Bonefish Grill
www.bonefishgrill.com Tampa, FL

Bonefish Grill Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Bonefish Grill – US – “Outside”

Stephen Judge

Pros:
  • "Flexible Schedule, great concept, great management"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Good food, free bread and water"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Restaurant schedule: late nights, long hours"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Continuing to squeeze an already tight management team to produce more just means longer hours, no balance and no extra compensation"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great job

Food Prep (Former Employee)
    Winston-Salem, NC

ProsGreat Work experience, helpful friendly staff, Good food and easy to learn

ConsNo Cons , I had a great experience

Interesting

Angler (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunity is there if you are willing to put in the hours, and not have much of a life outside of work. Once you move up, you get some of your life back though. Family like atmosphere amongst most employees and management team. We have our troubles, but we always manage to get through the storms and come out stronger. Scheduling is not an issue, and my management team is always able to adjust as needed to provide anglers off when they need it. 40 hour work week is not an issue, I get my hours, but work my rear end off to keep them.

ConsCulture change! This is not the company that was started years ago. The idea of you get fish, we get fresh is long gone, and the concept now mind as well be, how do we cut labor costs, increase profits, and make shareholders happy! Positions are being eliminated, more items are coming in ready to eat, and not scratch made anymore. People need jobs, and the new head of the company only seems to care about money and making more of it, at the expense of employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit making decisions based on money and driving profits first and foremost. I understand that we are supposed to make money, but people matter too! The changes being made up the ladder are hard to execute at the restaurant level and the people that are making the changes sit at desks all day! With the changing landscape of competitors, Bonefish has a chance to change and make the company into something great, while still taking care of the employees and the shareholders, but puts focus only onto the shareholders. Without the dedicated employees, there would be no restaurants and senior management needs to be reminded of that fact!

Pretty satisfactory as far as restaurant work goes

Server (Current Employee)

ProsMoney is pretty consistent. Training program, when followed, is very thorough and well done. Hours are good. 50% discount on meals in your home restaurant and 25% discount on meals in other Bonefish Grills and sister concepts (Outback Steakhouse, Carrabbas, Roy's, Flemings) also a plus. Clientele is usually kind, courteous and generous with tips.

ConsHealthcare benefits are offered to hourly employees, but you have to work for the company for at least one year prior to October. (For example, if you were hired between November 2012 and October 2013, you would not be eligible for benefits in October 2013. You would have to wait until October 2014 to enroll.) Paid vacation time is offered after one year of employment, but you have to work a minimum of 32 hours per week to be eligible which is difficult to attain as a front of house employee unless you work six days a week or are consistently scheduled doubles on brunch/lunch days.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake benefits available earlier to hourly employees in their tenure. Keep in mind that just because someone is a hard worker doesn't mean they are cut out for salaried management positions within the company.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place for a part time job!

Host (Current Employee)
    Paramus, NJ

ProsGreat people, Clean, Food is really good and you get a nice discount.

ConsUnderstaffed, bad training, people get fired easily

Great place to work

Arlington, VA

ProsGreat place to work with a family atmosphere.Need to be personable and hard working. Pay is good and the hours are the best around.

Consnot really any, great place

Bonefish is an awesome job for someone in college or looking for extra money. Hours aren't bad, pay is bad either

ProsDecent Tips, Not too much side work.

ConsPlace is still new, kitchen is young and your food may take awhile. managers get super stressed

Advice to Senior ManagementHire another Manager so you guys can get some sleep

It was fair

Wait Staff (Former Employee)
    Southern Pines, NC

ProsIts good money and fast money. Easy to learn menu

ConsManagement changed alot at one point in 8 years of me being their. That was hard. And very clicky compared to other restaurants i have worked in.

Advice to Senior ManagementThings arent always as they seem

Love my job here

ProsFast paced
    Easy money
    Flexible schedule
    Career advancement for the right individuals
    Consistent income and consistent food quality
    Great second or part time job but also enough for you to be full time

ConsPolitics
    Online classes
    corporate expectations made by people who aren't actually the ones doing the work or who haven't been in an actual store in years

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the rules set in place for you and make your employees do the same or punish them fairly and appropriately

Great until new management!!

Southern Pines, NC

ProsGreat training, potential to make great money if you're a great server. used to LOVE coming to work. Old Managing partner was incredible!! Now I hate going to work.

ConsIncompetent management that talks trash about each other and other employees. Constantly running out of inventory due to K.M. incompetence! Medical insurance is horrible, there's a $2400 deductible before they cover anything. Anglers constantly bickering, management plays favorites. They have fired several Anglers because " I didn't like them" now a lot of people are scared to say anything for fear of termination.

Advice to Senior ManagementTerminate current management and get some managers with good experience.

I enjoy working for the company!

Bartender, Server, and Certified Trainer (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

Pros-Can work at multiple locations at once
    -Flexible schedule
    -Advancement in the company if you are serious about it
    -If you have seniority, management definitely woks with you schedule wise
    -Definitely feels like a family when working there

Cons-Your location can determine the amount of money you make (though there isn't much management can do about that)
    -You won't really get to have weekends to yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementAt least act like you care about whether or not your servers/bartenders are making money. You should adjust schedules and number of servers on floor and bartenders accordingly.

Worked for Bonefish Grill? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bonefish Grill reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Bonefish Grill CEO Stephen Judge. All 137 reviews posted anonymously by Bonefish Grill employees.