Boehringer Ingelheim

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andreas Barner

Pros:
  • "Modern workspaces are excellent and the work/life balance is enhanced by many employees remote-working"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Teamwork among co-workers, good benefits, acceptable work-life flexibility in professional positions"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "No one listens unless you are in upper management"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Boehringer is a very conservative family-owned business which is still stuck in the "old German economy" a bit"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Was a very great learning experience

Technological Transference Project Assesor (Current Employee)
    Guadalajara, Jalisco (Mexico)

ProsCompensation is good, ethical standards are high. Provides a good career development plan and you can learn a lot of valuable skills from other co-workerspoor management.

ConsFailure in system and batch procees/quality. Poor communication between the managers

Great company

Research Associate II (Former Employee)
    Laval, QC (Canada)

ProsGood salary, good benefits and the right equipment and people was in place to achieve the company goal in timely fashion without killing people with overtime .
    The management paid attention to hire employee that can bring their contribution in respect with team spirit,

ConsNot much except the fact that management could not avoid our center closure.

A place where great opportunities abound!

Scientist (Current Employee)
    Ridgefield, CT

ProsThe level of expertise and teamwork exhibited by all of the personnel help create an above average environment for budding and long-term careers. Benefits and compensation certainly reflect this appreciation for BI employees. Modern workspaces are excellent and the work/life balance is enhanced by many employees remote-working.

ConsStill less than average comparative to industry companies, sometimes challenging to work with existing systems as it is difficult to keep up with changing network/software environments.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

They are a great company to work for

Regional Operations Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsTreat employees with respect. Very ethical and fair.

ConsWould not let me work from my home although I had been successfully working out of my home about 3 years unofficially.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider each person individually instead of as a group.

Pharmaceutical Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsGreat company, products and people

ConsPharma is changing which makes it difficult

senior scientist

Senior Scientist (Current Employee)

ProsGood people, good benefit, good culture

Consa lot of meetings, long time to make decision

Excellent employer with great benefits

ProsGreat benefits; privately owned; lots of opportunities

ConsCommunication sometime lacking; soon to be closing some research centers

Very satisfied.Ispent half of my youger years w/ this company.

Consultant (Former Employee)
    Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Prosit's a family oriented company

Consit all depends who your boss will be.if the boss is not understanding of situations,then that's the downside of it.

Advice to Senior Managementmanagement should keep up the skills training of employees to enable to succeed in the ever changing corporate world.

At this company the meaning of the phrase "company culture" really means something good and important

Medical Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Athens (Greece)

ProsWorking safety, value through innovation, good working environment, good people, always one step ahead in the pharmaceutical industry, historical company, large product portfolio, the company belongs to a family meaning you won't have to be afraid of stock market games with the company jeopardizing your job.

ConsI think that the salaries and generally the various compensations are not the best in the pharmaceutical industry. In the past 5 years there was a feeling that not every manager deserved his position and this led to disappointment. Also the balance between working time and free time for the employee is not always achieved because some things are required the last minute.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater and constant use of talent management, initiate better motives for excellent workers. Keep focusing on growing the products portfolio in therapeutic areas of great interest. Try to make marketing and sales work together as allies.

It was a great first internship and I was exposed to a lot of engineering aspects.

Engineering Intern (Current Employee)
    Columbus, OH

ProsGreat staff and very classy place to work. I was able to build a lot of great professional relationships and felt that the team at BI wanted what was best for me.

ConsEngineering is a small unit in the building. I was an intern and they maybe could pay a little more hourly. It is one of the lower wages I have seen in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure production members know the why behind the projects we do.

Worked for Boehringer Ingelheim? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boehringer Ingelheim reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boehringer Ingelheim CEO Andreas Barner. All 69 reviews posted anonymously by Boehringer Ingelheim employees.