Booking.com

Updated September 10, 2014
3.2

Booking.com CEO Darren Huston
Darren Huston

Pros
  • Work colleagues are great and meeting people from all over the globe (in 12 reviews)

• For me, the work environment is what beats all the other companies out there (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Company culture only extends so far as the Netherlands border (in 7 reviews)

• extremely low pay for the huge work load (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Booking.com loves there employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

I absolutely love the the company and wish there was a call center in Vegas

Cons

no cons at all company was grreeaattt!

Please continue to love on your employees- Couture

Great environment for those with an entrepreneurial spirit and I look forward to coming to work everyday.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Booking.com is a place where the cliche "you get what you put in" rings true. If you're looking for an employer that rewards you with advancement just because you show up everyday, this is not the place. Work hard, and help the business grow and you'll be nicely rewarded, both with advancement and financially.

Cons

Entitled employees who expect that just because the company does well, that they should be part of that success without pulling their weight. I guess this naturally come from a company thats actually growing during a bad economic time.

Keep moving the business forward by focusing on the long term plans for Booking and make sure you share these plans with the whole employee population.

I truly enjoy coming to work every day

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since I joined - 4 years ago, I have grown in every aspect. From my interactions with others, confidence in myself, experience with data, technology, IT, finance, customer service, people. You name it. Every week I think I already know everything there is to know about our systems, users, data. But every week, I am proven wrong. I work in a team where everyone is hard worker – we all push each other further and further. We have awesome team dynamics - we challenge each other, I can and do speak my mind and share what is on my mind. I am proud of what my team does. And finally, I truly enjoy working for Booking.com. I am passionate about it’s values, it’s culture, about what it stands for and what it does not stand for. I feel strong connection to our product and what we do. I look forward to get up and go to work every day.

Cons

Challenges of working for Booking.com are those of highly dynamic changing environment. You must be flexible and willing to work with the flowing world we face each day - there is no "truth" except for what customers wants. If you put too much value into being right, you will not be happy here. Everyone is wrong, until proven right with data.

Please stay data driven, keep the customer as your primary focus. Keep the flat structure and do not get too comfortable.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An experience that has to be done!

Current Employee - Coordinator Hotels  in  Rome (Italy)
    Current Employee - Coordinator Hotels in Rome (Italy)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company leader, especially in Italy. No too much pressure but time for personal projects. Gives you real insight of the distribution online in the hospitality industry.

Cons

Personally I wouldn't stay forever as it won't give me everything I want to grow but certainly a good start.

Keep high the team spirit without exasperating your people like it's done in other companies

Among one of the better companies to work for

Former Employee - Customer Service Executive  in  Lille (France)
    Former Employee - Customer Service Executive in Lille (France)

I worked at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Wonderful place to work, multicultural environment and friendly management/people

Cons

None whatsoever, working there has been a really good experience for me and for my career development.

Booking.com Response

Jul 8, 2014Recruiting Manager, Americas

We appreciate your thoughts, thanks!

Great people and opportunities

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You will meet great people at Booking.com. People are highly motivated, take ownership and get recognition for their efforts. The culture is unique and you will learn a lot in this company.

Cons

Salary not always competitive.

Booking.com Response

Jul 8, 2014Recruiting Manager, Americas

Thanks for adding your feedback.

Wouldn't work for another company!

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For me, the work environment is what beats all the other companies out there. The amount of different cultures, the relaxed atmosphere, not being micromanaged, having opportunity to learn and develop on a day to basis. Yes the work may be repetitive, but at the end of the day it is what YOU do and how pro active you are in your own development.

Cons

Salary could be higher.

Amazing place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Booking.com is definetly a great place to work. It has got a dynamic atmosphere and due to its fast pace and onoging chages, you'll never get bored. People are smart and despite being from different countries, they all kind of have the same profile: positive attitude and willingness to help others. They're really opened to new ideas and embrace you as an important player to the business.

Cons

Basically you've got to be flexible and easily adaptable to new situations. Things change very fast and you've gotta be prepared to accept new challenges and adapt yourself with the new guidelines, thus you're also able to question them and suggest your inputs.

Continue showing your employees you care, providing a great atmosphere and keep people motivated.

Great learnings, no nonsense

Current Employee - User Experience Designer  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Booking.com has an awesome atmosphere, people here are smart, friendly and helpful. It has this startup feeling but it's a big company. Great place to learn from others, everyone is open to hear you, everything is data-driven.

Cons

Sometimes it has something I'd call growing pains, but because nothing is written down in stone, it's always open to improvement, as long as it makes sense, and there's data backing up the idea.

Career paths could me more specific, with clear steps to do in order to get promoted for instance. But meritocracy is valued and this is a good point.

Welcoming atmosphere & fast changing international environment with exciting challenges and the opportunity to learn

Current Employee - IT Recruitment  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - IT Recruitment in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

As the company is constantly growing, so you can develop yourself simultaneously. With the right mindset, you can learn something new every day. This stimulates the creativity and resourcefulness of employees which makes the environment invigorating, positive and unique.

You are also encouraged to really make a difference and help the company grow as there is always the opportunity for each and every one to come up with innovative initiatives which could lead to better overall performances.

You can also get to know new people every day as Booking.com attracts and hires people globally with a very wide variety of backgrounds which is really a perk of working here. This authentic diversity and the drive to go for a successful product together represents a unique solidarity that characterizes Booking.com

Cons

If you don't like to work in a company that grows and therefore moves fast and forward and looks ahead instead of back, this is not the place for you. You will experience constant change and hard work which some people can experience as stressful. If you see this is a welcome challenge then Booking.com is the place for you.

Not specifically advice to management. But the external communication (to Media/PR) could actually improve from time to time.

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!