Boeing

www.boeing.com

Boeing Reviews in Everett, WA

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Boeing Chairman, President, and CEO Jim McNerney Jr.

Jim McNerney Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work schedules usually allow for a good work/life balance (in 152 reviews)

• Great benefits, interesting work throughout most of my time there till recently (in 186 reviews)

Cons
  • Not terribly great at the work/life balance thing even though management claims to be (in 30 reviews)

• Management spends all their time in meetings pleasing upper management to make themselves look good (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights
250 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Cannot Wait to Retire

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsLarge enough company to move around until you find something you really like - pretty decent benefits too. Plus, the company offers excellent back to school benefits.

ConsThe company changed the way they let people know their retention value. It used to be 1,2, or 3 (maybe A, B, and C) and if you were a 3 or a C, you were nervous around layoff time. Now the company is silent about where you rank, and I've seen a ton of older employees head out the door since this policy started. Shame on you...

Advice to Senior ManagementEnforce documented processes, senior management is looking the other way and we are headed down a slippery slope. I've seen other orgs inject their dogma on another org's process and get away with doing that and NOT documenting their process - how does this happen when we all have to take ethics training! WAKE THE F UP Jim, I think you are cowering in your corner and let this happen because you will be old and retired when this spit hits the fan!

Boeing, more of the same.

Flight Line (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsGreat benefits, easy culture, easy work

ConsOld infrastructure, policies, procedures that do not benefit anyone or the bottom line. Death by procedure.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance to the century. The company will not advance. with the old employee mentality

Good place to work

Finance (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsCompany stability, benefits package, diversity of jobs and locations - you can find what you want to do and where if you try hard enough

ConsBureaucratic, political, hierarchical culture. Benefits are good but have declined sharply in the last ~ 5 years. Not on the cutting edge of business/leadership trends.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of old "Theory X" leaders that drive down morale, productivity, and effectiveness. More strategic flow down to middle management and employees. Cut the red tape.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pretty great company to work for if you don't get laid off!

Electician/Mechanic (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsThe pay and benefits are better then decent, you get maxed out after 6 years. The people are very friendly for the most part, you can use sick leave like it's vacation on day's when you don't want to come in, double time on Sundays, pretty good cafeteria's, good competitive ping pong during breaks and lunches, there's day's where you hardly have to work and you get paid the same if you were working hard, make a lot of friends.

ConsThe only thing that's constant is change all the time, not enough vacation time, mandatory weekends, the place can make you a work aholic with all the overtime give you, thankfulness work at times, parking is horrible getting there is half the battle, you walk a ton, lay offs make for uncertain times, it's all about selling the beans, you feel like just a number at times, the training was very stressful almost sickening with what they put you through but once you make it out it's all gravy well except for your first re-cert experience which is very nerve racking as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore time off I don't live to work I work to live so an extra week of vacation a year would be a great place to start when it comes to the next negotiations in 2024.

Design engineering

Design Engineer (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsRelaxing, low stress, and lots of resources when you need help, lastly benefits are nice

ConsEverything works slow, nothing really changes, actual engineering work is out sourced

Advice to Senior ManagementHard to meet with management due to constant meetings, should in courage engagement, innovation, mentorship

Interns treated very well

Supply Chain Analyst Intern (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsIntern Compensation/Benefits
    Work/Life Balance
    First Line Managers Generally Fair and Easy to Work With
    Opportunity to Build a Career

ConsVery Early Mornings! (I'm expected to be in and working by 6)
    Low Full-Time Pay
    HUGE generation gap
    Older Employees Extremely Resistant to Change
    Hostility to College Educated Younger Employees
    4 Years Behind on Technology in Offices

Advice to Senior ManagementA lot of employees are looking to retire and it isn't clear if you guys have a plan for how to deal with it.

Constant change but that keeps one from being complacent.

Technical Designer (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsPride in the quality products they produce. Great work environment with fair pay and good benefits.

ConsA manufacturing business with market fluctuations which result in hire/layoff cycles.
    Can be difficult to get rehired after a prolonged layoff.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork closer with employees on a specific training path that will make them a better contributor to their teem.

Structural Engineering Intern

Structural Engineer Intern (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsFairly easy to maintain a 40 hour work week. A ton of good resources (people and programs). Even as an intern, I had excellent compensation and paid time off.

ConsA big company that acts like a big company. I felt like just a number at times and didn't feel as accomplished because you don't see all sides of a project.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more prepared for new employees. I showed up for my first day and no one knew I was coming so I spent the first few days doing nothing while my accounts were set up.

Dinosaur

Lean Manager (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsCan move around and be involved in different activities

ConsCulture, real values vs. stated values, not open to new blood.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind others like you...

I found it very depressing to work at Boeing.

Integral Fuel Cell Sealer (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsSteady wages, great benefits, some interesting opportunities to do work outside of the normal scope of the job if you want to.

ConsMost people are pretty apathetic, lots of not-so-useful online training, often felt pushed to just make things look right even if they weren't totally compliant.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue engaging with employees and involving them, it's the right road even though out's slow going.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!