Bojangles'
www.bojangles.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Bojangles' Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Randy Kibler

Pros:
  • "free food, breaks, there isn't really much to expect from a job of this nature"
    in 4 reviews
  • "good pay, free employee meals, good at a steady schedule"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "upper management always micromanaging and criticizing"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Long hours, they tell you 50 hour work week when it's really 60-70 hours for co-manager, 70-85 hours for Unit Director"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMet some pretty cool people, enjoyed working headset at drive-thru and free food was always nice.

ConsManagement was kinda of bad, sat back and let everyone else do all the work and some of the customers got tiresome to deal with.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo more work and help out your employees

Things were Very chaotic at the time.

Front Line/Cashier (Former Employee)
    Chattanooga, TN

ProsThis is a good starter job for teens.

ConsIt was kind of unorganized at the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management should be Better organizers.

Nice Customers, Mean Managers

Front Line/Cashier (Current Employee)
    Winder, GA

Prosthe customers are nice, some will joke around with you. some employees are nice.

ConsManagment will roll their eyes at you if you ask a question also they play favorites. other employees expect you to know things you were never taught. They will also cut your hours without explaining why.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't play favorites, treat even the lowest employees with respect. Also instead of yelling at me to work faster why not come see if i need help with these 9 orders i'm trying to fill.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Bully Manager

Lobby Worker (Former Employee)
    Goldsboro, NC

ProsI think the only pro's that I have experienced where the ones with the customer's themselves. I was hired to learn a front line/cashier position... but they found out I was really good with people so they transferred me to the lobby. My training consist of reading from their catalog for about 10 minutes and then I was on my own.

ConsCons in my experience consist of lobby experience so here it goes.... They only hire one person for lobby. One for day and one for the night shift. There is no teamwork for lobby workers what so ever even though the teamwork in the kitchen/front line is good.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management would be, don't degrade your employee's, roll your eyes at them when you didn't teach them in the first place, and to not degrade and yell at them in front of customers in the lobby and co workers. I think the "management" needs help. Very much so.

Not impressed with the way they handle training and advancement techniques.

Biscuit Maker (Former Employee)
    Nashville, NC

ProsThe teams generally work well together and assist one another readily without prompting from management.

ConsThey act as if you must work on your day off if they are short handed.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow those who do come in on day off to help out, keep the extra hours regardless of whether it takes them beyond the hours limited for non-salaried employee's.

My Experience working at Bojangles

Part Time Employee (Former Employee)

Pros50% of Employee Meals, Still gave paper checks and clean

ConsIt could of been the particular Bojangles I worked at, But
    1. I got hired almost a month after the very 1st interview
    2. When I had the interview I know the manager from 13 years ago from a previous job I had
    3. It's very fast paced and I was not told about a food safety test until I was suppose to get on the schedule it pushed me another week back in the hole
    4. T hey make everything from scratch so the manager on my first day noticed that I wasn't afraid to touch raw chicken so she had my season the chicken
    5.On my 1st day she put me with a young man bout 19 and she kept joking him for 3hrs about how he couldn't make biscuits.
    4. So to me the biscuits is like science & math it probably would have been better for me to read the directions then to listen or watch the boss make them. You have to be fast but it is a process.
    5. No hot glove, the oven is very hot & they use a rag to get it out.
    6. On my 2nd day My boss was still trying to show me out to make the biscuits and I noticed she become very touchy, She didn't really have any real patience as far as understanding that I am here to work & willing to help you out. She told some guys after being in the front "Why isn't this stuff done, Ain't that what I pay you for?" In a loud harsh tone So while she was showing me the biscuits she pushed me with her shoulder on my shoulder instead of saying excuse me, So I told her " I'm not trying to be funny but please don't push me"
    Her whole outlook changed on me, She took it very personal & said no 1 ever told me that before" Later calls me in the office and says that I basically was lying and she didn't think Bojangles was the right job for me.
    7.On my 4th day she only put me on the schedule for 1 day from 5-8 then I'd be off for 5 days.I almost walked out when I saw that but I still wanted to try.
    8.On my 4th day she put me on the biscuits again, they still were not right so the DM was there and he came back to the biscuit area and says "It looks like a disaster over there, The dough is size of a basketball, it's no timer on the biscuits, (& it was somebody who told me not to worry about it just make the biscuits didn't hear it so I turned it off and got a rag) Then he steps towards me and says "What's the Matter with you? You not focus or something" By then I took off the apron and told him "You can have this job man"

Great First Job!

Crew Member (Former Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsNice pay, I started with 7.25 and in 3 months I was making 7.55! Nice for a first time job.

ConsSometimes they were a little short staffed especially during rush hours but it was still manageable.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should really think about putting more people to work during the evening shifts. We were always short staffed.

System of Madness

General Manager (Former Employee)
    Greenville, NC

ProsWonderful dine-in customers visit daily.
    Bonus program paid quaterly

ConsLow raises
    Don't care about employees'
    Long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is a great benefit of investing in people. Caring about only numbers make everything you accomplish hollow.

Stressful and Strict.

Charlotte, NC

ProsBojangles is a great way to expand customer service skills, and also Build a professional outlook on fast food.

ConsWorking in a small space can be frustrating. Manager can be unprofessional and let their emotions and personal issues come in the way of his/her and your job.

Not a restaurant professionals type of job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGrowing company, Great people at the support center. This company has so much potential and could be a great one to work for.

ConsLow pay no matter what your experience level. Promotes those with poor leadership skills. Mgt turnover is ridiculous. Employee feedback is not encouraged or desired. Stops short of becoming a hostile work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou get what you pay for . The UD level of management is the backbone of your business, and the promote from within concept is not working for you.

Worked for Bojangles'? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bojangles' reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bojangles' CEO Randy Kibler. All 70 reviews posted anonymously by Bojangles' employees.