Boeing
www.boeing.com Chicago, IL 5000+ Employees

Boeing Reviews

Updated Apr 13, 2014

3.5 1,692 reviews

Boeing Chairman, President, and CEO Jim McNerney Jr.

Jim McNerney Jr.

1,692 Employee Reviews

Pros:
  • "Good work/life balance, great benefits package, flexible work hours"
    in 126 reviews
  • "Solid company that pays well above market and has great benefits compared to others in the industry"
    in 152 reviews
Cons:
  • "in the name of "we care about your work life balance" but nothing is done to fix the balance"
    in 23 reviews
  • "Communication from senior management on down has much room for improvement"
    in 26 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

What we do affects the world

I have been working at Boeing full-time

ProsExciting military, commercial and government projects. Opportunities for growth. World wide locations. Education benefits. Vast array of job classifications.Good pay and benefits.

ConsIt's a large corporation so it's not nimble or easy to make changes even when the company is looking for the changes. It's aerospace so layoffs are a regular occurrence - but, most often you can move on to another program and not leave the company - depending on location activity.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe employees who work for you are the subject matter experts. Let them tell you the best answer. Lead them to solutions rather than direct it.

5 years into it

I have been working at Boeing

ProsInvestment in education of employees

ConsPace not conducive to the rate at which market evolves

great

Ops Manager (Current Employee)
San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Prosin the field i love

Consin San Antonio they don't treat employees well

Advice to Senior ManagementBoeing San Antonio needs help i think they got it with the new leader

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sr. Java Developer

Senior Java Developer (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Boeing as a contractor for more than a year

ProsWorked extensively with the client gathering the requirement. This helped to understand the business process of the system.

ConsWorked extensively on the each layer of the application that helped gain a good knowledge on the technologies used

Interesting experience, lethargic company "intern"

Industrial Engineer (Former Employee)
Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern for less than a year

ProsThe pay is amazing for an intern, people are very nice and everyone is open.

ConsThings move very slowly, and a lot of people are very comfortable doing nothing because they won't get fired due to the union. Company is so focused on having an ideal image that everyones wears a facade.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more demanding of employees, a lot of people are just along for the ride.

They just arent an I.T. company

I T Project Manager (Current Employee)
Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

ProsNice folks to work with.

ConsI.T. is not a well funded or developed resource to this aerospace company.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to open your eyes like Amazon or Google or yes..even Facebook . You run the business like a freight company.

Boeing Defense Systems

Procurement Analyst (Former Employee)
El Segundo, CA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

ProsLarge Company with many benefits and known name. Financially stable and many opportunities for jobs around the country. Good Benefits and 401k matching and yearly result sharing when Revenue Targets are met.

ConsMUltiple companies within one company results in consolidation of jobs as wells as systems and processes. A particular system or process that once worked for your company is lost because of system and process integration with one system for all.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommon systems do not always work for all areas and in many cases causes more work and costs more time and money.

Good place to work.

Tech Support (Former Employee)
Everett, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGreat benefits and pay. Emphasis on diversity and safety is excellent.

ConsLayoff cycle is irritating. Management could get more training.

Boeing was fine

Engineer (Former Employee)
Huntington Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBest reason to work here was getting to learn how to accomplish tasks at a large company.

ConsNot conducive to creative thinking, creative problem solving, entrepreneurship. A lot of bureaucracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop managing up.

Meh

IT Architect (Former Employee)
Seal Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFlexible company. Steady benefits. Low expectations. Lots of opportunities but no expected to find and pursue them on your own.

ConsLOTS of bureaucracy. Working with poor motivated individuals. Peers are not very technical. Very process oriented. Management tends to focus on individual objectives and not benefits to the company. No clear career/promotion path.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt rubbed me the wrong way that employees had to pay for their own coffee when at work. Really? Is this an expense worth cutting? You keep employees there longer, give them energy, promote goodwill and you require them to start their own "coffee clubs" and flip a quarter in a jar. Pretty low class.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!

Boeing Videos

Boeing – Why Work for Us?

Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. Additionally, Boeing designs and manufactures rotorcraft, electronic and defense… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Boeing reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Boeing CEO Jim McNerney Jr. All 1,692 reviews posted anonymously by Boeing employees.