Booz Allen Hamilton

3.4 2,044 reviews

Booz Allen Hamilton Chairman and CEO Ralph W. Shrader

Ralph W. Shrader

(1,253 ratings)

Pros
  • Work-life balance is generally pretty good but also depends on the client you support(in 283 reviews)

• High opportunity ceiling; great benefits; worthwhile challenges; ability to influence work that matters(in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of relatively large changes over the past two years have impacted benefits and work-life balance(in 103 reviews)

• lack of work opportunities for personal growth and promotion, too many staffing levels(in 44 reviews)

2,044 Employee Reviews

Cushy, Flexible Job

ProsThings like working from home and flex hours make it a great place to work and avoid burnout

Consit's a big company and it can feel very lonely and isolating

Advice to Senior Managementthe hoteling system needs to change

The company is amazing with great benefits, but your client will determine your success.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsBenefits, great co-workers, felixible hours.

ConsYou really don't work for Booz Allen, you work for a client.....the client is who determines your success.

Internship Program

Intern - Hourly (Former Employee) Alexandria, VA

ProsAwesome benefits and salary as an intern and great resources. They always encourage you to learn, they have great networking strategies and events as well.

ConsSome employees did not have an interest in listening to the interns or considering their ideas or work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project manager

Project Manager (Former Employee) Corpus Christi, TX

ProsGreat benefits and salary. The access to resources is great because there is almost always someone at BAH that can do the job.

ConsLittle corporate on the reporting side. They love to have meetings and have weekly reports. They are classic report more than you work.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the local on site teams lead more change.

Best company I have worked for

Associate (Current Employee) North Charleston, SC

ProsGreat colleagues. Leaders who care. Culture that expects excellence.

ConsLocal government client can be challenging.

"Sweatshop"

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsBooz Allen does have lots of contracts that you can transfer too

ConsThe corporate structure is built around working hard with little incentive for the said effort. If you have a bad Career Manager, your career with Booz Allen is stunted

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into smaller companies. They may not have as many contracts, but they will appreciate you for the work you do and do the best they can to keep you with them. Also, they have lower overhead and can pay far more that a company like Booz Allen.

On the decline to mediocrity

ProsStill has a good name.

ConsCompany has an identity crisis, is slow to adapt to changing markets, and is often more beauracratic than the Federal government.

Advice to Senior ManagementNight of 1000 knives.

Challenging environment, but not consistent workload.

ProsNot much management oversight. Able to work autonomously in a professional environment.

ConsBeing disconnected from the majority of the Booz Allen group sitting on client site. Very little paid time off.

My experience with the firm has been challenging and rewarding.

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) McLean, VA

ProsThe firm offers great training and educational opportunities.

ConsThe challenges are the firm expects its employees to bill its clients 40 plus hours a week, yet in order to succeed within the firm employees are expected to work an additional 20 hours a week for the firm which can often be challenging if you have a demanding client schedule. In order to succeed you must be connected to your groups inner circle.

BAH Atlanta Office

Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsWell known, prestigious consulting company. Work-life balance is pretty good. Name still resonates with people.

ConsOffice culture can be back stabbing and petty. Still relying on name and charging clients accordingly. Atlanta office has limited opportunities for growth compared with Washington, DC offices. Compensation is average for the industry, below competitors such as Deloitte, PwC, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop micro-managing and let smart people work smartly.

Worked for Booz Allen Hamilton? Contribute to the Community!