Borden Dairy

Updated Jul 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve McCormick

Good for anyone who needs a job. Not good if you are looking to grow your career.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGood benefits, reasonable vacation/PTO days

ConsNo leadership, no communication from corporate, don't expect any raises.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to communicate better across the whole company

I loved my job and the flexibility within my job.

Merchandiser (Former Employee) London, KY

ProsI was able to adjust my schedule enough to make it to most of my kids' sports events and other special events. I got my job done and was still able to be there when my family needed me.

ConsThere were some really early mornings but I was also home earlier than many of my friends because of it.

a lot of mixed messages

QA Manager (Current Employee) Baker, LA

ProsThe management groups within the company have good information sharing systems within the group, but sharing of information between the groups is slow and guarded.

ConsWhen the management leadership is needed for help, they claim their hands are tied by the upper corporate ranks. Corporate leadership is wishy washy.

Advice to Senior ManagementEven though "the lines are always open" is the mantra, the actuality is far from this.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Friendly people but not the greatest place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Passaic, NJ

ProsRoom for advancement if you are willing to move to Dallas, Texas. Many opportunities exist and could be a good place to work if they get their act together. Long term employees are very dedicated and good at what they do.

ConsHigh turnover rate from the top ranks of Executives and employees. Many issues at the top.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees.

Try never to be so desperate as to work here.

(Former Employee) Winter Haven, FL

ProsSalaries, benefits are reasonably decent. Bonuses... zero!

ConsSenior management is essentially non-existent, and those who are around, are useless to really understand the critical challenges of operating. Equipment and maintenance... incredibly poor and receive little or no investment; hours are ungodly; holidays- non-existent; culture is a mix of desperate, burned-out, long-term employees; non-English speakers; a few "loose cannons" walking around as well. The overall physical environment is dismal & dreary, dank, smelly and perhaps more suitable for the functionally insane.

Advice to Senior ManagementSadly, there's none to offer that they would either comprehend or have any real control over implementing.

Company has taken a turn for the worse as an employer of choice

AREA SALES MANAGER (Former Employee)

ProsIn recent years there are no pros. I could have given a different view three years ago.

ConsKeeps middle management and upper management employees that are bad for the business while laying off good, honest, hardworking loyal team players.

Advice to Senior ManagementClean out your upper management in the Florida division or at least send someone down to see all the problems you have and why your company is not where it should be financially and why morale is at an all time low.

Worst working experience of my life

Operator (Former Employee) Baker, LA

ProsIt was a job Good benefits and pay for this site was more then at other sites.

ConsWork you like a galley slave. Hours were start to FINISH no matter how long the work day went. Equipment was old and never replaced; just repaired enough every day to get through the job. No opportunity for advancement whatsoever. Very prejudiced company. Management positions only filled with white individuals. Same for office positions. Company is basically run by people who have little to no educational background.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct as if you care a little about the people who in all essence are the ones who are performing the work to get product out the door.

Former strong business continues to decline

Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosplenty of work and hours. pay is competitive.

Consfinancial losses continue, layoffs continue. they hire more vp's in Dallas but the worker bees get fired.

Advice to Senior Managementget rid of the same executive crew that sunk your ship rather than keep them in charge. most are clueless and are doing little to really improve the business. they are all talk but no results other than layoff more people, close more plants.

GOOD LUCK

Manager (Current Employee) Winter Haven, FL

Prosmoney.. the pay is the only good thing... the plant mgr was good to ... the people above him are clueless..

Consupper management is clueless. they have no idea on how to run a company.. sale managers are jerks..

Advice to Senior Managementtreat people fairly

New Owners and Management have ruined this Company!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThere are NO pros, employee moral is very low.

ConsNo Leadership!! Not a good place to work all hourly employees are just a number. No one is appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to get to know your employees.

Worked for Borden Dairy? Contribute to the Community!