Boeing

www.boeing.com

Boeing Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2014

3.5 1,909 reviews

Boeing Chairman, President, and CEO Jim McNerney Jr.

Jim McNerney Jr.

Pros
  • Flexible work schedules usually allow for a good work/life balance (in 152 reviews)

• Great benefits, interesting work throughout most of my time there till recently (in 186 reviews)

Cons
  • Not terribly great at the work/life balance thing even though management claims to be (in 30 reviews)

• Management spends all their time in meetings pleasing upper management to make themselves look good (in 32 reviews)

More Highlights
1,909 Employee Reviews

Old timers are being shoved out the door

Facilities Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsLong hours, camaraderie amongst teams

ConsA young person company, older workers are being shoved aside, raises capped, non existent forcing folks to leave, reducing benefits, not the company it was when folks first hired on.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about long term not near term, shortly company will have forced the older folks out the door and the ones running the place will have very limited experience.

Dinosaur

Lean Manager (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsCan move around and be involved in different activities

ConsCulture, real values vs. stated values, not open to new blood.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind others like you...

26 year career until new manager hired. ,

Project Management Specialist (Former Employee) Huntington Beach, CA

ProsGreat benefits and compensation. Nice to work with a great group of individuals.

ConsInexperienced managers in technical roles. Favoritism to employees that don't even care to get the job done and don't live up to the company values! Employee falsify time and management does not reprimanded these employees. Displayed unethical treatment, never managed growing workload. Horrible manager!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more involved in layoff proceedings. Make sure the right people are subjected to this process. Please use the employee survey as a tool to get rid of the horrible managers that are representing the company! Upper management was aware of all the wrongdoings.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

depressing

Software Engineer (Former Employee) South Seattle, WA

ProsThe work can be very interesting

Consancient processes and tools, if they exist. Non-technical management.

Not the Boeing you think you knew.

Functional Analyst (Current Employee) South Seattle, WA

ProsDecent pay for the work you do. The pride of knowing millions of people a day use the products and services your company produces.

ConsConstant threat of losing your job, constant reduction of benefits, blatant age discrimination even if you are in your mid thirties.

The company has a lot to offer, but it has its drawbacks

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsBoeing pays pretty good and has great benefits such as vacation time, sick leave, 401K, dental and medial etc.

ConsNot a stable company to work for and promotions are difficult to get if you are a common worker. I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management, paid for by Boeing, yet I was laid-off before I ever had the opportunity to use my new skills with Boeing.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen thinking of advancement of your employees, don't forget the little guy. They have dreams too.

I found it very depressing to work at Boeing.

Integral Fuel Cell Sealer (Former Employee) Everett, WA

ProsSteady wages, great benefits, some interesting opportunities to do work outside of the normal scope of the job if you want to.

ConsMost people are pretty apathetic, lots of not-so-useful online training, often felt pushed to just make things look right even if they weren't totally compliant.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue engaging with employees and involving them, it's the right road even though out's slow going.

Great place for experience

Office Administrator (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat people, great work, great experience. I worked with the best IT people anywhere, and hope to be able to find another group like that.

ConsCulture of doom--layoffs are frequent and regular, so don't be too quick to buy that new car. Anyone is at risk, for the most part, although some more at risk than others. It was great, but I wouldn't wait to get recalled, either.

Advice to Senior ManagementHow about trying to keep your good people and not laying them off all the time? Kind of like all that ethics training employes have to take so the upper management can feel good about ethics violations.

Good company that needs improvement

Design and Analysis Engineer (Current Employee) Renton, WA

ProsThere are many career paths available that span multiple disciplines. The workforce is very diverse and the products we work on are interesting.

ConsThere is a obvious lack of leadership. All the tenants of good leadership are not followed. One big area where Boeing falls short is recognizing and rewarding strong performers. There is a tendency to marginalize employee performance and this adds frustration and zaps enthusiasm.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach at all levels and pay employees what they are worth.

Enduring 10 years slow cultural change, need to accelerate, HR is the organization most resistant to change.

Quality Manager (Current Employee) Everett, WA

ProsSuper benefits package for all demographic groups of employees. Very competitive salary plans. Company pays for multiple degrees and certifications per employee. Large portion of employees can retire over next 5 years allowing a new workforce generation to bring their talents to the business.

ConsWorkforce is old and gray. majority of managers (career Boeing) are stuck in theory X leadership, don't know how to use the talent on their teams and continue to do the same things and expect different results.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe courageous and invest some time asking 'What' to newer employees. Challenge the status quo and build the next generation of leaders.

Worked for Boeing? Contribute to the Community!