Boeing Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
2,024 Reviews
3.5
2,024 Reviews

Boeing Chairman, President, and CEO Jim McNerney Jr.
Jim McNerney Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work schedules usually allow for a good work/life balance (in 152 reviews)

• Great benefits, interesting work throughout most of my time there till recently (in 186 reviews)

Cons
  • Not terribly great at the work/life balance thing even though management claims to be (in 30 reviews)

• Management spends all their time in meetings pleasing upper management to make themselves look good (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights

nice place to work. management does a great job

Current Employee - Assembly Mechanic  in  North Charleston, SC
    Current Employee - Assembly Mechanic in North Charleston, SC

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros

jobs are simple to do

Cons

the walk to the buildings are long. at least a quarter mile walk

double check on the leads, some don't know how to lead

Great place to do an internship

Current Employee - Intern  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Intern in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great program set up for interns. You get the chance to see things only Boeing employees see and get to be very engaging on your team. Flexible hours are also a plus

Cons

Depends on your team. Im sure each varies greatly. As for me, the only con was being alone a lot. Summer is when most employees take vacations, so my mentors were frequnetly gone. They gave me a list of my tasks and let me go at it alone.

It's a job

Former Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging, interesting projects. Great benefits and an excellent team environment. There are a lot of opportunities for learning more things every day.

Cons

It is a huge company. Sometimes it is hard to feel like you contributed much because you can't see the whole picture.

Be more prepared for new employees. I showed up for my first day and no one knew I was coming so I spent the first few days doing nothing while my accounts were set up.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rewarding but expansive company environment

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer III  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineer III in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It's an exciting career working in Aerospace. There's something special about seeing what you work hard on every day getting airborne. You can easily spend your whole career here, with lots of opportunities to move around laterally.

Cons

Upper management can often be distant and constantly pushing cost cutting measures, so projects get cut and expectations can be very high. (it's not a con, but just be ready to work hard and put in overtime on the shop floor)

Career enhancing capabilities are available.

Former Employee - Production  in  Midwest City, OK
    Former Employee - Production in Midwest City, OK

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Friendly work atmosphere with good salary, employee incentives, and benefits

Cons

Can be very stressful due to project demands and lack of one company standards.

Need a true one company standard.

stable and flexible

Current Employee - Finance Analyst  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Boeing has very good benefits. They let finance employees rotate around, which is good, but lately, they have put the clamps down and slowed the rotations.

Cons

I think they underpay. It's hard to get promotions and raises. It seems to me like seniority is valued over results.

Promote younger talent. Talk more with your younger talent. Provide more opportunities for younger talent to shine.

Design Engineer

Current Employee - Design Engineer  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

no one cares. great places for lazy people who simply want to work and die.

Cons

horrible management and union.

enough of all the ethics training when non of the managers have any ounce of ethics.

Good benefits, untrained management. Going downhill

Former Employee - Data Analyst  in  Seal Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Data Analyst in Seal Beach, CA

I worked at Boeing full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Only Pro is that it has good benefits.
    If you are young then just keep moving on to better things. Looks good on the resume is all I can say.

Cons

Exemplifies that leadership is the way to go but provides no help to employees to become leaders.
    Used to be a great place to work but recent layoffs, telecommuting cutoff, and poorly trained managers are driving good skilled people out of the company. A lot of workplace politics involved here.
    Company culture is depressing if you are new to the workforce and looking for growth.
    Longer you stay here the less creative you will get.

Hire better managers that understand their employees. Appreciate and value the employees instead of treating them like slaves. What is left of the company if good talent is laid off or driven out of the company due to lack of motivation.

Working at Boeing

Current Employee - Design & Integration Specialist  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Design & Integration Specialist in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Boeing is a really big company with opportunities to move between roles, completely change careers, or move geographically worldwide. You can achieve a good work-life balance with little fuss. There are also still pockets of really interesting things going on in multiple technology spaces. If you are starting your career it can be a good place to get some experience

Cons

Leadership at Boeing seems to care more about money than anything else. To the point where they are making short term decisions regardless of the long term damage of those decisions. Moral is pretty low right now and I don’t see any near-term change in that state. The retention rate of those under 30 is pretty abysmal.
    If you are a mid-career professional in the IT space, Boeing is probably not a good fit for you right now. There just is not a lot of opportunity for advancement at the moment.

Be proactive in retaining your best employees. Waiting until they have an offer from another group or another company to promote them or provide some other incentive is waiting until it is too late.

Maybe after leadership change and subsequent overhaul?

Current Employee - Quality Engineer  in  Everett, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Everett, WA

I have been working at Boeing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Wages standard for industry, Large company with varied opportunities for growth.

Cons

Bean counting management, disconnected chain of command, many shops suffering from low morale. Red tape and useless warm and fuzzy ideas empty of actual content. Poor management leads to long hours disrupting work\ life balance.

Focus should be more on teamwork, and morale. Listen to your employees. This was once a truly great company. Weed out, or stop implementing McDonnell Douglas business model(s)

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!