Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane

New chemist

Current Employee - Chemist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Chemist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time

Pros

management is very understanding if you are having trouble adjusting to a new workplace, coworkers are friendly

Cons

have to be proactive, very busy environment so must be independently motivated to follow up with management about what must completed

Disappointing

Former Employee - Tech in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Tech in Columbus, OH

I worked at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time (more than an year)

Pros

team members I worked with, company values are ok in writing, but not practiced

Cons

Very hard to get promoted from within without a degree, if you have a degree in anything, you get promoted regardless of what your background or current job is. Training is not standardized, Overtime is scheduled last minute, technician morale is extremely low

Promote people with experience and not based entirely off of a degree

company is going downhill fast

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time

Pros

You can pretty much write your own pay check cause of so much overtime. If you have a college degree in anything you can do what ever you want basically.

Cons

Management doesnt have a clue what they are doing!! Pay increases are a joke, they look for a reason not to give a decent raise. If you have experience they will overlook you but if you went to school they will promote you. They hire people straight out of school for jobs they are not qualified for, people who have never actually worked and have no experience in life are what the look for not people who can actually do the job.

Look at your people try to get morale back into the company. It is an ongoing joke about how soon the company will close because of the lack of leadership. Stop taking away everything and start giving back to your employees. Make our pay great, you ask us to keep up with los, mag goals, max plans and etc. plus work all the overtime......its time you guys gave back.

Slow but steady.

I worked at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Office culture, pension, company vision, investiture in innovation, educational assistance.

Cons

Growth Opportunities, reporting structure, change, internal training programs.

I enjoyed my experience at Boehringer Ingelheim based purely on my direct department culture. Made up of young, driven, enthusiastic individuals we aggressively exploited bottlenecks and sought remedies to drive greater lean initiatives as our organization requested. The local senior leadership though continues to use an archaic matrix performance grading system that requires that if you grade/ score your entire team as exceptional you as a manager must sacrifice with lows scores to even the balance sheet. One can deduce that not all of the management structure is as ethical or honest in their grading schemes. This tends to harbor contention year to year within staff.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Scientist I in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Scientist I in Columbus, OH

I worked at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

great facility
    great cafeteria with reduced priced items
    learned a lot good experience
    people are great
    likelihood of getting hired permanently after temping are good if a position opens up

Cons

They were looking to hire people or switch people to be overnight (3rd shift).

Maybe it's time for a Union

Current Employee - Hourly Worker in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Hourly Worker in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Hourly workers are the backbone of this company and they fortunately take pride in their work.

Cons

Serious lack of comunication between management and hourly emplyees. There is now a quantity over quality attitude. Benefits and bonuses are being cut. The hourly wage is low and does not reflect the resposibilities being asked of the employees. A German company bullying American workers and using American management as their mouthpiece. They know that unemployment is high and they take advantage oif people just needing jobs.

Start paying your hourly works for what they do. Stop making threats about VPR bonuses being cut and cutting them year in and year out. Stop giving low merit increases. The company made more than 20 Billion dollars last year. 10 cent and 30 an hour raises but then increased insurance premium so they actually made less $ than last year.

Decent Employer; Solid Benefits

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane

Pros

Ability to make medicines that people need day to day

Cons

Constantly changing - day to day - never know what your going to walk into.

Review by current employee with 15+ years of professional, degreed experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Experience gained by those out of college is quite good. This is an international company that offers a lot of technical experience. For those with a college degree and 10+ years at the company, salary and time off can be above average for central Ohio.

Cons

Lack of opportunity for advancement and ever-shrinking benefits. Benefits had been a strong point for this company, but a steady decrease over the past few years has left them mediocre at best. Management is very inconsistent with who they favor and plays politics with their employees. Hourly employees are forced to work an excessive amount of overtime to reduce costs.

Do not make the same mistakes as did the sister company Ben Venue that would get sanctions from the FDA. You cannot expect your employees to work with a quality mindset when you work them seven days a week. Shrinking benefits will force talented employee to get experience and move on to other companies. This will weaken the company's market and compliance edge.

What a great opportunity

Current Employee - Certified Coach in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Certified Coach in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Decent PTO, competitive pay, good benefits, lots of growth opportunity. There seems to be a pretty good "coaching culture" and employee development seems like it is a priority as a company. If you want to grow here, there's plenty of opportunity. It is a very clean environment.Management does a fairly good job of trying to keep everyone feeling respected. As a site, B/I Roxane has less than one osha recordable per 100,000 hrs worked.
    One would be hard pressed to find a safer place to work in manufacturing.

Cons

B/I is in a very heavily regulated market space (pharmaceuticals), and as a consequence, changes tend to have to go through a lot of bureaucracy to happen. B/I is a big company and has a few of the trappings that big companies sometimes have. For example, the IT dept is going global and the help desk is earning the nickname "IT help-less"

Keep up the culture of positive re-enforcement, but don't forget that action does not equal accomplishment. Not everybody will buy into every change that is made. Really great people make mistakes but really great processes never fail; keep up your quest for both. Keep Safety as a core value(not just a priority).

Good company but high turnover

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time

Pros

Great place to work with excellent benefits

Cons

Company pays below industry average