Bon Secours Charity Health System

Updated Jun 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Richard Statuto

It was a wonderful experience to work for BSCH.

Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) Warwick, NY

Prosexperience, people, fun, friendly, unity

Constraining, challenges, structure, decisions, constrians

Worse place I've ever worked

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVacation: 4 - 6 weeks

ConsConstant changes in senior executives that all fight with eachother and put the employees in the middle. Furthermore the treatment of staff borders on abuse; I'm surprised the organization hasn't gotten sued more. The company also doesn't give any bonuses or pay increases. Instead the executives take huge bonuses and tell employees the companies not making enough money for them to receive any. There are constant layoffs and the moral is beyond dismal. It's the worst place I've ever worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking about what's best for the organization and treat the employees with respect. Then maybe every employee wouldn't be quitting or looking for a job.

The worst company I have ever worked for

Department Manager (Former Employee) Suffern, NY

ProsThe nurses and some of the doctors are great.
    Fortunately there is a union (1199) in place to protect employee interests.

ConsThere has been a revolving door for most of the administrative positions for many years and the few who have been there for awhile are either dishonest or disorganized or both.
    Management is unwilling to listen to the opinions of all but a select few employees (mostly doctors).
    The board is unresponsive to the overall mission of the corporation, putting revenue ahead of patient care.
    Some of the senior doctors are given carte blanc to do pretty much anything they want to without repercussions.
    Excessive layoffs have led to poor staffing conditions on some of the patient care units.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you have employee "town meetings" try actually listening to what the employees have to say. They are as interested in making the hospital successful as you are.
    Stop giving out false or misleading information. It's easy to determine when you are lying and makes it less likely that we will believe anything you say.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

After 10+ years it started OK and promising with patient-focus in mind, now it's all about money. . .it's a shame.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Suffern, NY

ProsThe people at ground level are good at what they do, care for the patients and others, and genuinely try to do their best everyday.

ConsManagement is not trustworthy, they say are not doing certain things yesterday, but end up doing those things they had just denied on the next day. They are focused on making money and making more money, even at the expense of the employees/patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a business, yes, but it is a business that treats people, and it is a business that is comprised of people. You should put people before profit. It's time to revisit the Mission and this time actually follow through on it.

Worked for Bon Secours Charity Health System? Contribute to the Community!