Boingo Reviews

Go Boingo

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Boingo full-time

Pros

When I first started here a few years back it was a bit crazy and unorganized, as the years progress I have noticed much improvements from from every level. Boingo is a great place to be at with lots to learn and intelligent people to learn from. If you're a network engineer this is an awesome opportunity for you to learn new thing s and hone your existing skills. There are many aspects that makes this company great but i can only attest to the technical side of things. Management has been on a roll as of late, executing all the right moves. There is definitively room to grow here. Boingo has not only improved aesthetically by moving to the penthouse and increasing overall work space but they actually listen to their employees. One might be wondering if this is such a great place why did I leave? I left for personal reasons which had nothing to do with the company. It meant a lot to me that when management became aware of my departure, that they did everything in their power to get me to stay. I have been in this field for almost 20 years and this is the first company I would not mind working for again.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Assess what you have been doing the past year and repeat it for the following years to come

2. Boingo review

I have been working at Boingo full-time

Pros

Great company culture with lots of fun events. High growth and innovative company that knows how to re-route business structure in an ever-changing industry.

Cons

Long hours means work life balance can be a struggle.

Advice to Management

Create more layers of staff and management to alleviate pressure from high growth.

3. Sales Operation Manager... I Deserve Better

Current Employee - Sales Operation Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Operation Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Boingo (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Company is in Los Angeles and my girlfriend works here.

Cons

My girlfriend and I come from the best college in the country and are beyond underpaid and under minded. Upper management has no clue what is going on and is not open to any suggestions. I work way too much and theyre company activities are pretty lame. This company acts like a wanna be Google, but be real we aren't Google.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to open up to suggestions. My position and the feild marketing manager position should be paid more and up to industry standards. Come on guys Living in Los Angeles isn't cheap. Dave, Boingo isn't Google. Try to be more original.

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Boingo full-time

Pros

I've felt like part of the team since Day 1. The culture is lively and friendly, and there is a conscious effort from management to make Boingo a fun, comfortable place to work. Lots of great perks including cool new standing work stations, and meals brought in for the employees are frequent. Upper management feels accessible, and if I had a great idea I wanted to run by them, I know they'd make time to hear it. When I've asked other departments for help, I feel supported. I feel like I moved the needle everyday when I leave work.

Cons

It's hard to complain! Our workspace was previously a little tight, but we just moved into a new office a few months ago.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Thanks for making Boingo a great place to work.

6. Boingo is the place to work!

I have been working at Boingo full-time

Pros

Great company to work at. I have never worked with so many GREAT people. The folks I work with are very Eclectic. Boingo also has a belief that if you hire smart people you can teach them great things! They really stand behind this and allow for creativity, ideas and change. Boingo has the feel of a startup, by always making things better. Upper management really cares about its employees to the extent that they have provided phone booths for our privacy needs, food in the kitchen to feed us all of the time, games and activities (i.e. Pool table, video game machines), gym memberships paid for, etc., etc., Boingo is a company that makes you want to come to work each day!

Cons

Not much to say as a con, except maybe that there is unlimited vacation....NOT!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Director, Digital Sales - West

Pros

I really enjoy coming to work everyday. Boingo has the BEST culture and working environment, and the energy here is motivational and positive. The benefits are the best I've ever received from a company, and the HR department always plans fun events, with a free lunch at least once a week. From a sales standpoint, the trust and hands off management is great! I feel like my boss is a friend and there if I need anything. The entire team is very professional and buttoned up, yet helpful for any new people that join the company.

Cons

Sometimes unlimited vacation days can lead to not taking them

8. Good place to work at

Former Employee - Engineer in Westwood, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Westwood, CA

I worked at Boingo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relax culture Lots of food Friendly people Work life balance Great benefits

Cons

Can be too relaxed at times Not many growth opportunities Management needs more focus

Advice to Management

Need to recognize the people who do the actual work and get more strategic focus. Company seems to be little bit in maintainance mode.

9. Great place to work !

Pros

Great looking new work place and few of the Engineers are really smart. Benefits are also standard to the Industry. Free breakfast and lunch at least two days a week and free beverages. Had a chance to work on really cool technologies and solutions.

Cons

Few positions involve extensive traveling and needs some improvement on work life balance. Unlimited vacation mostly does not work in favor of the employees.

Advice to Management

Focus should be more on integration and communication between teams/units.

One of the best places to be in the tech industry.

Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Boingo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Boingo just moved to a gorgeous new office with all the amenities, but that is only the icing on the cake. Even before that, it was a pleasure to work here. The people at this company have a lot of respect for each other. This goes for not only the rank and file employees but upper management as well (I've learned it must come from the top down that way). All the C-level folks I work with are accessible, friendly, start their meetings on time, and are generous with praise when deserved. These might seem like small things, but they matter, and it filters down throughout the company. Boingo is an important tech player, albeit one that is not always known by name. Boingo provides Wi-Fi to the public in places like airports, stadiums, cafés, hotels, etc., for free, as well as on a paid-basis for higher-tier connections. They also play an important role behind the scenes, making sure that Wi-Fi is always flowing in public places throughout the world. It's an exciting place to be, given that the Internet of Things promises to bring Wi-Fi into our lives from every direction. So good people and exciting projects - it's what I've wanted from my working world and it's in plentiful supply at Boingo.

Cons

Not as high-profile as other tech companies.

Great Company With Great People!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westwood, CA

I have been working at Boingo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a company that walks the walk and talks the talk. From the CEO down, people are smart, innovative, considerate, thoughtful, solution-oriented and team focused. The new offices are spectacular with amazing views and wonderful work spaces. There's good benefits including gym and phone reimbursement and snacks galore. The location in Westwood is great. It's centrally located and there are all kinds of restaurants in the neighborhood. I really like it here and proud to work at a company that is driven to make connectivity accessible throughout the world. Wi-Fi is important and so are the things we are making and selling at Boingo.

Cons

None of any significance. But since i need to provide one, how about if you arrive by 9a, you need to drive to floor 6 or 7 of the parking garage to get a space. But on the other hand, parking is free!

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! You are doing a fine job.

RSS Feed </> Embed