Boeing Reviews

Reset
3.5
Boeing CEO Dennis A. Muilenburg
Dennis A. Muilenburg

Pros
  • Best work life balance you will ever find (in 186 reviews)

• This is a huge company that offers many great benefits (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Lip service to work/life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Management spends all their time in meetings pleasing upper management to make themselves look good (in 40 reviews)

2,788 Employee Reviews

1. Featured Review

Best Aerospace company I ever worked for

Pros

I was exposed to many exciting work and career opportunities at Boeing over the years. The people, though, are what make boeing such a great place to work. Best run company I ever worked for (have worked for 10 companies in aerospace, hi-tech, and manufacturing as an engineer). Very enjoyable work atmosphere. Had many group pot-lucks for the holidays. made many friends there. People always go out of their way to help you get your job done. Management very helpful to develop your career and provide other work opportunities to learn other job skills. Flexible work hours, great benefits, great people. Most interesting company culture I was ever exposed to.

Cons

Can be very challenging to get your work done on time. Must work hard/develop good time management skills.

2. IT Intern Review

Pros

My colleagues were great people and I had a lot of fun. The benefits that come with working with the company are amazing.

Cons

Even though the pay isn't the best, the benefits are great. I didn't have the best assignment compared to some other interns.

3. Aircraft Part Planning-Programming

Former Employee - Planning, N/C Part Programming in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Planning, N/C Part Programming in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

It was, and probably still is, a great place to work.

Cons

If you don't like working for a large corporation then this would not be the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep treating employees fairly.

5. Good company. Bad Local Management

Former Employee - Security in West Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Security in West Jordan, UT

I worked at Boeing (More than 3 years)

Pros

great pay and Great benefits

Cons

Becoming too corporate and heartless

Advice to Management

Protect your employees don't bash them at every opportunity

6. Used To Be A Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Technology
    Current Employee - Technology

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Boeing used to be a great place to work. This changed when Boeing decided to purchase a smaller company and roll the Intelligence and Security Division Boeing employees under the small company. Benefits are exceptional. The people are very intelligent and care about the customer mission.

Cons

Small customer program experience can't and doesn't effectively translate to large integrator mindsets. The firm is losing good people due to the changes.

Advice to Management

Remove negative stakeholders. If you really cared about the employee surveys, then you would undertake more than remedial cover-your-backside action.

7. The Company That Brought Me Up

Current Employee - Structural Engineer in Ridley Park, PA
    Current Employee - Structural Engineer in Ridley Park, PA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great collection of sharp minds and a culture that encourages growth and sharing knowledge. The Chinook Program still has exciting projects and great teams. The enterprise is vast, so you can move to a new program and remain under the company umbrella.

Cons

It is a big company, so things move slow, from a corporate ladder perspective. Also, the current performance evaluation structure rates employees compared to other employees; somebody is always rated the worst. This translates to this scenario: an entire team can all equally contribute, but 20 percent has to be rated great, 60 percent rated average, 20 percent are rated below average.

Advice to Management

Evaluate workers individually, not compared to each other and placed in 20-60-20 groups.

8. Manufacturing Manager K

Current Employee - Manufacturing Manager K in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Manager K in Renton, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good benefits, future growth, growing aerospace market.

Cons

Work life balance not valued.

Advice to Management

Negotiate your starting salary.

9. Stable, but doesn't treat you like an IT employee

Current Employee - Systems and Data Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Systems and Data Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable, decent benefits (thought they have declined in recent years) Excellent schedule flexibility depending on work group Virtual 1-2 days a week Decent pay 40 hour week - no mandatory overtime, or if there is you are paid for it.

Cons

The culture sucks. There is literally NO socialization at Boeing. No one ever does anything together, and a large majority of the workforce doesn't bother to go to work social events (Even when they are PAID EVENTS) "Hurry up and wait" is the norm. Age of the workforce is 50+ on average. Sucks for younger people Motivated, determined individuals are compensated identically as people that do nothing People that do nothing dont get fired or laid off in most cases Probably 50% of the population actually works. The rest fiddle fart around all day.

Advice to Management

Learn how to fire people that are poor performers, and/or reward people that are good performers.

10. Big company, but great place to work

I have been working at Boeing full-time

Pros

Although I was new to the company, I felt like my opinions were valued as soon as I started here. Boeing has a huge emphasis on safety and employee well being, and I've never been happier at a job. Plus, the work is meaningful and significant. I'm proud to work here.

Cons

Boeing is a big company, which can slow things down a bit. Change is definitely valued here, but it can be cumbersome to implement it.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees' opinions.

11. Boeing SC is not equal to Boeing as a whole

Pros

Boeing as a whole is a great company to work for. Great benefits, family oriented, building a product to be proud of.

Cons

The SC plant hired many managers who do not carry the Boeing values. Workers are undervalued, treated poorly and not given opprotunities they are given at other sites.

Advice to Management

Break back poorly employee reviewed management and promote those that carry the Boeing value of people first, not #'s and output first.

Showing 2,788 of 2,993 reviews