Booking.com Reviews

Reset
3.5
Booking.com CEO Darren Huston
Darren Huston

Pros
  • The head office provides an excellent work environment (in 24 reviews)

• End of year party in Amsterdam is great (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Very low salary compensation and little help for employees that have to commute in public transportation from other cities (in 12 reviews)

• Work Life balance clearly at risk (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

I enjoy working at Booking.com because of the people, travel and challenging work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Travel- I've traveled to countries I would've never thought I could ever visit.
    Personal Development- I was able to take control of my career and focus on my development along with the support of my manager.
    Training- I've had the opportunity to go to management training and cross- training in other offices.
    Culture- the people are awesome, we are encouraged to collaborate and share best practices amongst our team and with other offices.
    Other perks - free monthly lunch, yearly Annual meeting in Amsterdam.

Cons

Change is constant- if you're a creature of habit and routine, the constantly changing business can be frustrating.
    Fast paced environment- it can be difficult to keep up if you're not used to it. Keeps you on your toes.

2. Fun company but poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Booking.com (Less than a year)

Pros

Get to travel to Amsterdam for trainings and annual meeting. Flexibility in working schedule. Young crowd.

Cons

Inconsistency in the operation of the company. Managers have a lack of training. The company is very forceful and does not allow the employees to have a mind of their own, if so, you get a bad performance review. The company is getting too big and they want everyone to be robots. No advancement.

3. Booking.com is the best place to work

Current Employee - Recruiter
    Current Employee - Recruiter

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Booking.com is a very international company. Due to the growth of the company there are a lot of possibilities to grow. The company gives you ownership and freedom in your work. The company culture is great.

Cons

Nothing I could mention at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep the company culture and do not make it too corporate.

5. Grow fast!

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Booking.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Super people, dynamic, successfull, 21st century management, great to start when you are under 30 years.

Cons

You must be lucky to make fast promotion, If you are stocked in your growth-just leave! Favoritsm play a role, local Area Manager have all power -friends with him promote faster as skills or results

Advice to Management

Cut in middle management - Seniors and Areas

6. Home Sweet Home

Current Employee - Account Manager in Panamá (Panama)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Panamá (Panama)

I have been working at Booking.com

Pros

The work environment is the best, its young, fun and alive. They take personal development very seriously and work with you to reach your goals (they don't just say it, they actually do it). You get paid to travel all over the world. There is no micromanagement. Everyone but EVERYONE is very approachable and all are willing to help. Work/Life balance is like it's supposed to be. The offices are great and have all you need.

Cons

Everything is constantly changing, you need to learn how to accept and adapt very quickly.

7. CSE

Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Berlin (Germany)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Berlin (Germany)

I have been working at Booking.com

Pros

- people are awesome; you are most likely to stay friends with your colleafues even after you leave the company
    - free lunches / dinner
    - possibility to swap shifts, certain flexibility
    - 100% work/life balance. The minute your shift is over, you walk out of the office and leave the work behind

Cons

- so little room for growth, you start to "suffocate" in a while. For every open position higher than Customer Service Executive HR gets at least 25 internal applications. Virtually impossible to get a promotion
    - all interesting positions are based in Amsterdam. Limited positions open in Berlin (or any other regional office in Europe)

Reality with Great Diversity

Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Executive in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Encouraging, positive environment (supportive co-workers and bright interior)
    • Multiple bonus options, many incentives, and benefits (the company gives you allowance when making reservation at hotels, and free trips to Amsterdam for annual meeting/party)
    • Opportunities for promotion
    • Thorough training program
    • Company makes an effort to compensate Cons

Cons

• Poor work/life balance (there is penalty for sick days, and I think that is enough said. Also when hired, you are told to pick shift preference, but you will not get shifts that you asked for. Breaks are very short as well.)
    • Numbers over quality (you have to meet certain target line: number of case you worked per hour, percentage of your customer satisfaction), and this probably will make you feel unsecured about your job.
    • High turnover rate
    • Sharing computer
    • Unsanitary bathroom (very nice office interior but once opening bathroom door, you will just want to walk away. Everyone knows but no one does anything about this, yuck!)

Advice to Management

Do you even read this anyway? Most of reviews here pretty much say one thing, 'diversity'. As if that is the most important thing in company. Generally, most of employees, just like you in management, we all want good balance of work and personal life. Not to mention more pay. 'Diversity' won't pay my bill, nor prevent getting penalty for sick days.
    But I know, nothing can change the company no matter what employees say..

Booking.yeah

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Constantly developing oneself to grow with the demands of the job.
    Your opinions are heard
    Company continues to grow
    Great work environment - good relationships with colleagues

Cons

Work life balance can be tough to achieve

Advice to Management

Allow more flexible work schedules/ work from home

10. Cse

Current Employee - ASE
    Current Employee - ASE

I have been working at Booking.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with,

Cons

When I started with booking, I was told what a fun environment it was, lots of training, everybody is willing to help, lay back environment.. It's not true, Booking wants the impossible for the employees!!! You are trained ( very bad training) on such a rush, don't even have time to ask any questions, but they say " have questions" ask ask ask " !! Whe can't , but there will be no answer, there is never time to answer. Then you go to the floor, like in a cage full of lions, where you have to take calls that you were never trained on it.. And if you try to transfer the call, the CSE will give a excuse and don't take your call.. So, you call Senior Line, that takes forever to answer the phone... Very disappointed with Booking

Advice to Management

Give a better training, give us time to ask questions, don't make us do something that we weren't trained on it, but if you must do, please give a real training!!

11. Booking.com

I have been working at Booking.com

Pros

Ambiance , collèges jeune, salaire et bonus pas mal .

Cons

changements d'horaire, travaille sur les fériés tous les fériés , vacances difficile à prendre

Advice to Management

...

RSS Feed </> Embed