offer decent wages.

Management trainee

Former Employee - Management Trainee in Rocky Mount, NC
    Former Employee - Management Trainee in Rocky Mount, NC

I worked at Boddie-Noell full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great experience for getting started on a retail managing experiences. Especially overseeing all the operation and traffic control. Very result driven and cope with ambiguity.

Cons

Retail is retail. Fast pace, stressful. Less rewarding.

It's a good start to cope with people and difficulties.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Cashier in Reidsville, NC
    Current Employee - Cashier in Reidsville, NC

I have been working at Boddie-Noell

Pros

Very flexible work schedule. Mostly nice people to work with. Great benefits to full-time employees. Good job for high school and college students who need to work around classes.

Cons

Favoritism often interferes with advancement opportunities. Personal issues aren't kept separate from work and some employees are treated better than others. Too much work put on certain employees depending on position of work.

Learn to keep home and work separate. Don't interfere with employees personal issues. Delegate work duties between employees fairly. Move only qualified employees up to management positions.

Ok if you can tolerate the hours. Not the ideal for someone with a family.

Current Employee - Manager in Gloucester, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Gloucester, VA

I have been working at Boddie-Noell

Pros

Management and crew really work hard at being a cohesive team! The management and crew really work hard, helping each other, to deliver top of the line service to our guests.

Cons

From the district manager up, your concerns and suggestions will fall on deaf ears. No one's interested in your ideas. Often times, changes come down that seem almost knee-jerk, with little thought put into it, or perhaps it's that the change is miscommunicated. Either way, unit magement is often left scratching their heads trying to figure out how they're to overcome the challenges which accompany those changes.

You under-value your management staff. Be open to their suggestions, feedback, concerns, and at times, their solutions! About a month ago, our district manager told us our cashiers were to no longer say welcome to Hardee's to our guest as they arrived, nor sound off, nor ask if the guest wanted their order for here or to go. That was it. No amplification, nothing. Upon checking the applicable training task outilne, it was verified all these things were in fact still included in the outline, and still are today. Finally, you sunk money into your other concepts and as a result you've withheld pay raises for the the past two years. Some of us can live with it, mostly because we have other sources of income, while others have had to struggle to make ends meet - those would be the younger managers, ones with young children. You have a pot of gold in your management staff, if you'd only take stock in them.

Still more to learn. Youre not the only one on Earth.

Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Charlottesville, VA
    Former Employee - Cook/Cashier in Charlottesville, VA

I worked at Boddie-Noell

Pros

If you have no work experience, BNE is a great place to start. It gives you the opportunity, not the change to work in a corporate environment will low qualified personnel. it's a good place to see who bad America eats, what means healthy food, what means a good job, why USA isn't the best nation in this world. Don't have great expectations, because you won't have any satisfaction. But, if you will work there, make sure you have some friendly pals around there. Just smile and wave, every bad thing in this pathetic life will end sooner then you expect.

Cons

Ohh, now that's where the fun starts. There is no proper cleaning in BNE restaurants, I expected more rules and more important, more followers of these rules. they really lack at this chapter. low qualified personnel. Very rude sometimes. Very stressful. Salary too low. no proper transportation to work. a 15 minute road lasted every day 1 hour. nad the most important thing: bad food. they don't know how to cook. i made my own food or ordered a special preparation method. all was greasy, with no taste, cold. the drinks were already cold, i didn't get the extra ice thing.

Just quit. You will make the best decision of your life.

Is Boddie-Noell the way of the future?

Former Employee - General Manager in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Boddie-Noell

Pros

Room for some growth. Manager school

Cons

Many hours(70+)in low volume units(50+)in high volume units for salary managers and unrealistic payroll guidelines well below competitors. But if you are a work alcoholic it OK.

Change one of your Vice Presidents BW

Very Good Company

I have been working at Boddie-Noell full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Advancement opportunity is always available in restaurants

Cons

No Cons I can think of.