Bonefish Grill

Updated October 22, 2014
Updated October 22, 2014
3.7

Stephen Judge

Pros
  • Compared to other restaurants, Bonefish is ahead for good food and customer service (in 10 reviews)

• Can make good money and very good hours (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • standing and walking long hours (in 9 reviews)

• Continuing to squeeze an already tight management team to produce more just means longer hours, no balance and no extra compensation (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company to work for. They take care of their people.

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Bonefish Way contains great valuable direction and clarity for a good workplace. As long as you take care of your people, Bonefish Grill will take care of itself. Compensation is considerable, and the opportunity to advance is definitely there.

Cons

Quality of life as a salaried employee suffers some. Communication between departments could be much better. Too many "coupon driven" sales boosters.

Make sure quality is carried on.

Most amazing place I have ever worked!

Former Employee - Host, GSA, Server, Headwait, Key, Management in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Bonefish Grill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bonefish helped foster my love for the industry and jumpstarted my career at a very young age, I am now a 26 year old General Manager at an award winning restaurant under a James Beard award winning Chef. I am forever grateful for my experience with the company and my Bonefish proprietor/mentor.

Cons

I wish, at the time, that I would have been able to see more growth potential for myself within the company.

Keep appreciating your people, and encourage them to grow.

Alright

Current Employee - Server in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Miami, FL

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good food, drinks. Nice building in a good location. Menu is perfect size to allow execution while still allowing guest many options

Cons

Rather not say as I work here still and plan to for the foreseeable future. If anything seems like the few hardworking employees are overlooked and underappreciated versus the butt kisses.

New CEO, everything is changing and not for the better

Former Employee - Server in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Server in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Bonefish Grill full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Decent tips for the area

Cons

Most of the servers have been there a long time, so people are slightly off putting when you start. There is a new CEO and the menu and standards are constantly changing from week to week. There's unrealistic expectations of management on your time, like coming in almost every Saturday mornings before work for a "staff meeting" and "everyone" is expected to work holidays and certain promo days, expect the favorites.

There is no need to change every menu item, it's the reason why we have regulars. Having to have staff meetings nearly every Saturday is beyond ridiculous. Oh, and quit trying to micromanage everything and worry about the important things

Bonefish grill is a great place to work.

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is a good place to work full time or to have as a second job for a few nights. The schedule is flexible.

Cons

Corporate company, smaller sections than some other restaurants.

Best restaurant job I've ever had

Current Employee - Server in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Server in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Bonefish Grill part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-top-tier compensation in casual food and bev sector
    -flexible hours
    -supportive management
    -opportunity to expand knowledge of wines and seafood

Cons

not really a bad thing but the training is quite extensive and time consuming

Great feeling of comradery

Current Employee - Line Cook in Brandon, FL
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Bonefish Grill full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Obviously this varies, but the line cooks are great to work with and managers are pretty cool as well. Well structured and opportunities for advancement are available to those who are willing to work for it.

Cons

This particular store has a big problem with employee call-outs, and also Bonefish Grill is part of a corporation. This means quality will always be sacrificed for profit; I wonder about the future of all corporate restaurants.

My advice is to the corporate office, we should be striving to give our customers our very best, this includes food quality!

This job is what you make it

Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Guest Service Associate in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Bonefish Grill part-time (more than an year)

Pros

You gain hospitality Experience that you would as if you worked in any other polished casual restaurant. It's a valuable stepping stone in moving up in the restaurant.

Cons

The armpit of the restaurant : in other words you do the most work in the front of house area with a minimum pay.

Appreciate your staff more

Great place to work

I have been working at Bonefish Grill

Pros

rapidly growing, and much room for growth. Training is very thorough and if you need help there is always someone there to help.

Cons

Taking a turn from the more polished restaurant it was when it came out to a more casual dining experience. Not as lucrative for a server as it use to be and you get very little recognition for a job well done.

I strongly do not recommend Bonefish Grill as either a place to go to eat, or for employment

I worked at Bonefish Grill part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The particular location provides a paycheck, a meager one at that, and little more. To get "promoted-from-within", you may want to display good motivational skills, as they will get noticed because this place is in dire need of help.

Cons

In my particular location, this is one of the most disgusting kitchens I've seen in a while. It amazes me how there aren't more complaints of food-bourne illnesses due to filth and cross contamination potential. The recommended shelf lives on prepared food product is negated as food is prepared excessively and sold past its expiration date. Much of the "fresh" product such as soups and sauces are of course reheated from frozen product from bags. The hourly employees rarely care for the quality of their work because the management seems mostly apathetic as well.

Bonefish Grill Photos