Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane Reviews

1. ...

Current Employee - Quality in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Quality in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time

Pros

Great benefits package. Friendly environment.

Cons

Low pay. Need to be a brown noser or one of the good ole boys to move up.

Advice to Management

Listen and be humble.

2. Great Company to work for - Minus the Politics

Pros

I joined the company in the 1990's and enjoyed my work. I was a well-adjusted, autonomous employee who rose through the ranks but found a glass ceiling in my final department. The company had a development plan program that hit a lot of buttons for myself. Opportunities for growth existed. But, the rate of promotion was faster for some employees than other employees.

Cons

As in any company, the higher title one achieves, the fewer upwardly mobile positions are available. It definitely seemed like a fraternity was managing the Quality Control Department. If you weren't in the frat-house, you were definitely treated like an outsider. I witnessed several people 'targeted' for performance issues once they hit that magical over 40 years old or over 15 years with the company. Yet, the young pretty girls fresh out of college, were all of a sudden the superstars. Exit interviews were not valued by management. I was offered a 'form' to fill out and submit. How impersonal for someone with 20+ years experience at the company. I saw the pretty people get promoted as opposed to the individuals with real knowledge. The Dilbert Business Model existed at that time: "Those who can, do and those who can't manage." Changes were implemented without voice of the customer- impact assessments. As a result, there was a high turn over rate. Morale tanked - no one seemed to care. It was all about the new Director's agenda which was validated by the higher-ups. The corporate culture was a coaching culture which included feedback. Feedback was acceptable as long as it came top down. It was not encouraged or accepted if feedback (negative specifically) was dispensed bottom-up. If management received negative feedback, management would find a way to retaliate. The First Line Supervisors were held to a ridiculous subjective standard that the other levels of management were not held to which included periodic direct report feedback through questionnaires. The upper management levels were not subject to that scrutiny.

Advice to Management

Be authentic Walk the Talk Be consistent Show yourselves to be accountable for your actions

3. Great to get experience right out of college

Pros

Great coworkers and ok pay

Cons

High turnover, slow movement up the corporate ladder, very clicky (the right click will get you your next promotion ).

5. A good company for entry level employees

I worked at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time

Pros

The company has a great facility, great benefit plan and cares about people. It is a very good place for early career professionals. There is a lot of opportunity to develop and advance your skills in different departments. The PTO benefits are excellent, and the pay is fair.

Cons

External experience is not valued. Tends to be a "good old boy/girl" network. External professional development is not encouraged. The facility is self contained and isolated from outside world which creates a "not invented here" mentality. Stated policies are not applied consistently throughout the company.

Advice to Management

Audit internal policies by function to ensure they are being applied consistently. Be transparent when hiring experienced professionals,"there will be little opportunity for career development".

Frustration.and disappointment and stressed out!

Former Employee - Flow Technician Fette Operator in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Flow Technician Fette Operator in Columbus, OH

I worked at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The education of how medications are made is very interesting, decent pay, beautiful facilities, good benefits package,medication produced by them is free if they are prescribed it from their Dr.

Cons

Dont follow through on what they say they going to do, stress level is very high, very unhappy people working there, their training on computers does not work, due to not fixing program problems, thus nor being able to move on to next exam, which causes problems with getting proper raises and bonuses, cant get to know anyone everyone is very dry.

7. Stagnant

Former Employee - Logistics Technician
    Former Employee - Logistics Technician

Pros

Schedule is good For someone with no debt the pay is decent If you get hired on you'll be trained They don't push you too hard

Cons

People talk a lot and it travels up the chain, they will use anything they can to get ahead with info which will include you getting canned. Being a temp means you're on eggshells 24/7. In order to maintain a job there, you have to lie about your temperature on a scale of 0-10. You take work keys via ACT.org in order to make boxes, which is your main occupation, if you're a temp. A lot of snitches. There is no real training for temporary associates, any questions of such things will be met with swift resistance.

Advice to Management

Increase compensation for your regular employees, they deserve it. Train your temps if you want to maintain them.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Tech in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Tech in Columbus, OH

I worked at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time (More than a year)

Pros

team members I worked with, company values are ok in writing, but not practiced

Cons

Very hard to get promoted from within without a degree, if you have a degree in anything, you get promoted regardless of what your background or current job is. Training is not standardized, Overtime is scheduled last minute, technician morale is extremely low

Advice to Management

Promote people with experience and not based entirely off of a degree

company is going downhill fast

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time

Pros

You can pretty much write your own pay check cause of so much overtime. If you have a college degree in anything you can do what ever you want basically.

Cons

Management doesnt have a clue what they are doing!! Pay increases are a joke, they look for a reason not to give a decent raise. If you have experience they will overlook you but if you went to school they will promote you. They hire people straight out of school for jobs they are not qualified for, people who have never actually worked and have no experience in life are what the look for not people who can actually do the job.

Advice to Management

Look at your people try to get morale back into the company. It is an ongoing joke about how soon the company will close because of the lack of leadership. Stop taking away everything and start giving back to your employees. Make our pay great, you ask us to keep up with los, mag goals, max plans and etc. plus work all the overtime......its time you guys gave back.

New chemist

Current Employee - Chemist in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Chemist in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time

Pros

management is very understanding if you are having trouble adjusting to a new workplace, coworkers are friendly

Cons

have to be proactive, very busy environment so must be independently motivated to follow up with management about what must completed

11. Slow but steady.

I worked at Boehringer Ingelheim Roxane full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Office culture, pension, company vision, investiture in innovation, educational assistance.

Cons

Growth Opportunities, reporting structure, change, internal training programs.

Advice to Management

I enjoyed my experience at Boehringer Ingelheim based purely on my direct department culture. Made up of young, driven, enthusiastic individuals we aggressively exploited bottlenecks and sought remedies to drive greater lean initiatives as our organization requested. The local senior leadership though continues to use an archaic matrix performance grading system that requires that if you grade/ score your entire team as exceptional you as a manager must sacrifice with lows scores to even the balance sheet. One can deduce that not all of the management structure is as ethical or honest in their grading schemes. This tends to harbor contention year to year within staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed