Booking.com Reviews

Reset
3.5
Booking.com CEO Darren Huston
Darren Huston

Pros
  • The head office provides an excellent work environment (in 24 reviews)

• End of year party in Amsterdam is great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low salary compensation and little help for employees that have to commute in public transportation from other cities (in 12 reviews)

• Work Life balance clearly at risk (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I enjoy working at Booking.com because of the people, travel and challenging work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Travel- I've traveled to countries I would've never thought I could ever visit.
    Personal Development- I was able to take control of my career and focus on my development along with the support of my manager.
    Training- I've had the opportunity to go to management training and cross- training in other offices.
    Culture- the people are awesome, we are encouraged to collaborate and share best practices amongst our team and with other offices.
    Other perks - free monthly lunch, yearly Annual meeting in Amsterdam.

Cons

Change is constant- if you're a creature of habit and routine, the constantly changing business can be frustrating.
    Fast paced environment- it can be difficult to keep up if you're not used to it. Keeps you on your toes.

Booking.yeah

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly developing oneself to grow with the demands of the job.
    Your opinions are heard
    Company continues to grow
    Great work environment - good relationships with colleagues

Cons

Work life balance can be tough to achieve

Advice to Management

Allow more flexible work schedules/ work from home

Reality with Great Diversity

Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Encouraging, positive environment (supportive co-workers and bright interior)
    • Multiple bonus options, many incentives, and benefits (the company gives you allowance when making reservation at hotels, and free trips to Amsterdam for annual meeting/party)
    • Opportunities for promotion
    • Thorough training program
    • Company makes an effort to compensate Cons

Cons

• Poor work/life balance (there is penalty for sick days, and I think that is enough said. Also when hired, you are told to pick shift preference, but you will not get shifts that you asked for. Breaks are very short as well.)
    • Numbers over quality (you have to meet certain target line: number of case you worked per hour, percentage of your customer satisfaction), and this probably will make you feel unsecured about your job.
    • High turnover rate
    • Sharing computer
    • Unsanitary bathroom (very nice office interior but once opening bathroom door, you will just want to walk away. Everyone knows but no one does anything about this, yuck!)

Advice to Management

Do you even read this anyway? Most of reviews here pretty much say one thing, 'diversity'. As if that is the most important thing in company. Generally, most of employees, just like you in management, we all want good balance of work and personal life. Not to mention more pay. 'Diversity' won't pay my bill, nor prevent getting penalty for sick days.
    But I know, nothing can change the company no matter what employees say..

Booking.corrupt

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people and traveling out of the office every now and then. There's always music playing, which probably bothers some people but I didn't mind it.

Cons

Upper management egregiously inexperienced with people. Pettiness, favoritism and gossip is rampant. A lot of empty promises. Significant absence of trust.

Advice to Management

Please stop going to HR for everything. Do your job, take a training on how to manage people, and take responsibility for your actions. Or better yet, shadow managers at other companies so you can learn how to lead effectively. And a note to corporate: stop hiring or promoting people to be managers without properly vetting them first.

6. CSE

I worked at Booking.com full-time

Pros

Good team, good training,
    Raise 5% every 6 months
    Good place to work if you love customer service

Cons

Attendance policy, they will not excuse even an absence for medical reasons
    Little opportunity for advancement
    Short breaks

Advice to Management

Well they will to renew the attendance policy because workers are not robots
    When a worker gets sick, his absence should be excused

Love this job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-relaxed environment
    -fast paced
    -travel
    -culture
    - atmosphere
    - on site Gym
    - on site cafeteria
    - fresh fruit daily, free of charge
    - coffee, cappuccino, tea, hot cocoa provided free of charge
    - travel discounts

Cons

-lower end of pay scale for this type of job
    - vacation time is earned each month, 8 hours per month of perfect attendance
    - unable to really plan in advance vacation time, as they do not take in account illness, this comes out of that balance.

Advice to Management

keep up the good work

Great Company

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Booking.com (More than 3 years)

Pros

Booking.com allows for employees to grow and learn in many different roles. If you work hard you are rewarded with promotions and higher pay.

Cons

Sometimes growth was to fast for communication and implementation

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and the focus on the employee

It's a job. Used to be a lot better before they got greedy.

Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent office environment, Amsterdam trips, nice benefits.

Cons

Favoritism, unreasonable goals, work overload for such a low pay. You only get promoted if you play the management-puppet game, not really about your job experience or how you do your job.

Advice to Management

You should stop hiring new agents every month and instead focus on the agents that have been here a while and know how to do their jobs. You can't expect people to work well and productively when you have agents answering back to back to back calls on 2-3 different languages and giving them a hard time on time management while trying to finalize and resolve situations.

