Bombardier Aerospace

Bombardier Aerospace Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Bombardier Aerospace President & CEO Pierre Beaudoin

Pierre Beaudoin

Pros
  • The company pushes the envelope on work life balance and they work with employees with Flexible schedules (in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits, very polite environment, proud to be Canadian (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • lack of technical methodologies and basic resources for doing decent engineering work (in 3 reviews)

• Work/life balance talked about but difficult to achieve (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Bombardier Aerospace has a lot to offer in terms of advancement and relocation.

Engineer (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsThe company makes great products and relocating to different states or countries is definitely an option after the first year.

ConsHuman resources department seems to be getting more and more corrupt throughout the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart hiring people based on ability not based on them being your friend or not.

Challenging, long hours, poorly managed

Methods Engineer (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsGreat cafe, cool people, private air shuttle to and from international locations

ConsPoor management, no training, long walk from parking

A comedy of errors.

Technical Integrator (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsLoved the people who work here. Developed many lasting professional relationships as well as friendships. Compensation was competitive.

ConsMany developmental errors in the program that cascaded down in the later stages of product development. A very difficult and stressful environment to work in. Due to the continual major design changes in the program, your best effort often felt squandered.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

challenging work environment with opportunities to learn and broaden experience

Prosglobal company with opportunities for those that are mobile, good organizational effort to create a cohesive culture across all the different locations and business units

Conslack of leadership skills in all levels of management, global expansion is poorly supported by administration and HR, fire fighting mode is standard procedure

Great company overall.

Aircraft Mechanic A&P (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

Pros-3 weeks paid vacation time. Ability to use as you please (depending on supervisor)
    -Very friendly environment
    -Bonus incentives
    -Company provides lunch a few times per year

Cons-Money is currently tight. No employees received a raise (2014)
    -Took away college tuition reimbursement. I had already signed up and partially paid. Was never brought up on any meetings this was going away.
    -Tooling and equipment is in short supply.
    -Factory training on aircraft is in short supply due to budget cuts.

Advice to Senior Management-Bring back tuition reimbursement (big hit to me and others)
    -Shake up the crews, people are getting to complacent and territorial.

A great place to work if you like roller coaster rides.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsProvides a fair benefit package. Decent income replacement programs. Accrued Vacation

ConsDeteriorating pay & growth opportunities. Layoffs. Good workers are overburdened & stressed. Company doesn't value loyalty & good work ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop waste. Be clear what you want. Share profits.

LearJet--Has Issues but its Improving

Manufacturing Engineering (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsGreat People!!!! Company is working on the cutting edge of a new technology and because of that, there are many areas that can be improved. Bombardier is moving in the right direction (with the products) but because of a struggling economy their management had to make a lot of tough decisions like letting people go. I was laid off at the end of 2013 but I would go back and work there if I had the opportunity.

ConsToo much Work was being outsourced to Mexico, bring the jobs back to the US.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring the work back to the US!!!!

A lot of good times and experience, really miss the place.

Project and Program Management (Former Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsGreat product, beautiful airplane, benefits, pay. Nice and improving facility, clean, great work balance.

ConsPerception from other department personnel was that our leaders had no clue on what they were doing. We were divided into two groups that never communicated. If you weren't in the "click" you were inferior.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would just suggest the old saying "all glitter ain't gold". Value your senior employees.

Intern/Co-Op

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery good work. Extremely helpful employees

ConsMiddle Management needs to have a clear long term picture of the job

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your middle management

Good Company with great future potential

SAP Applications Specialist (Current Employee) Wichita, KS

ProsBest benefits and work-life balance. Good working conditions

ConsLarge multi national company slow to move ahead with projects.

Worked for Bombardier Aerospace? Contribute to the Community!