Boeing Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
2,059 Reviews
3.5
2,059 Reviews

Boeing Chairman, President, and CEO Jim McNerney Jr.
Jim McNerney Jr.

Pros
  • Good work-life balance possible in the right job and with solid boundary-setting (in 163 reviews)

• Great benefits, interesting work throughout most of my time there till recently (in 199 reviews)

Cons
  • Not terribly great at the work/life balance thing even though management claims to be (in 37 reviews)

• Management spends all their time in meetings pleasing upper management to make themselves look good (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Engineering Intern

I worked at Boeing

Pros

Good benefits. It pays very well. Charleston was a great city to live in. Everyone was extremely helpful when help was needed.

Cons

Some co-workers relied heavily on others to get jobs done, many mandatory meetings, overtime is sometimes required.

Great Company in Need of Management Renaissance

Current Employee - Procurement Agent III  in  Ridley Park, PA
    Current Employee - Procurement Agent III in Ridley Park, PA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Boeing has great people and great minds that care about the products we sell. It is encouraging to walk into a place that directly impacts thousands of people around the world at any given moment. The pay & benefits are very good, especially if you work hard, and the company is generally very accommodating to work'life balance

Cons

It is very unclear what advancement opportunities exist and management does a poor job of encouraging expanding roles. Upper level management tends to be territorial about resources and it seems fairly childish when viewed against the grand scope of work that we do as a company. Upper level management also handcuffs much of the mid and low level managers with onerous rules and restrictions on authority that make it difficult to achieve success in work in a timely matter.

Cultivate talent beyond the HIPO candidates; offer a vision of career path and future opportunities; clear the "Dead-end" view of certain roles and functions

Boeing is amongst one of the Best companies to work for. I was employed there for over 32 years.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Long Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Competitive pay, good benefits and employee incentives. Good educational program

Cons

Male dominate culture. Need to apart of the "Good Ole Boy" club

Think more in terms of the employees and their ideas and contributions and leave your personal agenda out of the equation.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place for an internship.

Former Employee - IT Intern  in  Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - IT Intern in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Boeing part-time for less than a year

Pros

Boeing gives great relocation packages. They also have great networking opportunities and the ability to tour most of the plans in Puget Sound.

Cons

Boeing does not have a large amount of young people working there. If you are right out of college you will be one of few.

Boeing Australia

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great salary and a chance to work on interesting projects using leading edge technologies. Opportunities to travel and meet people from different divisions.

Cons

Away from Seattle and other large centres career opportunities can be limited. Stress of working on a large project that is constantly behind on all KPIs.

Continue to integrate with US operations

Engineering Intern

Former Employee - Engineer  in  Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Everett, WA

I worked at Boeing as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I worked in the service engineering department. Everyone is very friendly here. The working environment is dynamic and a lot of interactions between my department and other depts.

Cons

The work in service department is not very challenging. The routine work are similar and it quite depends on your work experience and years.

My manager is very good. Although seldom do I have opportunity to really chat with the 4th level manager or up.

Finance Boeing Defense

Current Employee - Business Analyst  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing as an intern for less than a year

Pros

work-life balance is really good and really good for furthering your education. Work with great products

Cons

business operations is slower than other larger companies. Work can be very redundant.

Boeing is a great company to work for

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Huntington Beach, CA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

This is a huge company that offers many great benefits. There are many great perks that other companies of smalle size dont offer. For example: many job opportunities, reward incentive program, and low health care costs.

Cons

I cant think of anything bad to say about Boeing. I would like to work here for another 20 years if I could.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Project Management Specialist V  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Project Management Specialist V in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Competitive salary, matched 401K, incentive bonuses, cash awards for performance and great benefits package.

Cons

While pay raises are consistent, upgrades (promotions) can be slower for non-union salary employees. They do however recognize performance lots of opportunity for growth and advancement.

Hold to the Boeing values. This is the greatest aerospace company in the world for a reason.

Great company to work for and gain experience.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Renton, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible schedules, decent (not great but decent) pay and better than average benefits. Quality of coworkers generally very high.

Cons

You are just a number to upper management, but that's true of anywhere. Layoffs are expected, not a matter of if but when. Top talent routinely lost to better paying companies.

Your best talent knows it's worth more than you will pay them, that's why they keep leaving. You need to take action to stem the tide of talent and knowledge irrecoverably lost.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!