Bon Secours Health

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rich Statuto

12 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Wonderful experience for the most part --

Unit Secretary (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThe company has allowed me to get back in the workplace after a layoff. They offer benefits and plenty of other great perks.

ConsThe department management where I started off in was a little inconsistent with their rules and allowances. Things we were told we could do when we first came aboard were rejected as we went along in the role. Pretty inconsistent...

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so inconsistent when you find out someone wants to advance to other opportunities within the company.

Diet Office Admin

Diet Office (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsRoom to grow and learn
    Great team
    Corporate events were usually fun and well organized

ConsCompensation was poor, very corporate and slow to make decisions, hired as intern and position transitioned to FT, but no change in pay. Also team was unable to add appropriate position to department, so there was little to no recognition for work being completed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirect managers were great, but higher ups were slow to respond and make decisions. Compensate your employees fairly.

Quality employer with great values

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsExcellent culture with a strong community commitment.

ConsLimited growth opportunities and not-for-profit status limits slarary potential

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Mission

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat mission and culture. People focused company with management that embodies delivering good healthcare. The company in many ways integrates with the community it supports.

ConsToo many meetings for meetings; also layers of management and old school thought process, get in the way of quick, decisive action plans. Much of the leadership have come through the same chanels, need to diserfy expertise to include manged care, ambulatory, non-healthcare leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate pathways to develop leadership

I had a very positive experience.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsFlexible schedule, excellent cores and values

ConsManagement not always in touch with what is really happening at the bedside.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Wonderful Place to Work

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat group of people to work with. In my experience, management did a good job overall. Employees were wonderful.

ConsThey are slow to hire, and we worked with a shortage most of the time. At times the nurses seemed very overworked.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to employee's concerns.

Great employer, good benefits.

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsFaith-based organization with strong values. Multiple life-long employees, implying that it is a healthy company to work for long term.

ConsThe values are pushed during hiring, but not consistently lived out on a daily basis. Management does not live out these values. Also, as a private health system they are not competitive with salaries as compared to the general area.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow a greater flow of employee feedback to management and directors. Encourage lower level managers to live out the values of the healthcare system, and expect them to, just as the directors and upper level management is expected to. Provide for employees going through a work-related injury, above and beyond the bottom-level requirements by the commission. I was forced to resign due to a work-related injury, and my job was not protected.

Great Work/Life Balance, Salaries, and Benefits

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsSalaries are top notch
    Benefits are great, including very competitive vacation and sick leave
    Tuition Reimbursement

ConsNo windows in my office :)

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're doing an excellent job!

Management does not hold physicians to the company's values. Docs say and do what they want w/o fear!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThere are people who are truly there to serve. The company's mission and value statements are strong and meaningful, and when they are top of mind, great work happens.

ConsEveryone is not being held to the same standard from senior management down. Unfortunately, individuals that that are not being held accountable know all to well that they will not be dismissed.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour culture is being shaped by your physicians not by you. This is not good. Their negative talk and behavior undermine your mission. They need to be held accountable instead of catered to. Spoiled children that throw tantrums should not be rewarded or tolerated. Just a thought.

Bon Secours is a great company to work for and leadership is truly committed to fulfilling the mission.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsGreat opportunities for early careerists. Excellent health and work life benefits. Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Very strong leadership and collaborative decision making.

ConsHighly matrixed organizational structure sometimes leads to lack of clarity in roles and responsibilities. Also, local systems are not always aligned with corporate office. Geographic spread and differences in service line mixes sometimes create silos within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should consider redesigning and or simplifying the organizational structure to alleviate silos and foster clarity of roles and responsibilities.

Worked for Bon Secours Health? Contribute to the Community!