Boots

Updated November 20, 2014
3.3

Boots Managing Director Simon Roberts
Simon Roberts

Pros
  • Staff discount was good and always felt appreciated as an employe (in 25 reviews)

• Always had good discount for Boots products and double discount days for staff (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours and not enough FTE mean that quite often the store has long queues (in 11 reviews)

• customer service ethic disappears beyond the application and interview (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Great part time job while at uni

Current Employee - Customer Assistant in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Assistant in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Boots part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible
    Good pay
    Good people
    Able to progress within the company if you want to

Cons

Stores can close quite late (11pm around Christmas) unless under 18 your expected to work some lates

Appreciate the excellent staff you have

excellent workplace and excellent people

Current Employee - Customer Assistant
    Current Employee - Customer Assistant

I have been working at Boots part-time

Pros

all, from work-life balance to office and store culture

Cons

Difficult getting a job and getting more working hours

none

Great place to work

Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Nottingham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Nottingham, England (UK)

I have been working at Boots full-time (more than an year)

Pros

My experience working in Boots Support Office has been really good. I join two years ago as a Recruitment Administrator in the Recruitment Service Center where I was able to develop my skills in various roles I undertook within only a year working in this area. I then moved into the HR Co-ordinator role, which I found particularly interesting due to the complexity of this role. I realise how many, various and interesting opportunities there are in Boots Head Office and there is plenty of room for development and training.

Cons

I don't have any negative comments so far.

Keep up the good work!

Graduate Boots Pharmacist

Current Employee - Graduate Pharmacist in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Graduate Pharmacist in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Boots full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Actual experience in working as a healthcare professional where you will be given the opportunity to progress and execute skills obtained throughout your academic journey.

Cons

Shift work, will always begin as a relief Pharmacist meaning you will be placed at different stores, but this could be a huge asset in finding your feet, gaining experience and learning as much as you can in a less pressured environment.

Good fun

Former Employee - Operations Assistant in Sheffield, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Operations Assistant in Sheffield, England (UK)

I worked at Boots part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The best part is the fun team that I got to work with. Another good advantage is that stores have many opportunities for extra shifts during busy periods. I found it is easy to move between role quite easily on the shop floor. Furthermore, for the job I think the pay is better than most other similar jobs.

Cons

Potential for increase in responsibility is low.

Keep up the good ethics.

Great company

I have been working at Boots full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great company, great benefits, staff discount, company credo and ethics, putting customer at the heart of everything we do is something that all employees focus on and is clear through all of our work.

Cons

Salary is lower than some pepper companies. Holidays are fewer than other companies. We have to pay to park in Nottingham

great

Current Employee - Dispenser in Girvan, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Dispenser in Girvan, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Boots full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

friendly company with good pay and bonuses for noticing the staffs roles

Cons

very busy and would be nice to have a bit more time with the customer

A great few years.

Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Stevenage, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Stevenage, England (UK)

I have been working at Boots part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I really liked that the management were always there for you as an individual and were always helping you improve and learn by giving you regular feedback. I felt that in the last two years I have really developed for example my social skills and my attitude to criticism and knock backs for example if a customer was not satisfied with a product or not interested what you were trying to sell. I felt that they were always trying to improve levels of communication and improve the team. We would often have staff meetings in order to discuss the year and would is well and what isn't.

Cons

Quite a few of my colleagues have found it difficult to get permanent contracts or more hours but the store would hire more people instead of offering more hours to staff, which some would be rather annoyed about.

Try and give people more hours especially if they are good staff and willing to work.

Lovely people

Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Kingston upon Hull, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Kingston upon Hull, England (UK)

I have been working at Boots part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at boots for 2 years whilst studying. I loved it. Great people and I was sad to leave.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about my experience

Keep it up!

Customer Assistant

Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Durham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Assistant in Durham, England (UK)

I have been working at Boots part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with a brilliant staff team in the Arnison Centre retail park store in Durham, Serving new customers all through the day and making customers happy, Enjoy working there, I am aged 17 and male and my pay rate per hour for my age is very good, Lots of overtime is given to staff during busy periods such as summer and christmas, Brilliant atmosphere to work in. Overall i am overly satisfied with my part time job as a customer assistant at boots at the present moment in time.

Cons

Personal growth and developing my future potential is currently unknown due to being only 17 years old. I would take any opportunity given to me to develop into a promotion. It can be challenging dealing with customers who are not happy no matter how much effort you try to put into it, but never the less it is very few customers who are like that. Budgets can be very hard to control and can be cut short.

One point i would like to improve within Boots is the Advantage card system. (Loyalty card). I believe that the physical form of putting the advantage card through the machine at the moment is not good enough due to it being chip faced upwards on the card and with there being two separate types of ad cards, The majority of customers will always assume that the card goes logo faced upwards whereas it is actually the card faced backwards with the magnetic chip facing upwards towards the till. It can be tiring to have to inform every customer the same information.