Boostability

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014
4.1

Travis Thorpe

Great place to work, excellent leadership.

Current Employee - Partner Manager  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Partner Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Boostability full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the flexibility and leadership with my department. Everyone is great to work with, and there is a fun team atmosphere. Great CEO.

Cons

Low entry level wages for account management, high turnover due to this.

Continue participating in company wide events, and letting everyone get to know you and how awesome you are!

Great Culture and Product!

Current Employee - Sales Administrative  in  Lindon, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Administrative in Lindon, UT

I have been working at Boostability full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is awesome! They really do a lot to help us grow together as a team. I know they spend a lot of time and effort in creating socials and parties so we can have an enjoyable time.

Cons

Sometimes the communication between departments isn't the best.

Potential for Great opportunity, however poorly Managed

Current Employee - Partner Account Manager  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Partner Account Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Boostability full-time for less than a year

Pros

I like the freedom, and the ability to work at your own pace. I like the process, and the ability to learn more about SEO. I like the people I work with.

Cons

Management, is terrible, your concerns aren't addressed, in a timely manner. It seems if you have a problem, or even a suggestion for improving processes, it gets swept under a rug, until you forget, or bring it up, again and again and again. Boostability is about the cheapest, if you do great work, work hard, there is no such thing as a Merit Raise, or even a reward for an excelling employee. Instead you are told to wait until the end of the year, which is hard to trust because of the lack of consistency. People leave are always looking for other opportunities of employment, and Boostabilty, does not care about employee retention, it seems that the company has a the mindset that they can keep feeding people through the system, for less money than to develop talent over time. I have seen several employees with outstanding skills, and that are some of the best employees Boostability has leave because Boostability does not recognize outstanding talent, instead they stick with the average.

Processes are very slow, when I got hired, I was told I would have an offer letter the next day, and did not receive the letter for 2 weeks. Also, the benefits don't seem to be competitive to other places.

There is a good amount of nepotism at Boostability as well. Family of management is untouchable.

Show more appreciation for talent. Show a lot more consistency and follow through. Develop talent, and utilize individuals to better a team, rather than your way or the highway. Be competitive, it is a lot easier to retain employees, than to hire and train new ones constantly. Give merit to those that deserve merit. Let employees that are appreciated, know that they are valued.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Seems good at first, but that quickly changes

Former Employee - SEO Specialist  in  Orem, UT
    Former Employee - SEO Specialist in Orem, UT

I worked at Boostability full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are pretty easy to get along with and hours are very flexible. Definitely a good job for those in college.

Cons

Boostability isn't by any means a bad company, they just need to be more clear on what is going on. They don't really educate their employees about SEO and then wonder why nobody knows anything about it. To be fair, they do try to make efforts to improve in this area, but when they consistently hire people who couldn't care less about SEO you wonder why they even bother. The pay for almost every position is bad. It's probably okay for those in college just looking for a paycheck, but for those who work full time and are knowledgeable about SEO, it's awful. The way they have it set up is that you don't really have to do the work of a real SEO Specialist. The problem with this is that you don't gain any good SEO experience. You could stay there for 10 years and you still wouldn't know how to do what a real SEO Specialist does.

Look for people with experience in SEO or at least those who are willing to learn.

A stepping stone

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lehi, UT

I worked at Boostability full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's actually a pretty fun work atmosphere and there's a lot of great people that work there. You can get some great experience here in web marketing and marketing as a whole if you really don't have much as they will hire you if you don't sound like a complete idiot in your interview.

Cons

I have a few gripes about Boost but all at the same time I now understand a few of my frustrations with the company from management's point of view. I remember being an employee of this company and just wanting to walk out some days because of a few things. Here's my opinion about these few things...

So given that they train you more or less in most of the jobs you don't need much experience besides knowing how to surf the internet they don't pay too well. This is great if you are just starting in marketing and SEO, which let's be honest if you're applying to Boost you are.

Benefits aren't bad, 7 days PTO when I started, the average person is sick 4 days of the year, but they are now doing accruals on top of the 7 days which is an improvement. But again, refer to the last paragraph as to why this is almost fair given they probably trained you with no prior experience.

The actual product is pretty terrible from an SEO standard. Management will fight this and everyone knows it but nobody ever says it. Boostability is a spam farm plain and simple. The low level links are bad and are subject to Google updates. The higher paid links are a part of a blog network that for some crazy reason Google just seems to look the other way on. I still remember when Cutts wrote a blog article damning "guest blogging", which if you read that article it is word for word what Boost does. Upper management sent out an email to everyone telling them that what we do is not guest blogging and to avoid this question if any customers bring it up. With that being said nobody ever said Boost was a premium SEO product. Their main customer base is the local market and these SEO Tactics left over from 2003 still work for a local company in a local area. It is what it is.

Some of management is weak and then there's managers that are amazing. Things are getting better in this regard slowly as they filter in and out. Every company is like this.

All in all Boost isn't so bad. It's a great company if you're starting out but long term it doesn't offer much unless you're fine working for a lower end quality SEO company.

Culture-focused, fast-growing company

Current Employee - Co-Team Lead: SEO Quality & Education  in  Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Co-Team Lead: SEO Quality & Education in Orem, UT

I have been working at Boostability full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company is focused on creating the best experience for their customers (including partners and employees). I have never worked for another company that does for its employees what Boostability does for its. There are so many opportunities to grow and to experience new job titles.

Cons

We are all spread throughout 3 locations and so it can be difficult to get to know everyone.

Boostability Response

Sep 4, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. We are happy to know you are having a good experience here and we will continue to try to have events and activities that allow all three offices to ... More

Fast growing company with plenty of opportunities.

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Boostability full-time for more than a year

Pros

There give great training and expansion of your existing knowledge. I've received plenty of opportunity to move already and feel like I really have a career here at Boost.

Cons

Lack of a retirement plan is a bit disappointing but not a deal breaker.

Provide more corporate training that can help your employees understand SEO and websites and be able to speak with greater confidence to our clients.

Boostability Response

Sep 4, 2014Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to give some feedback. We appreciate the advice, we are implementing an improved training process that will allow all of our employees to be better trained, and feel ... More

Innovative company with an adaptation-focused culture.

Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist  in  Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Specialist in Orem, UT

I have been working at Boostability part-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of growth opportunities are presented at Boostability. Most positions are hired from within. The company goal is for all employees to gain an ever-growing knowledge of SEO.

Cons

There are a lot of changes going on right now. The new benefit program that was recently introduced should be a real help.

Keep up the consistency as the company continues to grow at an extremely fast rate.

Rapidly growing company with startup feel

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Boostability full-time

Pros

I really appreciate that we're constantly being asked for feedback. There's a strong culture of growth and improvement. There are fun social events at least once a month. Plenty of free and subsidized food. There's also a new training series to instruct the entire company on SEO.

Cons

Seems some in the entry level positions aren't very happy. Many of their complaints stem from ObamaCare related restrictions.

Great Company that Cares!

Current Employee - Senior SEO Manager  in  Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior SEO Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Boostability full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have great culture and atmosphere with a work hard, play hard attitude. I love the fact that the harder you work the more you are recognized this helps create great team moral.

Cons

Initially there were some downfalls but I believe they have strived to correct any previous short-comings.

Continue caring about the individual employee. It is the small amount of attention from upper management that drives our great culture.

Worked for Boostability? Contribute to the Community!