10. Recruiter

Current Employee - Recruiter in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Renton, WA

I have been working at Booking.com (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is so friendly. The environment is very welcoming and open. This has definitely been the best employer I have every have.

Cons

There have been no downsides.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

Working at Booking.com for Dummies

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Booking.com

Pros

I have been working for Booking.com for just under a year. I have seen a lot that goes on here, and I am going to tell you everything you need to know about it.

Booking.com has been at this location for about 15 months now. They are growing at an incredible speed, and there is a lot of change going on. This can be good and bad. Growing fast means a lot of hiring for every position in the office. You hear other companies say that they “hire/promote from within” and then nothing ever happens.. That is the complete opposite about this company. I have seen people start as Customer Service Representatives and then become seniors, quality associates, recruiting assistants, trainers, team leads, and even Operations managers. True Story. If you are motivated, a team player, energetic, adaptable, and put a smile on your face while providing customer service the best you can.. You will be promoted, and that’s not just for the Seattle/Bellevue office. You can transfer to any location you can imagine… Again.. True story. And remember Booking.com is an international company, with offices all around the world.

Booking.Change- Change can be hard for some people. Some people need those concrete instructions, and it’s hard for them to adapt when something fluctuates. This is a newer company in the Greater Seattle Area and they are still trying to work out a couple kinks. They are hiring a lot of new people who might be trying to figure out the best way to manage their employees. The training has changed a lot since they opened. The interview process has changed a couple times. They have switched from one Customer Service program to another just a couple months ago. They are still trying to figure out the correct/fair way to distribute different shifts throughout the day.

Having said all that. All this change is a good thing too. You can sincerely tell that this company cares about their employees. Booking provides these huge Starbucks machines that make you anything you want. Anything. Free fresh fruit delivered every morning. An Xbox one with comfy lounge chairs everywhere, can you say FIFA tournament? A ping pong table. Even a Shuffleboard table. This office is gorgeous. Bright, open, and also has one of the best views of Seattle I’ve seen.. From Bellevue. Tuition reimbursement, Travel reimbursement, ORCA Cards, Free Parking. New Monitors, headsets, Ergonomic Office desks, and Chairs. Company sporting events, company sport teams, hiking clubs, and board game clubs. What else can you ask for? I know what you are thinking.. “Great we are just sitting down all day and can’t get any exercise?” Would a onsite gym be what you are looking for? Because they have that too. But wait- What about benefits…? They give us great benefits, and 401K. Booking.com does this because they know people with a lot to offer want to work for companies that have empathy, enthusiasm, and have a progressive culture.

I should probably also mention that employees are often hired in as a Contingent staff members. I know this can be hard for some people because you don’t know what can happen.. You might need to quit your other job to take this one.. What happens if you don’t get transitioned into a Booking.com employee? Is that possible? Of course it is.. But I know that Booking.com truly has full intentions to hire everyone that goes through training. It’s just up to you when you start. Be on time, willing to learn, stay positive, and provide that outstanding Customer Service, and you could transition from a Contingent staff member to a Booking.com employee in less than 3 months. This means that in those first couple months, you are building up towards being a Booking.com employee and receiving the full benefits package.

Scheduling. Dun. Dun. Dun!!! Scheduling can be difficult. But so can we. You might have a harder schedule for a couple months, but you will get an opportunity to bid to change it. The scheduling team seems to be very accommodating for bus schedules after training, and approve most vacations I have seen. The office is open from 6:00AM-11:30PM Monday-Sunday so you won’t ever work overnight.. But when it comes down to it; this is a job. A good job. If you want to get involved in a good company, and grow just as fast as the office does.. I think you can stick it out. Typically, when a person first joins us, they are asked to work the 2nd shift and to work weekends at times.

Training is a blast. You are bombarded with culture. Around 25 new hires are in a classroom setting and you will be trained on most if not all of the questions and calls you will receive. The trainers are amazing. Very outgoing, very positive, and extremely helpful. This company invests in their employees, and it all starts with how you are trained. You will be nervous the first day, but who isn’t. By graduation, you will be hanging out outside of work with the same people you didn’t know 5 weeks earlier.

Management is very supportive, devoted, and dependent on your success.. They all have different styles of management, but from my perspective they all work. All of the Team Leads are friendly, and actually care about their teams. The operation managers, HR, and higher ups are always thinking of new ways to show their appreciation to the office, and the success the office has had. They all walk the floors and you wouldn’t be able to tell who is who unless you asked. They even could just sit next to you for the day and work there… Pretty cool.

Hope this answers any of the questions, or concerns you might have.

Cons

The pay is a little low. That can be hard. But what do you truly want out of your job, and your life? Extra money, or waking up happy knowing you are going to a place that respects and appreciates what you do.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed