Bongo International

Quickly becoming top place to work at in St Petersburg

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist  in  Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Bongo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Essentially I like Bongo so much that I have helped a very good friend to get a job here. He likes it so much that he moved from Ohio to Florida. Best place I have ever worked at. Do I need to say more?

I have verified that I am paid fairly based on salary.com for my position as an Implementation Specialist. I get a bonus every quarter eventhough i am not in sales.

I have experienced awesome leaders from supervisor to CEO. I have learned more from them in a year than I did from all jobs combined. Leadership recognizes employees that put in the effort and practice what they have learned from. Doing this has caused me to obtain a raise and a promotion within one year of working for Bongo International.

Another plus for me is there is not one strain of office politics that I have seen in EVERY other job. Everyone gets along well and everyone tries to jump in and help with whatever they can. Sometimes we hang out after work, even if it is just in the parking lot for 30 minutes talking. No one is in a hurry to get out the door here and everyone here enjoys the company of other Bongo employees. It really is unique in today's workforce to see this.

Cons

I have a hard time inserting a con, because the only cons are just plain nuances of working anywhere. For instance, management is very goal driven and expect you to hit those goals. None of the goals are unreasonable, and all goals are transparent. None the less they can affect your total paycheck. At every job I have ever done there are goals, and can't say this is a 'con' for working for Bongo.

The only other con is that Bongo changes rapidly, if you want to call it a con. We are in constant growth pattern and this requires constant change. I love the changes as it is always something new, but I know of others that like to get set in their ways.

Keep up the good work. Thanks for having an open door and mind. If I had to ask for anything, it would be to bring back team building Thursdays!

Excellent place for growth if you are able to keep pace

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Bridgeport, CT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Bridgeport, CT

I have been working at Bongo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a very dynamic place to work. There are opportunities for promotion from within for top performers. Fast growing business in a fast growing sector.

Cons

Communication is not always the greatest between management and employees and problems aren't always addressed as fast as they could be

good opportunity for those willing to work hard and learn

I have been working at Bongo International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good entry level positions
    Opportunity for internal advancement
    Generous paid time off
    Free lunch of Thursdays
    Competitive pay
    Collegial work environment - employees work with each other to ensure they succeed

Cons

High-stress work environment around the holidays.
    Overtime on very short notice.
    Long blackout periods for taking time off.
    Policy changes happen so quickly it’s hard to understand the standards you’re being held accountable for.

Test out any major system changes before enabling them – it frustrates both customers and employees when changes are made that don’t work.
    Continue to keep an open line of communication with front-line employees – they often are the first to see issues and working with them can prevent small problems from snowballing out of control.
    Staff appropriately for seasonal influxes.
    Cross-train among departments more so that employees understand how their actions and job functions impact their colleagues and customers.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Inside Sales Rep at Bongo

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bongo International as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The opportunities at the company are great because the company seems to be in a growth stage which means that there is room for career advancement. Professional, Laid back and has a google like culture

Cons

Driving over Howard Franklin bridge at 5:30 and not having a foosball table (there is table tennis and darts)

I think management does a good job and is prepared to listen which is a plus

3 years of experience..

I have been working at Bongo International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good entry level positions, fairly good/competitive pay, monthly bonuses, younger fun staff, self serve meaning the management really wants you to do what you are suppose to do on your own as much as possible, not typically work that "goes home" with you, potential overtime during peak seasons and small opportunities to grow from within, also bunch of locations which allows for moving around the country if you're into that. good new additions to staff lately have evolved the small company feel to a better structure.. plenty of paid time off. CEO is firm but fair.. he will yell at you if you mess up but will buy you dinner if you deserve it. The type of person who understands hard work but demands a level head.

Cons

some of the cons I see as pros but.. the young fun staff may not be the best experienced but they are entry levels, the self serve can be frustrating at times but will really help you push yourself or let yourself fail, have seen last minute forced overtime before, wish they had more opportunity to grow or progress your career, also no annual raises just the monthly bonuses which sometimes makes you feel stuck where you are even more. productivity reports! hate seeing or hearing good employees get put on improvement plans for being shy a few percentage on these reports but it does effect bonuses. mid to upper management has had some foils and hasn't seemed to do much in the past except push emails around and try to boss the supervisors who were previously doing a good job.

Have quality team do something with the reports - create mandatory meetings to review go over info or only one person will improve, spend more time on training and less time on productivity and numbers (quality over quantity will drive down costs and up customer experience), add annual raises again or some program to not let employees feel stuck. lighten up on bottom end employees and tighten up on middle management. hiring from within as much as possible when small will help morale and improve bottom employees push themselves as well.

Fun Company with Growth Potential for those willing to Think and Do.

I have been working at Bongo International full-time

Pros

eCommerce - Great Industry to be in
    Learn a lot
    Generous Benefits
    Attainable Monthly Bonus Comp Structure
    Casual Work Environment (Dog Friendly!)
    Senior Levels Receptive to New Ideas
    Management likes to Promote from within
    Training Given and Encouraged
    Opportunities are what you make of them, hard work is recognized and appreciated
    Team Building Activities
    Young, Intelligent Work Force

Cons

Career progression opportunities are not as plentiful as they are with a larger corporation, but to be expected with younger, smaller company.
    Technology provides some frustrations
    *Contrary to other reviews, the pay seems right on par with the norm for position levels. (especially considering benefits and monthly bonuses.) Shipping rates are equivalent or less than industry competitors so "high rates" are poor reason for poor performance

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep up with company communication.
    Empower folks more (or make sure they realize their empowerment)
    More regular one on one meetings & evaluations to express commendations & areas of improvement, not necessarily just for salary discussion purposes.
    Focus on brand reputation. Make sure you're staffing teams adequately enough to complete projects to a high standard.

Good resume builder....

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Bongo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Laid back work environment
    Team building Thursdays
    Lack of Micro management

Cons

Ever-changing commission structure
    high turnover when sales go down
    lack of investment in their employees
    bad technology makes it hard to maintain clientele
    High shipping rates make it difficult to sell the solution
    Low pay

Invest in technology.

Great industry to work in, cheap company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Bongo International

Pros

Growing industry with chance to become a big player if done right.

Cons

For such a small company, senior management is very disconnected from day-to-day front line issues; or they just don't care.

Talk the talk , not walk the walk !

I worked at Bongo International full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free lunch on a Thursday. Good opportunity to gain international customer service experience with a wide range of issues. Solidarity with floor workers

Cons

Disingenuous management. Questionable company ethics. Poor job training. System updates every 6 months. No real opportunities to progress. High employee turnover. Most reviews are made by employees working in Tampa (sales only) not a realistic view of work environment. Genuine target for fraudulant constumers (false credit cards etc..) Little to no communication with customers (deliberate)

Invest more in your employee's as hire / fire turnover seems to be very high

Bongo International Photos

Craig Turnbull and Greg Sack

+ Add Photo

Worked for Bongo International? Contribute to the Community!