Boots Reviews

Reset
3.4
Boots Managing Director Simon Roberts
Simon Roberts

Pros
  • e-learning is good; free staff uniform; staff discount (in 25 reviews)

• Good discount, good team to work with (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • The long hours culture that is just expected (in 11 reviews)

• customer service ethic disappears beyond the application and interview (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Enjoyable!

Former Employee - Christmas Customer Assistant in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at Boots part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had good pay I was given a chance for extra hours Good discount Regular breaks Management was understanding about school work

Cons

I can't think of any! I really enjoyed working there over Christmas and would want to do so again soon.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jul 27, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your employment with Boots.

2. Boots - customer assistant

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Boots (Less than a year)

Pros

friendly environment. busy day enabled me to stay on task and not get distracted. Enough breaks and good work life balance.

Cons

management were not too approachable and lazy. Some of my colleagues obviously had an issue with management and would make it known to staff constantly

Advice to Management

Become more involved with the people running the store. Also don't think that just because you are a manger you can walk past a shampoo bottle facing the wrong way and moan to the staff (who are engaged in other activities) to stop what they were doing and spin it round

3. Beauty Advisor

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Fountain Hills, AZ
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Fountain Hills, AZ

I have been working at Boots full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Making people feel good about themselves. It is so refreshing to see customers looking for a fresh new look and the smile they have walking out of the store.

Cons

Working on hard floors and standing, bending over to put inventory away and stocking issues with shortage of needed products

Advice to Management

This company should look at the big picture and maintain their professional behavior while completing the merger of two very different companies and the morale of the company they are trying to deal with.

Jul 27, 2015

Thank you taking the time to leave your feedback.

5. Poor Sales Experience

I worked at Boots full-time

Pros

Good starting pay for little sales experience job and all training. Compensation for gas mileage.

Cons

Very short, brief, and unsatisfactory training program. I was a beginner to sales as well as many of the other trainees, and after training many of us were not well prepared for the environment. We were placed in a field competing against other well-experience sales associates which was very uncomfortable and intimidating. This job experience made me hate sales and never want to work in a sales role ever again in my life. Although there was compensation for gas mileage, driving was a hassle, especially when management had the opportunity to place us in store locations close to the areas we lived by.

Advice to Management

Better training program and more assistance to help employees who are beginners to sales.

Jul 27, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We offer a variety of training courses, leadership programs and mentoring programs to colleagues at all levels of the company. We appreciate your ... More

6. I am a beauty expert at Walgreens, i love my job.

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Boots full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Building amazing relationships with both customers and Walgreen co-workers. Pay is great.

Cons

Standing on feet for long hours. Hours there cuts my days as so i cannot obtain a second job. Wants us to push sales on every customer that comes through door Goals at times are unattainable My store manager is super passive aggressive, which is annoying Our uniform sucks (raggidy tshirt, dress pants, dress shoes (all black), does not potray high class to me, or professional to me)

Advice to Management

My biggest advice would be to bring more make up that is competitive to other brands. More colors of eye shadows and lips, better eye pencils, and more shades of beautifully matte foundation. Our ability to be competitive in make up is our down fall.

Jul 27, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

7. Beauty Expert

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Portland, OR

I worked at Boots part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job for students or people wanting a weekend job. good pay plus commissions.

Cons

not many hours. environment in some stores is not conducive to sales.

May 19, 2015

Thank you for your feedback.

8. Make-Up Artist

Former Employee - Make -up Artist in Elk Grove, CA
    Former Employee - Make -up Artist in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Boots part-time

Pros

The nicest people I ever had the privilege of working with

Cons

Not enough hours for part time

Advice to Management

Stick to the way you treat your coworker's

May 1, 2015

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

9. Beauty Advisor

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor

I have been working at Boots part-time

Pros

Great flexibility as far as work schedule goes, good starting pay with exceptional benefits considering it's a part time position. Company gives not full, but many unique benefits to it's employees! Great products to sell and reputable brand, you will be proud to sell Boots' many product lines! Good training provided! Sales goals are fair and just challenging enough. A rewarding job! This job is a hidden gem!

Cons

Horrible communication policy! Only allowed to contact your trainers and managers within certain time periods. Product turn around is not fast enough! Boots, tell Target to buy more products and increase the shelf count so we can get more in! As beauty advisors we sell it for you, and the shelves sit empty for two weeks or longer until more comes in. Currently no career advancements available and who knows when they will be, company is doing great, they are just younger and newer in the U.S.

Advice to Management

Consistent communication is needed. In addition, District Managers need to come around more. Come visit your beauty advisors at their stores, spend an hour with them on the sales floor, go have a lunch together, etc. More verbal recognition would be nice. Challenges with rewards are always fun and a boost to keep going, more of those would be good.

Apr 14, 2015

We appreciate your feedback and we will share it further.

10. Standing in a Target cosmetic isle sucks.

Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Wellington, FL
    Former Employee - Beauty Advisor in Wellington, FL

Pros

Target discount was the only good thing about the job.

Cons

No benefits and had to carry supplies from my car

Advice to Management

Give it up, good luck the turnover for this position is multiple.

Apr 14, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

11. Love it, best company I've worked for!

Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Beauty Advisor in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Boots part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice management, work hard enough and def room to advance!

Cons

Have seen nothing bad so far

Advice to Management

More updated makeup products

Feb 9, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. Keep up with the good work.

RSS Feed </> Embed