BorgWarner

Be The First To
Add Photos

BorgWarner Chairman and CEO Tim Manganello

Tim Manganello

Great place to get experience

Product Engineer (Current Employee)
    Bellwood, IL

ProsDecent pay and Flexible hours

Consunorganized. sometimes i sit on the computer and do nothing for 8hours.

Very good experience with higher management, strong support from global colleagues. Get greetings wherever you go.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsEntrepreneurial environment, non-hierarchical organization, innovation driven, good support from higher management level, travel benefits, people provide sincere support and devote their time to help you even after first sight

ConsImplementation of ideas could move faster, but again this is a general problem for any company with a decent size

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Internship

Intern (Former Employee)
    Asheville, NC

ProsTook care of the interns extremely well. Had the opportunity to travel to Europe and interact with engineers there as well as in the US.

ConsThere are some that any other big company would have but they are not an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Promotes a "culture of growth"

Technician (Former Employee)
    Cadillac, MI

ProsOpportunity for advancement, Promotes from within, Good benefits, Fair policies. BorgWarner has a policy of acquiring companies, taking the best-of-the-best and implementing it corporate wide. I learned a tremendous amount about business operations while working for this company. They have a tuition reimbursement program and I earned my BA while working full time.

ConsIt is an automotive-based company and the automotive markets have waned in recent years. BorgWarner has diversified itself pretty well by gaining international customers as well as domestic U.S. customers, but the recession was still pretty hard on the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone. BorgWarner has an excellent management team.

great company with good growth track

Senior Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
    Auburn Hills, MI

Prosexcellent financial situation with excellent balance sheet

Consvery lean,not enough investment for long term research

Advice to Senior Managementcore research investment for next decade

The best work experience ever! Great, honest, dedicated people who have a passion for innovation and thriving to be the

Auburn Hills, MI

ProsGreat teamwork, optimistic people, Great workplace, flexible on time

ConsNot everyone knows how great this company is :-/

Advice to Senior ManagementBE very detailed with your team so that everyone can fully understand.

Good Company Culture

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Auburn Hills, MI

ProsExcellent products, highly engineered products and have lot of patents on company name. Proud sponsor of Indy 5000 race in Indiana.
    Senior management is very helpful and considerate towards employees and there is a policy of promoting within. Salary is at par with market

ConsThe IT department is highly decentralized and there are multiple people working for same job.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to work on centralizing the IT and other support functions.

Very few resources

Senior Buyer (Former Employee)
    Dixon, IL

ProsRural location - if one likes such area

ConsPoor work life balance; rural location - far from civilization

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of people along with profit

IT Support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBig company that uses technology

ConsManagement in IT doesn't know how to run a company this size like a big boy company. Still trying to operate like ma and pa kettle. Way to political, people hat don't have the know how have the power. Stay away from this place. They talk like they care about their production people but behind closed doors they are an expendable resource. They look at IT as a black hole and don't give the money needed, under funded and staffed.

Advice to Senior Managementclean house and get some leaders from companies that have good IT models

Great place to work!

Engineering Co-Op (Former Employee)
    Asheville, NC

ProsBorgWarner's Turbo Systems division is a very innovative and collaborative environment to work in. Facilities are top-notch and young talent is often brought in and cultivated here.

ConsHiring process is slow and unreliable. There are also some inefficiencies in the work flow process that makes getting medium priority projects done in a timely manner.

Advice to Senior ManagementBorgWarner needs to do more work on advanced projects to become a leader in technology, not a follower. Creating an advanced development group separately from product development could alleviate this issue.

Worked for BorgWarner? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at BorgWarner reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for BorgWarner CEO Tim Manganello. All 45 reviews posted anonymously by BorgWarner employees.