Bombardier Reviews

Updated August 6, 2015
23 reviews filtered by
  • Montreal, QC, Canada Area (Canada)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
4.2
Bombardier President & CEO Alain Bellemare
Alain Bellemare

A great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Bombardier (More than 10 years)

Pros

Despite the difficulties of fostering huge development programs throught difficult economic challenges, the company is clearly committed to its business and its employees.

Cons

The realities of the business, the marketplace and the economy create an uncertainty in the general business environment. It's tough to deal with sometimes, but the people deal with it as a team.

2. working for bombardier aerospace

Current Employee - Senior Engineering Technologist in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineering Technologist in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Bombardier full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

good pace to work ..good people and challenging job. I was working from year 2000 to end of 2005 as quality agent . Great job and big challenge. I cam back in 2009 and presently I work as Liaison MRB eng. Excellent job a lot of challenge but proud seeing a Global delivered to customer.

Cons

Human resorce ( HR ) dept is kind of lost dont feel any human except the word human in the title.

Advice to Management

lisent to the poeple

3. Big companies have pros and cons

Current Employee - Section Chief, Engineering in Dorval, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Section Chief, Engineering in Dorval, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Bombardier full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Canadian success story with long term vision - Process oriented - Builds complex, great works of engineering - Customer service oriented

Cons

- The worst IT organization and support imaginable - HR Hiring process is backwards with lengthy and bureaucratic process resulting in losing good candidates and frustrating hiring managers - Not the highest payer in terms of salaries - Not very flexible for work-life balance (work from home, part time,.. options not available) - Has issues retaining great talent due to lack of career progression and development options - The bonus payment and no-over time payment policy has caused a lot of resentment and disengagement from hard working employees

Advice to Management

- Fix the IT infrastructure and HR processes to improve productivity of your employees and gain the best talent - Allow for employee training and team building events to gain back the employee engagement that has been lost in the bast few years - Reduce bureaucracy and waste

5. Great work enviroment

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Dorval, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Dorval, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Bombardier full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Motivational work, great experience, driven people, experienced employs and fast paced work environment

Cons

lack of manpower and also instabilities in reduction of employs. feeling of being always at risk of losing ones job

Advice to Management

be more transparent in reduction of manpower strategies and in workload.

6. Ups and downs

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Bombardier full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Lots of very qualified people work there. They are usually very good at what they do. - Very good conditions for employees. - Very diversified work.

Cons

- Some of the top management are technical people who have gotten promoted and not managers. - Work mandate isn't always clear and changes frequently.

Advice to Management

I believe it would be best to hire management qualified personnel for decision making and let the technical people take technical decisions. Also, change implementation is long, once you make a decision, give it time to take effect before changing it again.

7. Great long Career

Current Employee - Human Resources in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Bombardier (More than 10 years)

Pros

Worked there for 14 years, had a great career with mostly great bosses that let you take your own path while guiding you to make sure you dont get lost. Had 2 promotions, 5 different jobs, 4 bosses.

Cons

Although the company is going through tough times, it will pull through no doubt due to responsible decision making. There is some instability and internally not always fun to live within cost containment.

Advice to Management

Keep being responsible, make good business decisions and move to our next level of growth...

8. Best of the best!

Current Employee - Warranty Soft Goods Specialist/Warranty Systems Analyst in Dorval, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Bombardier full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome working conditions, great rating system, a lot of motivation and dedication to this company. work environment is both exciting and rewarding. I will be happy to work my way up within Bombardier for the rest of my carreer. I already made a step up after 4 years of service.

Cons

You need to dedicate a LOT of hours to grow within the company.

Advice to Management

My management is absolutely best in class. A perfect role model for my career.

9. Poor Management

Current Employee - Material Logistic Agent in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Material Logistic Agent in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Bombardier full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Beautiful product. Descent benefits. Some amazing dedicated and loyal employees.

Cons

It WAS a great company to work for but unfortunately it has once again become "top heavy" (too many at management level). It was becoming very difficult to do the job that we were tasked to do (support production line) due to incompetent management, lack of work force, lack of tools and little attention paid to opinions of employees. Difficult to have a good family live as overtime was expected but not paid back.

Advice to Management

Get rid of some of the management in favor of more "regular" employees so as avoid employee burnout. Listen to your employees - they see much more than they are given credit for and have some very valuable suggestions for improvement.

Quality analyst

Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Dorval, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Quality Analyst in Dorval, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Bombardier full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salary and benefits ex. Vacations

Cons

I am so sorry but I have no cons

A fair company with many opportunities.

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Bombardier full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fair company, good compensation& benifit, flexible work hours, able to work from home

Cons

Constant Layoffs, IT outsourced

Advice to Management

The most recent layoff has hurt many good professionals. Management will regret when they compare the quality of the work that internal employees delivered with outsourced companies.

RSS Feed </> Embed