Bon Appétit Management

Updated Jul 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Fedele Bauccio

great company but some disconnect with senior managers

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosworking with great clients and employees

ConsSenior management fosters favoritism and hires younger managers for less pay

It looked promising, then turned out to be mostly lies and false hope...

Seattle University (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

Prospassion for sustainable and farm to fork food production was a plus. creative meals made daily. hours and benefits were good.

Conseverything else from supervisors to managers was poor, poor work ethics, lies, discrimination, intimidation, unfair hiring practices. road blocks at every turn while trying to get promoted.

Bait and switch

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Appleton, WI

ProsSafety....is priority.At least one can feel safe there.That is about it for Pros.

ConsFake management staff...they don't care about you only care about if you show up so they don't have to do the "menial labor".Management and leads do not train incoming personnel to the needs of quantity cooking, which they do not teach in school.Forced to take vacation during lay-off time...which means you really have no vacation through the year.Insurance is high,doesn't cover much.Pay is ridiculously low for amount of investment needed to get through the shift.No team atmosphere;managers are constantly fighting against each other.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet people take vacation when they want...they need it at the time to most likely get away from the circus.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Company Bad Management No room to grow

Cook (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

Prosgreat benefits, pay was reasonable

Consmanagement was not very respectful on employees, they also kept incident hush hush/ in house

Advice to Senior ManagementRescpect your employees and put better people into positions of leadership

They don't keep their word

Line Cook (Current Employee) Chandler, AZ

ProsI get weekends and paid holidays off. I get to be creative with what I cook and I don't have to use recipes when I am making my food.

ConsI was promised great benefits advancement opportunities and a 40 hour work week. None of that happened and not to mention the current team of managers is a joke and don't have their employees best interests in mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't say things and promise things if you have no intension of doing what you say. And have your employees back.

High integrity organization. true to its mission.

Prossolid company for foodies looking for a stable professional and personal lifestyle.

Consfor those who need a playbook it can be challenging at times. good for those who are self starters.

Good culture, no transparency.

Barista (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsStarting pay is better than other food service. The pace of the jobs are nice. The campus I work on is amazing and most of the facilities are newer which makes for a beautiful work place. The coworkers I have are, in general, affable and kind to work with. It deals like a small company but has all the benefits of a large well established corporate business. The hours, for food service are as good as it gets.

ConsHard to find full time hours, even when they have been promised to you. Never expect anything to happen with enough time to prepare. Management at a everyday level is not truthful with what is going on in the shops and plays favorites consistently. Hard to get items that are needed to provide for the customer. Expect to have to do way above and beyond in order to advance. Management expects that workers at all levels knows what is going on campus wide with little or no information being given.

I was outright lied to about advancement and promotion with a pay raise. I have been with the company for 2 years and have never had a review. I also had to write my own job titles/ responsibilities at one point and was given no feedback- horribly frustrating. I was supervising a cafe (FOH) managing 4 people and 3 orders. I was offered a promotion that would have had me managing a coffee shop- another 3 people to manage and 3 more orders- and cafe. I was excited to have more responsibility and learn more. I turned it down when they offered me only $1.50 more an hour to more than double my workload. After I turned the promotion down I was given half the work that would have been included in the promotion and no raise. I went from not doing any of the cash handling to having to handle money from 3 separate cafes/coffee shops on campus- with no compensation. When I asked to set down to working in a coffee shop I was treated like I had done something horrible and no one had any conversations with me about why I stepped down.

Long story short I wouldn't recommend it unless you're looking to work really hard and maybe get nowhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a more effective and efficient training system.
    Be more transparent with what you want and need from your employees.
    If you demand more work from managers/supervisors- pay them more.
    Help your team to know and understand changing focus on campus.
    Work on daily communication between management and supervisors.
    Time worked should always be time paid.

Wonderful People

Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsImmensely kind, sweet people in management. They truly care about their employees.

ConsWork can become monotonous, as all creativity is determined by HQ in California

not what they used to be/ claim to be

Executive Chef (Former Employee) Portland, OR

Prosunit level management usually in it for good reasons

Consmisrepresentation of what they sell, not living up to their promises, corporate level management is a joke.

Advice to Senior ManagementPractice what you preach

Overall happy working here

Barista (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGreat health benefits
    Competitive pay
    Fun work environment

ConsOff anytime school is not in session

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more professional

Worked for Bon Appétit Management? Contribute to the Community!