Bojangles' Reviews

Updated August 28, 2014
Updated August 28, 2014

3.1

Clifton Rutledge

Pros
  • Met some pretty cool people, enjoyed working headset at drive-thru and free food was always nice (in 5 reviews)

• good pay, free employee meals, good at a steady schedule (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, they tell you 50 hour work week when it's really 60-70 hours for co-manager, 70-85 hours for Unit Director (in 4 reviews)

• upper management always micromanaging and criticizing (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Things were Very chaotic at the time.

Former Employee - Front Line/Cashier  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Front Line/Cashier in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Bojangles' full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a good starter job for teens.

Cons

It was kind of unorganized at the time.

I think management should be Better organizers.

My Experience working at Bojangles

Former Employee - Part Time Employee
    Former Employee - Part Time Employee

I worked at Bojangles' part-time for less than a year

Pros

50% of Employee Meals, Still gave paper checks and clean

Cons

It could of been the particular Bojangles I worked at, But
    1. I got hired almost a month after the very 1st interview
    2. When I had the interview I know the manager from 13 years ago from a previous job I had
    3. It's very fast paced and I was not told about a food safety test until I was suppose to get on the schedule it pushed me another week back in the hole
    4. T hey make everything from scratch so the manager on my first day noticed that I wasn't afraid to touch raw chicken so she had my season the chicken
    5.On my 1st day she put me with a young man bout 19 and she kept joking him for 3hrs about how he couldn't make biscuits.
    4. So to me the biscuits is like science & math it probably would have been better for me to read the directions then to listen or watch the boss make them. You have to be fast but it is a process.
    5. No hot glove, the oven is very hot & they use a rag to get it out.
    6. On my 2nd day My boss was still trying to show me out to make the biscuits and I noticed she become very touchy, She didn't really have any real patience as far as understanding that I am here to work & willing to help you out. She told some guys after being in the front "Why isn't this stuff done, Ain't that what I pay you for?" In a loud harsh tone So while she was showing me the biscuits she pushed me with her shoulder on my shoulder instead of saying excuse me, So I told her " I'm not trying to be funny but please don't push me"
    Her whole outlook changed on me, She took it very personal & said no 1 ever told me that before" Later calls me in the office and says that I basically was lying and she didn't think Bojangles was the right job for me.
    7.On my 4th day she only put me on the schedule for 1 day from 5-8 then I'd be off for 5 days.I almost walked out when I saw that but I still wanted to try.
    8.On my 4th day she put me on the biscuits again, they still were not right so the DM was there and he came back to the biscuit area and says "It looks like a disaster over there, The dough is size of a basketball, it's no timer on the biscuits, (& it was somebody who told me not to worry about it just make the biscuits didn't hear it so I turned it off and got a rag) Then he steps towards me and says "What's the Matter with you? You not focus or something" By then I took off the apron and told him "You can have this job man"

Ok

I worked at Bojangles' part-time

Pros

Met some pretty cool people, enjoyed working headset at drive-thru and free food was always nice.

Cons

Management was kinda of bad, sat back and let everyone else do all the work and some of the customers got tiresome to deal with.

Do more work and help out your employees

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Nice Customers, Mean Managers

Current Employee - Front Line/Cashier  in  Winder, GA
    Current Employee - Front Line/Cashier in Winder, GA

I have been working at Bojangles' part-time for less than a year

Pros

the customers are nice, some will joke around with you. some employees are nice.

Cons

Managment will roll their eyes at you if you ask a question also they play favorites. other employees expect you to know things you were never taught. They will also cut your hours without explaining why.

Don't play favorites, treat even the lowest employees with respect. Also instead of yelling at me to work faster why not come see if i need help with these 9 orders i'm trying to fill.

Bully Manager

Former Employee - Lobby Worker  in  Goldsboro, NC
    Former Employee - Lobby Worker in Goldsboro, NC

I worked at Bojangles' part-time for less than a year

Pros

I think the only pro's that I have experienced where the ones with the customer's themselves. I was hired to learn a front line/cashier position... but they found out I was really good with people so they transferred me to the lobby. My training consist of reading from their catalog for about 10 minutes and then I was on my own.

Cons

Cons in my experience consist of lobby experience so here it goes.... They only hire one person for lobby. One for day and one for the night shift. There is no teamwork for lobby workers what so ever even though the teamwork in the kitchen/front line is good.

My advice to management would be, don't degrade your employee's, roll your eyes at them when you didn't teach them in the first place, and to not degrade and yell at them in front of customers in the lobby and co workers. I think the "management" needs help. Very much so.

Not impressed with the way they handle training and advancement techniques.

Former Employee - Biscuit Maker  in  Nashville, NC
    Former Employee - Biscuit Maker in Nashville, NC

I worked at Bojangles' full-time for less than a year

Pros

The teams generally work well together and assist one another readily without prompting from management.

Cons

They act as if you must work on your day off if they are short handed.

Allow those who do come in on day off to help out, keep the extra hours regardless of whether it takes them beyond the hours limited for non-salaried employee's.

Great First Job!

Former Employee - Crew Member  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Winston-Salem, NC

I worked at Bojangles' part-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice pay, I started with 7.25 and in 3 months I was making 7.55! Nice for a first time job.

Cons

Sometimes they were a little short staffed especially during rush hours but it was still manageable.

You should really think about putting more people to work during the evening shifts. We were always short staffed.

System of Madness

Former Employee - General Manager  in  Greenville, NC
    Former Employee - General Manager in Greenville, NC

I worked at Bojangles' full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Wonderful dine-in customers visit daily.
    Bonus program paid quaterly

Cons

Low raises
    Don't care about employees'
    Long hours

There is a great benefit of investing in people. Caring about only numbers make everything you accomplish hollow.

Stressful and Strict.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Bojangles' part-time for less than a year

Pros

Bojangles is a great way to expand customer service skills, and also Build a professional outlook on fast food.

Cons

Working in a small space can be frustrating. Manager can be unprofessional and let their emotions and personal issues come in the way of his/her and your job.

my experience at bojangles welcome nc is that they don't practice what they preach, nothing I was told was proven true

Current Employee - Biscuitmaker  in  Welcome, NC
    Current Employee - Biscuitmaker in Welcome, NC

I have been working at Bojangles' part-time for less than a year

Pros

training is probably sufficient if you already have some knowledge of what you're doing

Cons

i'm 61, worked all my life, but never treated anywhere like I've been treated here(welcome nc). I was told 20 plus hrs (3/21/14) and most I've gotten was 17 (once). A mgr-in-training caused me to trip and fall,only missed 1 day and my hrs are cut even more (3 days=11 hrs). my mgr told me she won't give me any more. Another mgr is always yelling at me.in front of everyone. I do what i'm told anywhere I've ever worked but here there is no pleasing anyone. awe had a meeting and was told no matter how a mgr speaks to us we are not to say anything and that out unit director will always have they're back and if we don't like it we can leave. I mean what is that? You have kids working and running the place and older people being the whipping boy. You have 3 people about my age, 1 has been there forever and director knew her before, and that mgr has a cousin working there and 1 lady who is working parttime and she hates it. I know it probably doesn't matter but I won't be going back, I need to pay my bills. That was the only money I have coming in and I live alone.

unit director and most mgrs. need training in how to treat people EQUALLY. Mandy and Tameka are the best you have there. They should be over training. They also need to talk without raising they're voices and berating people in front of employees. Oh and they need to be more careful about bad-mouthing people where all can hear it, especially in they're positions.

Worked for Bojangles'? Contribute to the Community!