BookRenter

www.bookrenter.com

BookRenter Reviews in San Mateo, CA

Mehdi Maghsoodnia

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

BookRenter is an exciting and challenging start-up environment.

Strategic Partnerships (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

Proslots of learning and the ability to impact the future of the company

Conshigh pressure and very high expectations from all levels

Great company and business model, but engg is rather weak

Manager (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsSome real smart people in exec team. Good solid business model. Rent textbooks, optimize rental prices, manage inventory tightly, look at the numbers.

ConsEngineering plays too many political games. Hoarding information and giving people run-arounds is completely orthogonal to a fast-paced startup.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead Brooks' Mythical Man Month and dont hire indiscriminately

Call center turned sweatshop

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsThe only pro's I can provide is the free snacks they give everyday.

ConsThe call center environment has gone downhill. A lot of employees have left because of management. It use to be a diverse environment, however once management changed they only started hiring asians. As with all call center there is a high turn over rate, and they give the temp agencies a hard time about the temps they send over. It is basically like a sweat shop you have to produce and produce for very little money, and during peak seasons you get no time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest that the management contribute more time to train their employees. Also, learn to care about the quality of the work instead of the quanity of tickets done.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsExcellent working environment and fantastic management team. If you are looking for a startup with vibrant energy among team members then BookRenter is the place to work.

ConsLike most typical startup, you'll find issues within the organization where they can improve. Maybe better process and execution and more cross check balance within different organizations

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work hard and more praises to hard working team members

Good Place to Work

(Current Employee) San Mateo, CA

ProsBookRenter is a good place if you like a fast paced work environment and can play well with others. The management team runs the company well. People respect each other, and the teamwork is pretty good. Generally good vibe, and a very strong mission.

ConsAll the same cons there are normally associated with a growth stage company - work life balance is tricky and you always feel behind.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up. Keep supporting and promoting good people. As the company grows, keep the cuture fresh. BookRenter isn't too terribly political as a management culture - work hard to keep it that way.

Worked for BookRenter? Contribute to the Community!