Body Central Reviews

Reset
2.0
Body Central President, CEO, and Director B. Allen Weinstein
B. Allen Weinstein

Pros
  • The 40% discount would be great if the product were of adequate quality (in 22 reviews)

• Great discount with a fun upbeat eniviroment great job to start retail management career (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • No appreciation or communication from upper management (in 8 reviews)

• Sales goals are unattainable for such a low volume mall (in 6 reviews)

1. company needs help

Pros

Nice discount and some good people

Cons

Company needs help with directions in style

2. I hated it

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Jacksonville, NC

I worked at Body Central part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Body central offered a great employee discount. 40% off! But that was probably the not thing I enjoyed about my time there

Cons

They payed way too little for the work you were expected to do. I had to tag clothes while watching for shoplifters while greeting customers while straightening the merchandise. Plus the managers were just really mean to me

Advice to Management

Be nice to people

3. Company doesn't care about employees.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Hattiesburg, MS

I have been working at Body Central full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits pay customers clothes dm

Cons

Workload hours traveling visuals policy

Advice to Management

Stick together

5. This company was great when Jerold Rosenbaum was the owner. He knew how to manage a company.

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

There are some great supervisors.

Cons

Most people in upper management need to figure out what they are doing.

Advice to Management

Get your self a better action plan.

6. Assistant Manager

Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Fayetteville, NC
    Former Employee - Second Assistant Manager in Fayetteville, NC

I worked at Body Central full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved coming to work enjoyed my job

Cons

Then they started changing everything cutting hour left me and another assistant to do dm's job store manager's job and first Assistant job ,and complained that we weren't getting anything done with 2 on 2

7. Current Sales Associate

I have been working at Body Central (Less than a year)

Pros

- Good place to work if you are in high school/college and need a part-time job. - 40% discount.

Cons

Employees don't get trained to do their jobs very well and then get blamed for it. I understand that they are budgeting hours, but they can have the new hires come in and train when it's not busy. At my store, management continues to hire people that are untrustworthy or can't perform the job well. I understand there will be some bad apples, but after a while, this is management's fault. Management needs to use better judgement when it comes to selecting new hires. We also have a problem with theft. Theft is hard to prevent when we are under staffed and have many tasks to complete for the day. Turnover is very high. I have been with the company for 8 months and nine people have left since then. Two of those people were in management. Management at the store level on up don't care that employees are leaving. They just hire new employees only to see them walk away within a month to six months. If Body Central wants sales to improve, they should create an environment that will want people to stay and do their jobs. The overall environment is unprofessional and unorganized. All of these problems are very easy to solve, but there seems to be no motivation to solve them.

Advice to Management

If you find yourself with a poor, and dwindling staff understand that it is partly your fault. Be more selective in who you hire and offer some incentives for people that are working hard.

8. Way too unprofessional

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Moorestown, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Moorestown, NJ

I worked at Body Central part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 40% off and company incentives were amazing. The work was easy breezy. Customers were very fun to work with.

Cons

Sales goals are unattainable for such a low volume mall. Can't say it's company wide, but there was no respect shown for employees. Working here I felt like either you're bffs with the boss, or you're fresh meat for gossip. It would be nice if the store manager acted like she was at work and not a high school.

Advice to Management

Try to be more selective with your hiring process. Don't just give a girl keys to the store because she knows the ins and outs. If you don't have *people who love people* running your store, you can forget about a profitable uplifting atmosphere.

9. :(

Former Employee - Retail Co Manager
    Former Employee - Retail Co Manager

I worked at Body Central full-time (More than a year)

Pros

it was a great way to meet new people and the co workers were great

Cons

too many floor sets, professional management, unfair treatment to employees, too many hours at work

Advice to Management

be more understanding to the needs of your employees

10. Ugh!

Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Denton, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier in Denton, TX

I worked at Body Central part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The 40% discount is amazing. I love the clothes. Some of the girls were awesome. That is all. Not worth an application, I'll never go back.

Cons

Only scheduled once a week, unless employees quit or were fired than the hours where good until they got them replaced. Too much drama with the store managers and assistant managers. Sales associates have to clean the store at the end of the day and I did NOT sign up to be a janitor. Assistant managers make the associates do ALL the work and then get pissed when associates need help or have a question. The sales goals were unrealistic for our location.

11. Great Concept but work disappointing

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Body Central part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great discount Some managers are friendly

Cons

Horrible wages that are not competitive, required to meet sales goals with little to no recognition or sales bonus for the hard work. Lack of full time positions and leadership may be weak at some locations as far as fairness and teamwork. Very old and outdated tactics and this company needs a boost in products offered to customers to create a better shopping environment to be able to compete with bigger companies like h&m and forever 21 but the potential is there just switch the clothes out sometimes they repeat every year.

Advice to Management

I would go around to each store and listen to the sales associates who are on the floor everyday who sells the product and get advice based on trends, customers likes and dislikes because the sales associates see this everyday and would help with an edge for Body Central which has sooo much potential. I would also try to get some fresh ideas for clothing and accessories as well as fresh and young people selecting them.

RSS Feed </> Embed