Booking.com

Updated September 16, 2014
3.2

Booking.com CEO Darren Huston
Darren Huston

Pros
  • Work colleagues are great and meeting people from all over the globe (in 12 reviews)

• For me, the work environment is what beats all the other companies out there (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • Company culture only extends so far as the Netherlands border (in 7 reviews)

• extremely low pay for the huge work load (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

not the company to make money

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Vienna (Austria)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Vienna (Austria)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Definitely people in the company, Booking Annual Meeting, working hours, team events

Cons

Low salary, low growth potential, market saturation, micro management, Repetitiveness, More Support than Sales,

try to keep good people and reward them with growth chances otherwise they will leave

Booking.com loves there employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Executive  in  Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

I absolutely love the the company and wish there was a call center in Vegas

Cons

no cons at all company was grreeaattt!

Please continue to love on your employees- Couture

Booking.cult

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Booking.com

Pros

Not one. Not one. Not one. Not one.

Cons

Terrible pay.
    Fake people.
    People that gossip and they call it a managers meeting.
    Ingrates.
    A glorified factory. Instead of sewing machines it's a computer and phone.
    All the positive reviews are fake.
    Not enough napkins to go around so that people can wipe their mouths from brown nosing.
    People that don't have a change of clothes.

Buying up companies doesn't make you look better to your competitors. It only brings you more problems having to juggle a bunch of companies at the same time.
    Managers titles are earned not bought
    Company has zero structure.
    One day it goes like this and the next day it goes like that.
    And then call it fast pace and change.
    That's because you have youngsters running around playing in the sand building sand castles that end up crashing down with an ice bucket challenge.
    So I say to management stay in your sand house and let's see how far that gets you. While you think you're better than your competitor I'm sure they are having good times reading every negative comment on here.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company to work for

I worked at Booking.com for more than a year

Pros

growing super fast and making LOTS of money

Cons

changing super fast with LOTS of money

Fun place to work but low salaries

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

This place offers good work-life balance. Weekends are almost always yours (unless you are in customer service). People are generally nice and work well together.

Cons

This place is growing fast and is getting big. There's some internal politics that comes with that. Promotions aren't transparent and there's a huge discrepancy in compensation amongst peers.

Pay people more. Please. You only get what you pay for. Those who are staying for low pay do so because they can't go anywhere else. They will eventually hinder your growth.

Good but be ready to be business orineted

Current Employee - IT Developer  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - IT Developer in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

good atmosphere
    good compensation
    a lot of trainings

Cons

not best choice for technically oriented developers

Overall good...

Current Employee - Language Specialist  in  Copenhagen (Denmark)
    Current Employee - Language Specialist in Copenhagen (Denmark)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Open company culture, enthusiasm, first movers. Good benefits program as well.

Cons

Lack of development opportunities and lack of time resources to support development of employees

Take a chance and let someone live out their potential

Stop Wasting Time and Leave This Joke of a Company

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When I first started it was a great company. However, that has completely gone out the window. The only Pro's are that you can wear jeans and Priceline looks great on your resume, that's it. You also get to go to Amsterdam for the year end party but after one visit and their attempt to brainwash you, you will leave disgusted.

Cons

Here is an in depth list of cons because everybody should know just how terrible this place is to work.
    - salary is $15-20k less than direct competitors and they know this but simply do not care. They will tell you that fresh fruit and coffee are part of your salary. In the US we actually work for money but it's a Dutch company so it is what it is.
    -culture is "Booking blue" which means be extremely fake. They try to paint a picture like everything is going great and people are happy but I bet close to 60% of US employees are looking elsewhere for employment.
    - Amsterdam- the most arrogant bunch of people in leadership positions. Sorry but I can't take you seriously in your ripped jeans and t-shirt. Stop acting like your curing cancer because your just underpaid slaves like the rest of us. Their motto is "workhorses not show ponies" . It was a chore not to be combative with this egotistical idiots.
    Why would I be a show pony? You don't pay people regardless Lol
    - senior management- I can't respect you because all you do is take orders from Amsterdam. You know you cannot manage either so stop kidding yourself.
    -personal development- they don't offer much but there is no point to develop yourself there. For what, a $5k raise and triple the workload? Take everything you learn and jump ship! They like to hire externally for those kind of positions, or bring someone from Amsterdam who you will just love!

Have a backbone and challenge these things being implemented from Amsterdam. Stop being such pacifists! What's the worst that could happen lose your job? There's plenty of jobs out there where you can actually make money! My advice to everyone is stop being comfortable and look elsewhere and in the meantime revolt against these tools!

Awesome atmosphere, low salaries

Current Employee - Coordinator Hotels  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Coordinator Hotels in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Booking is a great company to work for and to grow. The average period before you get promoted is about 8 months to a year. It's perfect, especially for young graduates. There are several departments that are really good: Hotels, Webmarketing, Strategic Partnerships and all IT departments. The people are friendly, there are a lot of trainings available, fun parties, young vibe.

Cons

I wouldn't recommend working for Content, Customer Service and Finance/Credit Control. The growth possibilities there are less and the atmosphere can be sometimes quite negative.
    The salaries on most positions are rather low for the workload and the ROI. On the other hand, you can grow quite fast and after a few years you can leave the company with an excellent qualification

Most managers are young and unexperienced which is okay. But just listen to your team and ask more frequently feedback

Great environment for those with an entrepreneurial spirit and I look forward to coming to work everyday.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I have been working at Booking.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Booking.com is a place where the cliche "you get what you put in" rings true. If you're looking for an employer that rewards you with advancement just because you show up everyday, this is not the place. Work hard, and help the business grow and you'll be nicely rewarded, both with advancement and financially.

Cons

Entitled employees who expect that just because the company does well, that they should be part of that success without pulling their weight. I guess this naturally come from a company thats actually growing during a bad economic time.

Keep moving the business forward by focusing on the long term plans for Booking and make sure you share these plans with the whole employee population.

Worked for Booking.com? Contribute to the Community!