Borrego Solar

Borrego Solar Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mike Hall

The best job I have ever had

Engineer (Current Employee) Lowell, MA

ProsI have never worked for a more trusting and transparent organization. It is so refreshing to know exactly how and what the company is doing. All of the people are top notch and super hard working. The executives are approachable and definitely walk the talk. All of these things build what I feel is the best company culture in the industry. Their industry reputation for quality work is well earned. This company is for those who want to do good work, work hard, and reap the benefits.

ConsThey are lean and mean. At Borrego you are given both a lot of authority and responsibility . That responsibility at times can lead to a heavy load. While they are flexible, they also very process driven and so there is no short cutting.

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate that they are generally conservative as it has led to our continued annual profitability. That said I think with more resources we could do even more toward accelerating the adoption of renewable energy.

Good experience, low pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities for those willing to learn

ConsWell below-market pay. Young management with changing goals.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at salary comps

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great people make this company

ProsBorrego has assembled a fantastic staff of intelligent, driven individuals. The level of commitment and teamwork is exceptional and makes for a a fantastic work environment.

ConsNon Really. Typical growth problems and hurdles you would expect with a smaller company growing into more mature org chart. Hopefully the atmosphere doe not vanish with growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore disclosure of what is the future of the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a good solar company

Site Superintendent (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsSolar electricity is an up and coming field and the work will continue for a long time. Borrego is transitioning from a small residential and commercial engineering, design and construction firm (EDC) to purely project management. Borrego was a good place to learn the basics of solar electricity and project management. A friendly work environment and good people.

ConsManagement did not have training for any of the workers other than on the job. Manuals were not updated and no specifications were set in place. Designers were not field experienced. Some of the staff needed more training and field experience. Some of the field personnel did not have good quality control and attention to detail that had to be corrected by supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave training for personnel. keeping your workforce up to date is the best way to stay competitive. Look at employees better and promote based on ability not longevity.

Worked for Borrego Solar? Contribute to the Community!