Bond No 9

Updated September 23, 2014
3.5

Bond No 9 Founder and CEO Laurice Rahme
Laurice Rahme

Overall Great job experience !

Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Bond No.9 for over 4 years and have had a very positive work experience. Not only have I learned a tremendous amount from the ceo and the very loyal staff (many of staff have been there more than 10 years) but I have also gained great friends! We work hard but you see the results of your efforts unlike other companies and since it is a very nice work environment you do not mind the hard work.

You are treated very well if you are fulfilling your job responsibilities which is logical. To be part of bond is an amazing opportunity for anyone. The company gives much opportunity to learn and grow within it.

Cons

Hours may be difficult to get use to. we start later then most companies but end later in the day.

Continue to reward the employees who continue to do their job!

Making Scents of New York

Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been a sales representative at the Bond No. 9 boutiques for almost 3 years now. I love how each boutique gets different clientele so I have the chance to interact with tourists as well as locals. Working for Bond is like being an ambassador of New York. I have worked for other niche fragrance brands but nothing compares to Bond because you are doing more than selling fragrances, you are selling New York! It's also a very small company so even as a sales representative I get the chance to interact with the founder and president of the company which is awesome because it feels like I am involved in creating the next scent for NYC! As a sales representative, you also get rewarded as well as noticed when your sales increase; it definitely makes the team strive for high sales if they are receiving instant gratitude.

Cons

Since it is a small company you must have a flexible schedule in order to be in sales, but, if you are a team player you will be rewarded. This job is what you make of it, I enjoy what I do and I love the team that I work with but if you aren't willing to go the extra mile this job might not be for you.

I love that the sales reps are included in how to improve the business; the upper management also appreciates you and values you as an employee. The President and Vice President have really done a great job at creating a loyal team.

Working for Bond No. 9

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for Bond No. 9 as an Administrative Assistant is definitely an assiduous job. Bond No. 9 is like a small family where everyone holds many positions. Each employee has many responsibilities, but everyone is always willing to assist one another if need be. I love working here because I thrive under fast-paced environments and my multitasking abilities allow me to perform well and fast under pressure.

Cons

The working hours at Bond No. 9 are later than usual business hours- the day starts at 10 am and ends around 7 pm. This could be considered a con, but it works well for me because I enjoy waking up later!

The management is open to their employees ideas and opinions. I think it is great that they ask our advice on improving the company, which is why I think the company is growing so quickly.

Worst Job

Former Employee - Ambassador
    Former Employee - Ambassador

I worked at Bond No 9 part-time (more than an year)

Pros

really none that can be thought of.

Cons

oppressive atmosphere. Beware! No work-life balance.

It would be worthless. I also do think that for every poor review, a person is asked, most likely one who works at headquarters, to post a glowing review. I think that's illegal.....

Torture

I worked at Bond No 9

Pros

At least everybody is in hell together.

Cons

This company is run by a sociopath.

Quit for your own sanity

Bond No 9 Response

Sep 9, 2014Public Relations Coordinator

This is a personal and slanderous attack against our CEO and company, Bond No 9. I do not believe that this review will help the Glassdoor Community as it is not a professionally written review that ... More

Never a dull day at Bond!

Former Employee - Public Relations Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Public Relations Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Bond No 9 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Bond No. 9 is a small company which allows each and every individual to benefit and grow in the fast pace beauty world. I was given many tasks and duties that helped me grow and adapt, especially being as though this was my first job! I love that this company is so small and you get to know everyone on a personal level which makes the working environment more comfortable. Being a Public Relations assistant also was such a great job and I met and connected with editors of magazines and other big name companies. The hours are great and your day starts at 10 am which is fantastic since I was commuting from Long Island. Also, another great perk is that you get to smell all the perfumes and you always smell great! I love that this company is not all about burying your face in a computer and sitting in silence. It's about teamwork and communicating with others in order to help Bond flourish as a company.

Cons

It was very fast paced and in order to keep up you needed to be organized and efficient. The food around this neighborhood was also very expensive. I started as an intern and became a PR assistant when I graduated. My two years here was great but I was offered a position with more responsibility.

Sustain the open environment. It helps create a comfortable atmosphere.

Great learning experience!

Current Employee - Office Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working in such a creative and open environment! The people here are fast-paced, but very sweet and down to earth. In a small company, like Bond No 9, it is easy to learn about the business and how it is run, because everyone is willing to help. As an office assistant, I help out with everything from small tasks to meeting interesting people of the business world. Working for Laurice Rahme, the founder of the company, is a great learning experience,and it is truly a pleasure.

Cons

As an office assistant, it is hard to focus on one thing, because I am pulled in many directions, helping different departments out which has actually become beneficial. (I have been promoted from an intern.)

I wouldn't change a thing!

Creative, fast-paced, work environment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Bond No 9 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working with a small team. You get to learn about all areas of the business and there's a lot of opportunity for growth within the company. Every individual plays a critical role, you are not just a number. I love working for a company that represents New York, there's never a dull moment!

Cons

If you don't like being a team player and wearing many different hats, this job might not be for you. If you like being proactive and being a part of something great, Bond is for you!

Continue to keep an open, creative work environment and valuing your team's input.

Sales

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Bond No 9 full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Salary, training is excellent Hard working employees

Cons

What you sign on for is not what you get. The environment is abusive, high tension. Guidlines and company rules are impossible to follow because they change them all the time. HR Dept. there is not one where you can go to for any help or information. Vacation time is impossible is impossible to get and you do not have 2 weeks (thats what they tell you) not true. Everyone works in fear of being belittled or verbally abused. The stress level in this company in excessively high not healthy. Its such a shame.

Let the professionals do their job and not micro management.everything. You have amazing people working there let them do their job. Be more sensitive to your employees. Stop being so abusive.

Good and Bad

I worked at Bond No 9 full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Pay! Great Fragrances! Fun to interact with clients. Meet lots of interesting people.

Cons

Not a good job to have if you are married and have small or elementary age kids. Work every Saturday, No Exception! You are asked to work on your off day during special events, with pay. Lots of unnecessary paperwork. Call 100 people per day. (Be prepared to get hung up on a few times every day.)

Really listen when employees have something to say, and don't think of it as being unruly.