Boehringer Ingelheim

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andreas Barner

Pros
  • Modern workspaces are excellent and the work/life balance is enhanced by many employees remote-working(in 5 reviews)

• Teamwork among co-workers, good benefits, acceptable work-life flexibility in professional positions(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No one listens unless you are in upper management(in 4 reviews)

• Boehringer is a very conservative family-owned business which is still stuck in the "old German economy" a bit(in 4 reviews)

It was a great first internship and I was exposed to a lot of engineering aspects.

Engineering Intern (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

ProsGreat staff and very classy place to work. I was able to build a lot of great professional relationships and felt that the team at BI wanted what was best for me.

ConsEngineering is a small unit in the building. I was an intern and they maybe could pay a little more hourly. It is one of the lower wages I have seen in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure production members know the why behind the projects we do.

Overall good experience

ProsTeamwork among co-workers, good benefits, acceptable work-life flexibility in professional positions

ConsLack of management support for quality oversight, no work-life balance consideration for manufacturing and manufacturing support departments.

Downward Spiral

Anonymous (Current Employee) Ridgefield, CT

ProsSome nice and talented people, competitive salaries.

ConsIn an attempt to address a one billion euro deficit, BI turning more German headquarters-centric, de-evolving from employee-caring to standard money-making focus. Management is ignoring what made them a good company for over 100 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe truly international, leverage your global talent. Accept single-digit revenue increases as part of current economic trends. Refocus on your primary asset, your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company in the midst of massive changes.

ProsStrong Pipeline, People, Good Benefits, Generous PTO (Vacation) policy. A company with products and approach to health care that really makes a difference.

ConsSales Force overworked with multiple product responsibilities. Changes are overwhelming. Management shifts are blurring company direction. Multiple product launches with no time for study and multiple training modules have interfered with work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove forecasting, pay attention to the burn out factor among your most talented. Get the senior management act together. Good move with the most recent changes in Senior Management!!! Now who will take us into the next phase of success!!

Horrible Management

ProsFair to Good overall package

ConsI am still working here because I still have an OK manager and I don't expect an exciting career future.
    I am seeing people quit because of unbearable workload. On the other hand, some people can just hang around, even not showing up in office. They must have excellent "communication skill" with their managers.

It's all about quantity over quality

Microbiologist I I (Former Employee) Bedford, OH

ProsTechnology in the lab is very up and coming.

ConsManagement and organization of various departments. Too many signatures needed to get anything done.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize yourself

nothing special

Prosvacation time, work life balance

Consno support, too much beurocracy, terrible management, no creative thinking

Waste of a summer

Finance Intern (Former Employee) Danbury, CT

ProsGood salary. Great company-subsidized cafeterias. Modern offices

ConsSummer interns don't receive any support outside of their department. My manager was too busy to manage an intern so I spent a lot of the summer sitting around waiting for an assignment. Didn't have any opportunities to meet or network with other people in the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate more structure to the internship program. Don't let managers hire interns if they don't realize that interns are a time commitment. Make it possible for interns to learn about more areas of the company than the one they are directly reporting to.

Great international workplace experiencing significant culture shift

Senior Business Consultant (Current Employee) Ridgefield, CT

ProsCareer opportunities are everywhere if you are willing to take them. Working with colleagues around the world every day. Environment is political but not cutthroat.

ConsTransitioning from small, family feel to global corporate feel. Reorganization each year I have been here by the same people each time. Career paths are confusing a limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementA little bit more positivity about the company outlook can really make an impact on employees. Even so, thank you for being open and honest.

Great company to work for. Very fair wages. Great work atmosphere.

Pharmaceutical Technician (Current Employee) Bedford, OH

ProsGood pay. Clean work environment. Good bonuses. Great added perks. Team atmosphere. Quality leaders. Close to home. Quality training programs.

ConsCompany decided to close. Poor decisions in business processes that led to the inability to produce product at a reasonable rate. There must be balance between quality and production.

Worked for Boehringer Ingelheim? Contribute to the Community!