Bonaventure Senior Living

Kelley Hamilton

1. Great place!

Current Employee - Sale/Marketing
    Current Employee - Sale/Marketing

I have been working at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of great people, who truly care. Awesome residents, and such a fulfilling job!

Cons

Training is a bit unorganized.

Employees are paid to write good reviews

Former Employee - Former Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Former Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

None. Go work for a different company.

Cons

Just stumbled across this sight, and remembered that when I worked there, they offered to give us gift cards if we would write something nice. A couple of people did, but the gift cards never came. The rest of us knew they would not come. The Home Office always had contests and stuff, but the prizes never came. There were a lot of stupid lies like that. When I went to work for another company, I was never asked to do things like lie. I would not recommend working for Bonaventure ever.

Advice to Management

Keep promises. Stop lying. Do not ask people to do things that are wrong.

Meh

I have been working at Bonaventure Senior Living part-time (More than a year)

Pros

pro is that myself and a few other employees are there that truly care about residents

Cons

Corporate treats lower management like dogs, high high turnover, residents always upset because something gone wrong, never can keep cooks, caregivers, management, servers, you name it. Too worried about money instead of resident care. Can be too lenient with residents with requests so residents will start to abuse services such as transportation or sneaking extra meals.

Advice to Management

Focus on the residents you have instead of trying to fill up the building when you know we're understaffed.

5. Full time employee / colorado springs

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Thus company truly cares about the residents. The heart of this company is making sure residents are well cared for in their retirement. The management is deeply commited to seeing that employees are well trained and offer praise as well as opportunities for improvement. I am so blessed to be working here, very fulfilling work..

Cons

As with an senior living community, there can be turnover. It does make it challenging, but management is doing a good job of hiring caring, compassionate staff.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good eork

Embarrassing To Admit I Worked There

Former Employee - Marketing Director
    Former Employee - Marketing Director

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Residents of course are a HUGE Bonus and honestly the ONLY reason ANYONE continue to work there. NOBODY stays at the company for the money or for the loyalty to the company.

Cons

There are so many. But let me start by saying my reputation in my community means alot to me and I think it was jeopardized by working for this company. The way they treat their employees is embarrassing and painful to watch. If you are a victim to their antics you develop anxiety and health issues from the stress. Your personal morals come under attack, even though they say they won't. Now when you get to the Care Staff that is a totally different story, they work them hard - very hard. And then when a family complains that their family member isn't getting personal attention - well sorry your care staff person was cleaning tables. YEP CLEANING TABLES. Sad Company. The amount they charge for apartments & care is robbery. They will tell you differently - but I am here to tell you they are stealing from you.

Advice to Management

Stop lying. Just be honest. You are horrible people. You treat people horrible and you don't care about the residents.

Care

Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Wenatchee, WA
    Former Employee - Executive Administrative Assistant in Wenatchee, WA

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living (More than a year)

Pros

The care staff and the local admin do not consider the residents as numbers but as people food is tasty

Cons

Owner and home office management are more concerned with money and numbers rather than the humans.. Executive Directors are related to the CEO and His assistant which makes for high turn over due to special privileges.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse and care for the people not yur pockets

8. Run as Fast as You Can!!!

Pros

no pros what so ever. They give you so much work to do, it is impossible to do a good job. If you start out caring about the residents, you soon won't!! They work you to DEATH! Huge turn over. One night we all walked out, residents had to call 911 to get their medications. Love taking care of the elderly? Forget about it here, they'll have you working the dining room, cleaning toilets, they even had the front desk receptionist cooking in the back! Kitchen is filthily!! Where'e the health dept. when you need them?

Cons

All cons. You'd be happier working fast food, or digging ditches!! If you go to work for this corp. you won't last long, we always come to end of our rope and quite. I give you 3 months top

Advice to Management

I know this company is all about profit, so giving them advise is moot. We have a real problem with quality care for the elderly in this country, and Bonaventure is leading the way in abuse and hostile working environments both for the employees and the residents!! Get a clue Bonaventure, and try having a heart. You need a complete over haul.These places should be shut down like the old sanatoriums, abuse, abuse, abuse.

Caregiver

I have been working at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time

Pros

Taking care of the residents.

Cons

Lack of communication between, employees and management. They don't have sick or vacation time is all included as Paid time off- PTO.

Have you noticed most of the pro comments are anonymous??

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Wenatchee, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Wenatchee, WA

I worked at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fishy reviews touting greatness, the turn over is in droves

Cons

I would not put my mother in there

Advice to Management

Quit

Worse than Walmart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Bonaventure Senior Living full-time

Pros

There is not a single pro to be offered by this corporation. They will bleed you dry then replace you with a newer warmer body. I've seen at least 50 employees come and go.

Cons

This corporation is focused on one thing only, MONEY. They over work and under pay all of their staff. You are REQUIRED to take a lunch break, yet no time is provided for a break. You will be written up and fired if you don't take one so everyone just clocks out and back in while having worked the entire time. Every department, care, kitchen, housekeeping etc... is under funded and often runs out of essential items. Employees are left to try and figure out ways of finishing their job without needed items, like garbage bags, Managers do not fill in when employees are sick, they just leave underpaid people to work two or three times harder. It is not rare for there to be a single care giver for an entire building, When Corporate comes into the building, watch out, they are every bit of a movie stereotype you would expect. Morbidly obese individuals who are mean and talk down and belittle employees. They have no qualms with yelling and tearing people down for things that are not their fault. They will come in and blame the lowest level employees for issues that arise from their lack of funding. For instance, if you run out of garbage bags, you might be belittled and yelled at for not having more.

Advice to Management

I hope your children dump you in a Bonaventure home when you are old.

RSS Feed </> Embed