Booking.com

Booking.com Reviews

Updated Apr 9, 2014

Booking.com CEO Darren Huston

Darren Huston

Pros:
  • "Opportunity to travel and to meet new people (external and internal)"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Very nice working environment, fast growing company that never lets you get bored"
    in 12 reviews
Cons:
  • "You will be squized like an orange by slakers team leaders (noy all of them but a good number)"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Company culture only extends so far as the Netherlands border"
    in 7 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Do NOT be fooled!

Acquisition Account Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros-Brand awareness in Europe...the ONLY reason they're winning at the moment.

-Great industry networking opportunity

-overtime pay along with salary, works well when traveling and putting in long hours on the road.

-...I would be making it up

Cons-Incompetent Management team, very afraid of anyone who may have good work ethic and more industry experience than themself.

-Employees are trained to exhibit an equal, diverse, open, utopian type environment...however this is an act. The average employee in the New York office has been there 12 months, and are more than likely getting their feet wet in the corporate world (first job)...therefore disciples are easily manipulated and molded to shady company culture. If I ran into any of my co-workers later in life I would not hire!

-Although there are attempts to paint a "fun" picture, the environment is very tense....imagine supervisors looking over your shoulder. Imagine sales trainers stirring the pot with petty office gossip...imagine the trainers and supervisors conspiring against account managers for job security.

- The pay is below industry average.

-Not sure what the other subsricber was referring to but there are NO PERKS! Are you referring to an IATAN card? The perk is you get to keep your job.

-After you have submitted to the extensive background check (but no drug test hmmm??!?) you can count on insecure supervisors reaching out to friends in the industry to get the "scoop" on you...lol! sad.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to wake up...and I am addressing the big guys in Amsterdam...you may've sent your henchmen to the states to funnel info back to you, but they are going to DESTROY your company.

Sycophantic, inept, and unqualified management.

Wyoming, MI

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIt provides a regular paycheck.
The people in certain departments (i.e. IT and a few other Analysts) actually know what they're doing.
The company is making money hand over fist.
Relatively easy to build up your resume.

ConsMany of the people who get promoted aren't the most qualified, but they've done the most sucking up. One is example is of a candidate with neither managerial nor analytic experience was 'placed' in a position requiring both of those skill sets over another, fully qualified, candidate. And unfortunately this sort of thing isn't the exception, but the norm. This leads to abysmal moral and utter lack of loyalty towards the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your managers skills tests to determine if they're actually qualified for their position. Don't promote people that are wildly unqualified because you're friends. Make decisions based on data, not guesses and feelings.

it is a nice place to work but compensations sucks.

Partner Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Booking.com

ProsThe company is growing fast, you have a higher chance to be promoted faster than in other companies.

ConsCompensation, compensation, compensation ! ! !

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Incompetant, amateur and scared managment!

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsIts a job, barely.
Standard health package (thank you Priceline)
People from a hospitality background are friendly?
Great product for now

ConsLack of career growth
Lack of pay increase, poor pay
Lack of incentive
Product growth stalled and flat making "team bonus" goals impossible

European business model clashes with American capitalist mentality thus the meek and mindless stay and the innovators and achievers leave.

Extremely amateur managment from the top down. Hopefully new accredited CEO will clean up. Very unimpressive and average joes running the show; who need to ask their employees in group meetings what they should do. I was embarassed for them. Then quickly realized I WORKED FOR THEM! llol

If you have passion, drive, intelligence, pride and confidence move on to something else. Despite how bad the job market is its not hard to find better considering selling life insurance would be more satisfying and similarly both would hire almost anybody! LOL!

The managment is so clueless and non confrontational that if you are lazy you can get away with doing nothing and believe me people do.

Preceeding reviews very accurate and obvious common trends between offices only signifies problem exists from top down.

Truly a breath of fresh air to leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementPray Priceline doesn't realize they don't need any of you.

Unprofessional & Incompetent Management. Good ol' Girls Club.

Acquisition Account Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits
Hours (9-5:30pm)
Pay is ok (45k salary)
Location (Downtown in the Loop)
Company is great but the Chicago office is a bad apple.
Hopefully with the new CEO in charge, there will be some changes in management

ConsManagers have no confidence in themselves. They treat you like children, and you get to play a "game" if the internet is down. They like to hold meetings to hear themselves talk. They demean you in front of your colleagues. Morale in this office is low. It's sad when management stresses you out more than the actual work (which is simple and not very challenging unfortunately). Management is hypocritical and routinely leaves the office to go run personal errands (you know, like shopping cleaning supplies for an hour). I have never had to report a manager to HR before but I did here and was retaliated against. They do not do things the right way here which means using common sense and getting the job done. It's a joke. If you respect yourself and have a heart, work elsewhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen a fish rots, it rots from the head down. It starts with the arrogance that's in charge of North America. Re-assign them along with the management in Chicago. An increase in production would follow.

good place to work, low pay

Customer Care (Current Employee)
Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Booking.com

Prostravel discounts through IATAN and interesting talking to people all over the world.

Conspicky rules; communication is done mostly through email instead of face to face and management doesn't always respond to emails.

Advice to Senior Managementdon't ignore my emails. make the procedures more user friendly and respond to my feedback. increase my pay.

past faced, very friendly and innovative company

I have been working at Booking.com as a contractor for less than a year

Prosperks and benefits, nice co-workers, great office location and environment

Conssalaries are usually low, there is a very high turnover and HR could be better

I work here for the longest period.

IT Development Team Leader (Current Employee)
Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWorking here means working in the team of professionals. You can see results of your work immediately, you have freedom of choice of what to do and how to do it, minimal of management, maximum of work.

ConsCompany grows very fast, and you have to grow as well. So if you want to simply perform daily routine this company is not for you.

Great atmosphere, low salary

I have been working at Booking.com

ProsThe head office provides an excellent work environment. Work relationships are strong in this department with acknowledgement of the individual.

ConsThe salary is low considering the work that is executed and adjustments are slow or non-existent.

An average MNC

Coordinator (Former Employee)
Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

ProsGood exposures, training.

Good for fresh graduates.

ConsManagement doesn't look at your individual performance but only look at how well you pacify the bosses.

Dutch First, Europeans second and Asians third. Typical Foreign MNC culture.

Pay structure is average. But no 13th month bonus and only quarterly incentives which is below Par.

Advice to Senior ManagementRate people according to their performance and not the way the keep you happy personally..

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!

Booking.com Videos

Booking.com – Why Work for Us?

Booking.com B.V., part of Priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN), owns and operates Booking.com™. Booking.com was established in 1996 in Amsterdam, The Netherlands and has grown into the world’s leading online hotel and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Booking.com reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Booking.com CEO Darren Huston. All 168 reviews posted anonymously by Booking.com employees.