Booking.com

Booking.com Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Booking.com CEO Darren Huston

Darren Huston

Pros
  • Work colleagues are great and meeting people from all over the globe(in 12 reviews)

• For me, the work environment is what beats all the other companies out there(in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Company culture only extends so far as the Netherlands border(in 7 reviews)

• extremely low pay for the huge work load(in 7 reviews)

An experience that has to be done!

Coordinator Hotels (Current Employee) Rome (Italy)

ProsCompany leader, especially in Italy. No too much pressure but time for personal projects. Gives you real insight of the distribution online in the hospitality industry.

ConsPersonally I wouldn't stay forever as it won't give me everything I want to grow but certainly a good start.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep high the team spirit without exasperating your people like it's done in other companies

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Among one of the better companies to work for

Customer Service Executive (Former Employee) Lille (France)

ProsWonderful place to work, multicultural environment and friendly management/people

ConsNone whatsoever, working there has been a really good experience for me and for my career development.

Booking.com Recruiting Manager, Americas responded to this review

Jul 8, 2014

We appreciate your thoughts, thanks!

Great people and opportunities

ProsYou will meet great people at Booking.com. People are highly motivated, take ownership and get recognition for their efforts. The culture is unique and you will learn a lot in this company.

ConsSalary not always competitive.

Booking.com Recruiting Manager, Americas responded to this review

Jul 8, 2014

Thanks for adding your feedback.
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wouldn't work for another company!

Team Lead (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsFor me, the work environment is what beats all the other companies out there. The amount of different cultures, the relaxed atmosphere, not being micromanaged, having opportunity to learn and develop on a day to basis. Yes the work may be repetitive, but at the end of the day it is what YOU do and how pro active you are in your own development.

ConsSalary could be higher.

Amazing place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

ProsBooking.com is definetly a great place to work. It has got a dynamic atmosphere and due to its fast pace and onoging chages, you'll never get bored. People are smart and despite being from different countries, they all kind of have the same profile: positive attitude and willingness to help others. They're really opened to new ideas and embrace you as an important player to the business.

ConsBasically you've got to be flexible and easily adaptable to new situations. Things change very fast and you've gotta be prepared to accept new challenges and adapt yourself with the new guidelines, thus you're also able to question them and suggest your inputs.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue showing your employees you care, providing a great atmosphere and keep people motivated.

Great learnings, no nonsense

User Experience Designer (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsBooking.com has an awesome atmosphere, people here are smart, friendly and helpful. It has this startup feeling but it's a big company. Great place to learn from others, everyone is open to hear you, everything is data-driven.

ConsSometimes it has something I'd call growing pains, but because nothing is written down in stone, it's always open to improvement, as long as it makes sense, and there's data backing up the idea.

Advice to Senior ManagementCareer paths could me more specific, with clear steps to do in order to get promoted for instance. But meritocracy is valued and this is a good point.

Welcoming atmosphere & fast changing international environment with exciting challenges and the opportunity to learn

IT Recruitment (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsAs the company is constantly growing, so you can develop yourself simultaneously. With the right mindset, you can learn something new every day. This stimulates the creativity and resourcefulness of employees which makes the environment invigorating, positive and unique.

You are also encouraged to really make a difference and help the company grow as there is always the opportunity for each and every one to come up with innovative initiatives which could lead to better overall performances.

You can also get to know new people every day as Booking.com attracts and hires people globally with a very wide variety of backgrounds which is really a perk of working here. This authentic diversity and the drive to go for a successful product together represents a unique solidarity that characterizes Booking.com

ConsIf you don't like to work in a company that grows and therefore moves fast and forward and looks ahead instead of back, this is not the place for you. You will experience constant change and hard work which some people can experience as stressful. If you see this is a welcome challenge then Booking.com is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot specifically advice to management. But the external communication (to Media/PR) could actually improve from time to time.

Great place to work

ProsCarreer opportunites, working with smart people, much hackathons.

ConsPressure can be high sometimes

I work here for the longest period.

IT Development Team Leader (Current Employee) Amsterdam (Netherlands)

ProsWorking here means working in the team of professionals. You can see results of your work immediately, you have freedom of choice of what to do and how to do it, minimal of management, maximum of work.

ConsCompany grows very fast, and you have to grow as well. So if you want to simply perform daily routine this company is not for you.

Booking

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsEnvironment, innovation freedom, stronger culture, trainings, opportunities to grow. The best company I ever worked.

ConsThe salary isn't high. But you can work in a great company that give you the value and acknowledgement.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!