Booker Reviews

Great Start-up

Current Employee - Client Success Specialist  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Client Success Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Booker full-time for less than a year

Pros

Booker is a great place to transition or reach another level in your career in a short span time. The culture is vibrant as the company always has celebrations on it's achievements and goals! The people range from people who have been since and newbies. It can be a little awkward at first working in a open space with over fifty people and a range of personalities but that is the epitome of NYC. Overall, I would recommend Booker for someone needing a first time office experience or a career climber.

Cons

-open work space vs privacy
    -salary

Great Experience at a fast growing company

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Booker full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company has a great culture and is constantly hosting tons of fun events like boat cruises, ping pong tournaments etc. More important to me though is that the company is growing like crazy and you get to chance to work with a cool platform that helps small businesses grow.

CEO and management have an open door policy and truly mean it. I have brought ideas to my VP as well as directly to others in Senior Management and they have all been open to discussing. Very collaborative work atmosphere within the teams and across the company. You have a chance to make a big impact on the company if you want.

Also added bonus for kegs of micro-brew on each of floor which are replaced weekly :)

Cons

Company has minor growing pains like any place but nothing alarming.

Keep doing what you are doing! Booker is headed in the right direction, just focus on maintaining the elements which have made it great so far - transparency, innovative culture and fun atmosphere.

Great place to work for those determined to go somewhere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Booker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great starting salary for an entry level position.
    Since it's a growing company there are many ways to create value for yourself.
    Rewards those who try to go beyond what their job description is.

Cons

Since it is growing if you don't create your own path it can be hard to get noticed.

Great place to work. The restructuring of the departments shows clear path and organization. Moving in the right direction.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Booker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Such nice people working here. So many fun activities. We just had our summer outing on an awesome boat and our summer Olympics. We celebrate birthdays and anniversaries. For a company that's been around now for awhile, it still has that nice family feel. We work hard but play hard too!

Cons

Sometimes leadership lacks a bit of direction. There is a lot of everyone's plate and sometimes that gets frustrating. But all in all, the company is moving in the right direction.

Communication has greatly improved over the last year. I would recommend to continue communicating as much as possible. More is more!

Great Company, Great People

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at Booker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment with opportunities for professional growth. Understanding and helpful management. Honest, hardworking employees.Tons of perks (Summer Fridays, PTO, work events). Approachable and genuine CEO.

I have been with the company for 2 years and Booker has always taken care of me. The company has promoted me 3 times and recognized my hard work and contribution on various projects.

If you are a hard working, multitasking who is looking to shine in a fast growing company, Booker is for you!

Cons

If you are someone who sits on the back-burner and waits for tasks to be handed to you, you may not be a good fit for Booker.

Keep up the great work!

A place where you don't want the end of the day to come!

I have been working at Booker full-time

Pros

-Continuous Growth
    -Crazy amounts of collaboration
    -A KILLER product
    -Exposure to so many diverse and talented people
    -ACTUALLY being able to love your work, environment, and position!

Cons

No matching on the 401k.
    I wish there was more going on in the area. ( That being said....AMAZING views)

More Booker events like our "Booker Olympics"! We love that stuff!

The Company Really Cares About It's Employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Booker full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fantastic product that keeps getting better. Best part about working at Booker is the people! It truly feels like you are a part of a family.The company throws really nice events for their employees. Great venues and team building activities. Upper management really get involved in these fun events which makes it nice having everyone interact with one another. I've worked at other companies and never have I've seen such importance put on culture and the happiness of their employees.

Cons

These fun events are great but stop having them on Mondays, please. It makes getting up on Tuesday difficult. :)

Continue getting involved in team building activities. It has such a positive effect on us employees. It makes us feel like you care to spend your time with us.

Where really smart people do really cool....stuff

I have been working at Booker full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Awesome product that really helps small to medium sized businesses
    - Rapid growth, more internal promotions and transfers
    - Increasing product training, company-wide
    - Increasing transparency and communication
    - Smart and passionate tech and product team
    - Tech stack isn't super sexy, but what we're doing with it is pretty darn cool

Cons

- Financial District location
    - There has been a communication breakdown between departments in the past, but the company is really spearheading fostering inter departmental and cross-functional communication and collaboration
    - No 401k match
    - Frequent desk moves (don't grow attached to your window seat)

Keep up the good work and get better fruit - that stuff goes bad the next day!

Great product, great people, fun work environment

I have been working at Booker full-time

Pros

There have been huge enhancements in improving the product and general customer experience. The CEO cares greatly about his employees and celebrates successes with the team. There are lots of fun activities for employees and an investment in professional growth. Management is open to time off and promote a healthy work life balance. Often times, employees stay well past close simply because they really like each other.

Cons

Like all companies, there are silos that need to be broken down, specifically within the Product/Tech area. A lack of having a central operations team causes a breakdown in communication and as a result causes territorial issues. Company communication is often after the fact and not pro-active additionally the meeting culture is counter-productive and often unnecessary. The HR team should develop a company-wide rewards program so there is a brand consistency as well as improving the health benefits and considering a 401k match.

There is an experience gap at Booker, lots of entry level staff with limited professional experience (tons of Booker product experience) vs senior management and above with years of professional experience (no Booker product experience). Those without professional experience outside of Booker don't realize how good they have it and often are the biggest critics and morale killers. This being said, developing a mandatory product and process training for the on-boarding of all new hires and existing employees will mitigate this and improve the culture -- this is urgent. Continue the fun activities but consider enhancing existing or adding other benefits (medical/401k match/bonus) as this is what retains staff.

Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Booker full-time

Pros

Booker is an amazing place to work! The atmosphere and culture are very exciting and motivating. We just had a new release that went exceptionally well so the company only keeps on improving. The company has a very bright future ahead of it. The employees work hard to take this company to new heights. The executives acknowledge the hard work that the employees do so it does not go unnoticed. I already have, and will continue to recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a job. There is no better company in my mind.

Cons

Commute to get there.

Keep doing what you're doing.

Worked for Booker? Contribute to the Community!