www.boeing.com

Updated December 15, 2014
2,224 Reviews
3.5
2,224 Reviews

Boeing Chairman, President, and CEO Jim McNerney Jr.
Jim McNerney Jr.

Pros
  • Boeing offers great flexibility to its employees with their work/life balance (in 186 reviews)

• Great benefits, interesting work throughout most of my time there till recently (in 246 reviews)

Cons
  • Not terribly great at the work/life balance thing even though management claims to be (in 44 reviews)

• Management spends all their time in meetings pleasing upper management to make themselves look good (in 40 reviews)

More Highlights

Boeing

I have been working at Boeing full-time

Pros

Pay is competitive, work environment and bennifits are great.

Cons

Not very good job security. Seems to lay off a good bit. It really depends on the location of the Boeing you work for

None

Fantastic company

Current Employee - 737 Engineering Manager Level K in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - 737 Engineering Manager Level K in Renton, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

You have the opportunity to make your work life how you want it to be. It is such a large company, that if you don't like one job, you can proactively find a different one. You work on cutting edge, high-impact projects. Benefits and 401k are fantastic too.

Cons

Like any large company, there is red tape

Explorer's Program

Current Employee - Student Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Student Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Boeing as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunity to network with managers. Tour various departments of Ridley Park site. Exposure to up and coming projects.

Cons

Difficult hiring and selection process for interns/co-ops.

A great place to work

Former Employee - Security in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Security in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good people to work with. Great benefits and pay. Interesting projects and products to work on. Also, many job sites located in very nice areas of the country.

Cons

Employees need to feel better supported and more trusted by managers. If an employee wishes to raise a concern or share an idea for improvements to operations or processes, they should not be subjected to intimidation, fear or retribution.

Reward and recognize more employees often for doing a good job and making improvements to business processes. Be more aware of employees who cause trouble for others or take credit for work other co-workers did. Provide more opportunities for training.

Good

I have been working at Boeing

Pros

Work Life Balance is good. Benefits are not bad.

Cons

political and lots of bureaucracy

Good laidback company, slow movement

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work-life balance, people are very laidback. Benefits are good for engineers, you get overtime pay even though you are salaried and are part of a union.

Cons

Slow movement upwards - even with excellent performance, it seems you really have to "do your time" in the company before moving upwards. All first level management seem to at least be in 30s (with few exceptions), with all levels above that well into 40s or beyond. If you are in your 20s and are very goal oriented, be prepared for the slow pace of Boeing, Additionally, the engineering jobs can be a little too much paper pushing sometimes.

Please provide more opportunities for young, motivated employees to rapidly show their performance and move up!

Loved my engineering job.

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Good people and fun work. Good benefits. Loved my engineering job but Boeing moved my organization to California so will be looking for another job soon. Hope to find next job also with Boeing. Re-Training is very supported.

Cons

Executives visions are not clear. Can destroy expertise, quality and teamwork by transferring work or offloading to other countries to get cheapest labor possible. Recent business model promotes an unstable workforce and insecurity. Destroying unions which balanced profit vs quality of life.

Employ and train more US workers rather than go outside US to keep our economy healthy. Reduce outrageous bonuses and salaries of the higher ups instead of laying people off and reducing benefits when company has difficult times.

Working at Boeing IT

Current Employee - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Overall Boeing is pretty high tech but in many cases is slow to adopt new technology due to its large size. The provide very good benefits, especially medical, plus flexible work schedules and good amount of vacation and sick leave. A wide range of jobs are available in IT.

Cons

IT is viewed as a cost and the continual focus is on reducing that cost. This results in cycles of hiring and layoffs, plus transfer of large parts of the work to contractors.

Honestly put more value on your employees and reduce the bureaucracy.

7 years and counting

I have been working at Boeing full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, including education. I've liked every manager I've had.

Cons

Work-life balance for hourly employees. A lot of "designated" overtime.

Hire more people to preserve the happiness of current employees. A level work load of more employees would avoid some overtime. Reactive instead of proactive environment.

Great company to work for, if you are Okay with old-school work policies and government contracts.

I worked at Boeing full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, OK salary, generally decent leadership. Great benefits, like 401k matching, medical, stock program. You can take credited unvercity courses and company sponsoring the courses fee. Really and I mean it, meaningful projects. So, if you are want to "make an impact", Boeing will give you that opportunity.

Cons

When I said "old-school", it is real of what it is. You will feel, like you are back in 50-70-th. Thick binders with "rules and regulations" that you have to memorize and follow. Many of those R&R are coming from the fact, that most likely, you will be working on some USG contract.

Better selection process for low-level management.