Bond No 9

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Laurice Rahme

Never a dull day at Bond!

Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBond No. 9 is a small company which allows each and every individual to benefit and grow in the fast pace beauty world. I was given many tasks and duties that helped me grow and adapt, especially being as though this was my first job! I love that this company is so small and you get to know everyone on a personal level which makes the working environment more comfortable. Being a Public Relations assistant also was such a great job and I met and connected with editors of magazines and other big name companies. The hours are great and your day starts at 10 am which is fantastic since I was commuting from Long Island. Also, another great perk is that you get to smell all the perfumes and you always smell great! I love that this company is not all about burying your face in a computer and sitting in silence. It's about teamwork and communicating with others in order to help Bond flourish as a company.

ConsIt was very fast paced and in order to keep up you needed to be organized and efficient. The food around this neighborhood was also very expensive. I started as an intern and became a PR assistant when I graduated. My two years here was great but I was offered a position with more responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementSustain the open environment. It helps create a comfortable atmosphere.

Great learning experience!

Office Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI love working in such a creative and open environment! The people here are fast-paced, but very sweet and down to earth. In a small company, like Bond No 9, it is easy to learn about the business and how it is run, because everyone is willing to help. As an office assistant, I help out with everything from small tasks to meeting interesting people of the business world. Working for Laurice Rahme, the founder of the company, is a great learning experience,and it is truly a pleasure.

ConsAs an office assistant, it is hard to focus on one thing, because I am pulled in many directions, helping different departments out which has actually become beneficial. (I have been promoted from an intern.)

Advice to Senior ManagementI wouldn't change a thing!

It's great being a Bond girl!!!

ProsBond no9 is an amazing place to work. You are given opportunities at a small company that you will never be exposed to at a large company. You are exposed to everything from the creation of the product to the distribution. What is the best thing is that you MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! As an employee you can see for yourself the results of your efforts. The people are fantastic and feel like part of your family, including the owner. In my 20 plus years in the industry I have never worked with a woman who is amazingly creative yet has an incredible business sense! She is brilliant. I continue to learn everyday even after 20 plus years.

ConsI can't say much. After working in midtown for my entire career I had to adapt to the downtown environment which I love now.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Creative, fast-paced, work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI love working with a small team. You get to learn about all areas of the business and there's a lot of opportunity for growth within the company. Every individual plays a critical role, you are not just a number. I love working for a company that represents New York, there's never a dull moment!

ConsIf you don't like being a team player and wearing many different hats, this job might not be for you. If you like being proactive and being a part of something great, Bond is for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to keep an open, creative work environment and valuing your team's input.

Sales

Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood Salary, training is excellent Hard working employees

ConsWhat you sign on for is not what you get. The environment is abusive, high tension. Guidlines and company rules are impossible to follow because they change them all the time. HR Dept. there is not one where you can go to for any help or information. Vacation time is impossible is impossible to get and you do not have 2 weeks (thats what they tell you) not true. Everyone works in fear of being belittled or verbally abused. The stress level in this company in excessively high not healthy. Its such a shame.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the professionals do their job and not micro management.everything. You have amazing people working there let them do their job. Be more sensitive to your employees. Stop being so abusive.

Terrible company and management. Worst job ever.

Perfumista/Ambassador (Former Employee)

ProsNot one. Money is good but not enough to compensate for your pain and suffering.

ConsMicro-management, stress, unreal work loads and nonstop phone calls to customers. 100/day?! Get real!

Advice to Senior ManagementLighten up, it's just perfume.

Good and Bad

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat Pay! Great Fragrances! Fun to interact with clients. Meet lots of interesting people.

ConsNot a good job to have if you are married and have small or elementary age kids. Work every Saturday, No Exception! You are asked to work on your off day during special events, with pay. Lots of unnecessary paperwork. Call 100 people per day. (Be prepared to get hung up on a few times every day.)

Advice to Senior ManagementReally listen when employees have something to say, and don't think of it as being unruly.

Fast Paced and Inspiring

International Accounts (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSince it is a small working environment, each employee is given a lot of responsibility - and fast. A lot of is expected of you, but once you have proven yourself, you receive even more. One of the most interesting things about working for Bond is the ability to be in such a creative atmosphere - even if your role is not 'creative' per se. For example, you can watch the idea for the next fragrance - the smell, design, advertising campaign- all come together right before your eyes. When working with International clients, you need to be able to relay information, visuals, products, etc. that comes from Marketing and Product Development. This creates an atmosphere that we are all working towards the same success story for the brand. I am constantly intrigued with what will come next.

For reference, I started as an intern and then took on my current role full-time. I have been a full-time employee for over a year.

ConsIt is a fast-paced environment that might take you for surprise at first - and it happened to me. Once you understand the speed and the fact that it is a small company, it is much easier to navigate and understand your role within the company.

An Opportunity to Grow and then some!

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsThis company and management rewards hard work and if you are willing to put in extra effort you will succeed here. The team is small but efficient. You see your work manifest into greatness. The environment is fast-paced and FUN!

ConsSince the team is small, and so we all wear many hats. It may be difficult at times to dedicate 100% to a specific task.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep encouraging and inspiring!

Weekdays aren't so bad anymore!

Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI started here a few months ago and I don't know where the time has gone! If you like keeping busy and a fast paced environment, you would love working here. The days fly by and there's not one minute I'm wanting to leave. As an intern, I'm able to do hands on work and help every department. It's nice because I'm always learning something new. The pay is amazing, my coworkers are amazing, and the work is fun.

ConsIt's a small company so things tend to get extremely busy and it can become a bit chaotic but you'll never find a company where this doesn't happen!

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways keep inspiring!

Worked for Bond No 9? Contribute to the Community!