Bonaventure Senior Living

1. Server went around served food to all of the residents

Former Employee - California in Ventura, CA
    Former Employee - California in Ventura, CA

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living part-time

Pros

I was able to get along with everyone and learn how to work at a fast pace without dropping plates or my tray. I was also given an opportunity to work with some of the other people i was picking up everyones shifts and taking anything to help out the company

Cons

not a whole lot of bad things i would say the most that i had that was bad were some angry elderly people because of something wrong on the menu. Also another con was working with my ex girlfriend made things interesting never stopped me from getting what i needed to done though.

Advice to Management

My only advice to management would be that they should help out the servers while they are serving on friday and over the weekend due to extra guests from the residents who lived there and maybe with a little much

2. Great place to work and live

Current Employee - Activities in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Activities in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Bonaventure Senior Living

Pros

Residents are great and like family

Cons

Sometimes short staffed at night

Advice to Management

More caregivers

Upper Management does not treat management properly. No work life balance.

Former Employee - Executive Position
    Former Employee - Executive Position

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living

Pros

Residents are wonderful people
    Coworkers really care
    Quality buildings

Cons

No real hands on training
    You are just supposed to know how to do it their way
    100% on call all the time
    No work life balance
    Way behind technologically
    Too much paperwork
    Main focus is census, census, census

Advice to Management

Train people at their own buildings
    Make it better from the inside out
    Get a new COO
    Stop micromanaging
    Catch up with the rest of businesses and use technology

Current Employee for 6 months

Current Employee - Caregiver/Med-tech in Richland, WA
    Current Employee - Caregiver/Med-tech in Richland, WA

I have been working at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love the residents and co-workers

Cons

Management sets the amount of caregivers based off how much care we give the residents so we can meet the "budget".. Well once residents move in it takes 30-90 days for their plan to be considered in the budget.. So.. Were always working short staffed because the management only cares about their profit. All employees, even those in school have to work over 40 hours and are physically and mentally drained.. . Its horrible seeing these people who pay over 5000 a month not getting the amount of care or attention they need..

Advice to Management

Management is alright. Only advice I can't stress enough is to start caring more about residents and less about budget...

Get Out While You Can

Former Employee - Medication Aid in East Wenatchee, WA
    Former Employee - Medication Aid in East Wenatchee, WA

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Food & Benefits. The community is beautiful.

Cons

Lack of pay, bosses talk down on employees. ALLOT of funky business goes on in that company,

The Truth about this company

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interacting with the seniors & an amazing team of co-workers. Sadly that is the only nice things I can say about this company

Cons

The biggest thing I can say about the company is the complete lack of respect for the employees at the management level. Certain people at the corporate level feel that treating others with disrespect is acceptable and that employees should just deal with it. Some of the conversations I personally had with these individuals was so demoralizing that you seriously started to question your own skills. It's not hard to figure out who the individuals are that I am talking about because there are really only 2 women that run the show and occasionally one of the woman's sons and he is almost worse to deal with. If you believe you can come into this company and make a difference - you are wrong. Turn around and run. This will go down as the worst company I have ever & will ever work for. Working for this company will effect you personally, physically, & mentally. If you value your life, don't take their BS and get out. This company is in the dark ages with their "Marketing Plan" because it doesn't work - it scares people off. And lets be real, if it worked their buildings would be full - they aren't. Walking out that door for the last time was exhilarating.

Advice to Management

You have absolutely no right to treat another human being the way that you do. Your employees deserve RESPECT! Your employees do not deserve to be spoken down to or treated like children. If they aren't the right fit for the company let then go, don't try to squash them until there is nothing left. You all need to learn that building a good team means that you INSPIRE, BUILD UP, AND ABOVE ALL ELSE RESPECT EACH PERSON. These are things you do not do and honestly it's very sad.

Worst Company Ever Worked For,

Former Employee - CNA in East Wenatchee, WA
    Former Employee - CNA in East Wenatchee, WA

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Food & Drinks During Shift

Cons

- Lack of communication
    - they enjoy having you switch up incident reports to make them look good
    - they hire unqualified people
    - major med errors

Advice to Management

Pay your employees and don't put them in line to lose their licenses .

Worst experience ever

Former Employee - Server in Lacey, WA
    Former Employee - Server in Lacey, WA

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting the residents you work with

Cons

Rude coworkers, no management.
    There are untrained people in management positions, and employees are not appreciated whatsoever. Even after over a year of work, i was refused a raise, simply because I had a piercing. This company is unfair, and treats employees and residents poorly

Very disappointed

I have been working at Bonaventure Senior Living

Pros

I love working with the residents, they have become a second family to me.

Cons

Home office is rude, very disrespectful. Executive director could care less if issues arrive no help will come from her and doesn't follow company policies that she feels so strongly to enforce, lead by example. Not happy with the way they treat hard-working and loyal employees.

Advice to Management

I would suggest leading by example and treat your employees with respect. If you sit at a desk all day, don't even begin to think you know what it is like to be one of the little people in the company.

Never worked for a worse company in my life

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time

Pros

Pros are the residents from this generation and the staff who bust it out trying to keep up with the unrealistic demands of the owners.

Cons

FIRST- Managers have said that they are hired to do a specific job and it's the old bait and switch. We come here with transparency and good will and are deceived. Tasks and job descriptions are unofficially changed before the higher-ups demand unrealistic results. The home office pushes and pushes, even using shady methods to try to lure new residents into the facility. There is no management presence in our facility. Everyone from the department heads to the kitchen staff and housekeepers are on their own. We have had wonderful Directors who left shortly after hire because they weren't given the tools they needed to improve the staffing and food quality.
    SECOND- Lack of training for the care staff as well as kitchen and hsk. staff in positively and respectfully dealing with confused residents.
    THIRD-Since the wages and the morale are so low, staff turnover is astronomical. When employees don't show up for work, most of the time the staff work short, thus endangering the residents, causing burnout and making the residents wait for meals and care. Waiting times for meals are horrible. These people pay thousands of dollars to stay in the most beautiful facilities around. It's shameful that the owners provide so little money and quality in return.
    FOURTH- The food quality is extremely poor. That is before it's even prepared. Meats are of the worst quality, fatty and disgusting. The kitchen doesn't even have the needed supplies to run the kitchen. Our facility has gone through so many Chefs and cooks that the home office has to send in regional cooks on a regular basis just to get the food out to the residents. It's deplorable. People seem to be moving out of the building as soon as someone else moves in. Most of us have discussed the fact that we've never worked for a company this bad. Business will probably remain the same since fresh, new people are hired on a regular basis to replace the good, burned out care staff.

Advice to Management

Sell your company to someone who really cares about the elderly and the staff who serve them. It is possible to make a profit for your stockholders. How about using more than a fraction of the very high rent fees on the people who are paying you to stay in your buildings? Shame on you.

Bonaventure Senior Living Photos